Need help prioritising purchases!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PeteOzzy, Dec 26, 2013.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Hey guys, I need some help prioritising my iTunes spending. I know it's a long list but if anyone thinks any of these are must buys/avoids, I'd really appreciate the input. Thanks!

868 Hack
    Air Supply Infinite
    Campaign the Game
    Chippy
    Cryptogram Families
    Death Tower
    Device 6
    Doom & Destiny
    Duet
    Dungeonism
    Futuridium EP
    Glitch Tank
    GoatUp (1 or 2)
    Gurk III
    Hunters Ep2
    Icebreaker
    Impossible Road
    Incredipede
    Indiana Stone
    Joe Dever's Lone Wolf
    Junk Jack X
    Knife That Guy
    Mage Gauntlet
    Momonga Pinball
    Monster Loves You
    Mr Crab
    Oh Cube!
    Penumbear
    Rayman Fiesta
    Reckless Getaway
    Solar Flux
    Transport Tycoon
    Word Up Dog
    Year Walk
    14px
    Brutal Loop
    Shoggoth Rising
    Super Spaltform
    Republique
    Project '88
    Expander
    Tempura Runner
    Infinity Blade III
    Aliens vs Humans
    The Room 2
    No Brakes Valet

Cheers to anyway willing to help. Pretty sure I'll like any of the games listed above, but any money saved is always good!

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The only one I see worth buying is Rayman Fiesta.

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    IB3 while it's still on sale. That's a massive, amazing game right there.

I'd also go with Duet.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #4 undeadcow, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    With limited resources I tend to avoid games I'm iffy about and expect will go on sale soon. Infinity Blade III (like I and II before it) will be free at some point in the future, Hunters 2 and Penumbear will go on sale again. Some indie games like Aliens Versus Humans, Death Tower, or Super Splatform probably deserve support more at full price purchase. Some developers, like Rocketcat, never discounts so some games, like Mage Gauntlet, are unlikely to be discounted - Gurk III also... which means there's not reason to hold off on those, or that from a price standpoint they'll remain stable.

Check Appshopper for price drop history and if you're really on the fence look at other apps from the same developer/publisher for patterns (i.e. Square Enix, not on your list, always has a holiday sale).

5. Yes, both above and Futuridium.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For me these are the must buys. There are great games in that list that i didnt include though.

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Duet
    IB3
    Air Supply infinite
    Super Splatform
    Device 6

8. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Thanks guys, I was hoping for maybe one reply because of the rather long list but you've been brilliant! Cheers UndeadCow as well for the advice - I've never thought to check sales on developers other games, which suggests I should hold off on Duet Game, but the number of recommendations pretty much means I'll just get it haha.

Totally agreed on IB3, I definitely am amazed with the hype and impressions it got but I am yet to finish 1 or 2 so I could probably wait for later. It's lovely to have a few recommendations for games I'm already excited for, like Super Splatform, The Room 2 and Futuridium, so I can get the buzz when you press the app icon for the first time!

Hopefully I don't sound like a cheapskate - this list above is narrowed down from 200 which I narrowed down from my wish list of over 400! Cheers again!

9. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #9 Snozberry, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    The ones with an ✖️ are the games I own.

I don't own incredipede, but u highly recommend it, it looks awesome, but I'm waiting for a sale.. It went down to $1.99 but went back up again too quickly.

Icebreaker-
    I kind of feel like it's too rovio-ised. I feel like this would have been a brilliant game before ROVIO got their sleazy little fingers onto it, but can't say I recommend it much now.. I only played it once and never went back, it's not one of those games that completely mesmerise you, I just meh'd through the levels, not particularly being wowed at any moment.
    I think it's because it was too dumbed down for the casual crowd sheep, perhaps later on it gets more interesting but I couldn't play long enough to get to the challenging part.

Junk jack x-
    It's really not that different to the original junk jack, unless you specifically have a friend you want to play multiplayer with..
    And I don't like how zoomed out it is, feels foreign.. For most players, who just play single player, it's just the regular junk jack with a few more new items basically.

Momonga pinball-
    I literally played this once and never went back, just didn't capture me like some other games do. It wasn't bad, just not impressional..I'm not a big fan of pinball games so that could be why.
    But the graphics are absolutely perfect, as with the music and sounds.. I just gave it a quick little play then and it really is a well crafted masterpiece.. Could easily have been a N64 game. The music reminds me of snowboard kids n64.. I wonder if it's the same composer. Even though I don't like pinball, I can appreciate this game very much.. I think I am going to play it some more after I post this, it really does feel nintendoey.

Oh cube!
    There's so many levels.. I got bored of it before I could complete even 1/4, and I put quite a but of time into it. Several hours over many different sessions.
    I don't play it anymore, but it was nice while it lasted. Perhaps try the lite, if you like it, get the full version?

Rayman fiesta-
    Yeah it's alright.. Feels really similar to the first installment though would have been nice if they spruced things up with more innovative gameplay mechanics. I really don't like the warp gate object, it warps you to a new area in the level, but you have no clue where, so it's a little pointless. But other than that, the game is decent.

Splatform-
    I'm really loving this lately, it's one of those games you can really get into..at any moment, like if you just have a few spare moment: SPLATFORM, if you have a few spare hours: SPLATFORM. I love it. Tons of replayability collecting rainbow coins and completing the level in the least amount of bounces. Heaps of different leaderboard categories if you're into that, there's a bunch of different modes too, classic, infinite, and super. I really love it. Worth the $2 for sure.

Tempura runner-
    Eh, it's not as weird as the screenshots imply it is.. When I downloaded the game I thought I'd be in for a strange trippy treat, but the weirdest thing that happens is the shrimp throwing himself in the frying pan at the end of each level.. Each level just feels like.. Not much went into the level design.. They just threw a bunch of levels together to fill out the game, rather than testing each and every level for enjoyment factor and fun.

If I had to recommend one game out of these, I would say super splatform.
    But of course, I'm unaware of the quality of the rest of the games on your list.

10. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Thank you for taking the time, it's very useful to know that Fiesta Run is pretty similar to Jungle Run as I'm only halfway through the first (Rayman Legends is possibly my GotY, Origins was before that).
    Fantastic to hear from someone who's played Tempura Runner too - I figured it would be a wacky, artistic runner with a lot of character. Disappointed but it saves me money at least!

Super Splatform is on the definites list, will probably pick it up today. I've never seen so much positivity for an indie title before! Cheers!

11. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Go with: Device 6 and The Room 2 (for puzzle adventure games) b