Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-08-2014, 03:11 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridTouchGames View Post
Likewise this shows in browser with the AU directory in the URL: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/3d-drift-xtreme-racing-real/id790219426
Thanks folks, the link worked! Downloading now, will post later today with imps, just watching the Bathurst 12 hour at the moment. Cheers.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:27 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah I found it, but it's probably because the game has a different name to the thread title which is why I was lost before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (266.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-08-2014, 03:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Yeah I found it, but it's probably because the game has a different name to the thread title which is why I was lost before.
Ooooooh!! (sorry weak pun on your name )
Damn... I can see how you missed it if searching. It's too late to edit the thread title now, unless a kindly moderator could change it for me to: 3D Drift Xtreme Racing ??

Anyway thanks for the info mate - and I hope you have fun in the game

Last edited by HybridTouchGames; 02-08-2014 at 04:27 PM..
Old 02-08-2014, 05:45 PM

Wow, my first impressions are that this is extremely hard, it doesn't help that I suck at drifting clearly. But I am finding it really hard to even complete a course at this stage. I'll keep plugging away and see if I improve.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Wow, my first impressions are that this is extremely hard, it doesn't help that I suck at drifting clearly. But I am finding it really hard to even complete a course at this stage. I'll keep plugging away and see if I improve.

Yeah it's pretty hardcore but once you tune into each car it becomes very satisfying compared to "arcade" style of handling - when you do well it's because YOU did it

Try blasting around the training track to get used to counter steering. Come off the throttle for a nano-second to settle the back end. Flick the car in with a touch of handbrake. Catch the skid by counter-steering before it comes around too far. It will click and you'll be gliding around the corners before you know it

Were you using the buttons control, tilt or analogue slider? I find fastest times with buttons.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:

Yeah it's pretty hardcore but once you tune into each car it becomes very satisfying compared to "arcade" style of handling - when you do well it's because YOU did it

Try blasting around the training track to get used to counter steering. Come off the throttle for a nano-second to settle the back end. Flick the car in with a touch of handbrake. Catch the skid by counter-steering before it comes around too far. It will click and you'll be gliding around the corners before you know it

Were you using the buttons control, tilt or analogue slider? I find fastest times with buttons.
Been using tilt, unlike a lot It's my preferred choice for driving games.. I will try out the other options and see how I go. Thanks
Old 02-10-2014, 09:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Been using tilt, unlike a lot It's my preferred choice for driving games.. I will try out the other options and see how I go. Thanks
Yeah it's really more of a "twitch" game. You need the fast and precise control that buttons give you to make instant adjustments to steering. Hope you give it another try!

Here is a replay I found of a guy that really got on a roll in Freestyle! https://everyplay.com/videos/2983065
Old 02-10-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah it's really more of a "twitch" game. You need the fast and precise control that buttons give you to make instant adjustments to steering. Hope you give it another try!

Here is a replay I found of a guy that really got on a roll in Freestyle! https://everyplay.com/videos/2983065
Thanks guys, I am using the buttons now, which has enabled me to get further into the game, still finding it tough though, I keep over accelerating most of the time.. Very challenging. Not sure how others are going with it, I'd be interested to hear. I think I'm a better track racer than I am a drifter