1. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

This thread is intended to be a go-to source for information about IMO: The World of Magic, one of the newer MMORPGs to arrive on the app store. You can ask questions, assist other users, or just have a little discussion (but keep non-game related topics out of the forum please).

I am in the process of downloading this game after a long period of excitement. As I'm looking at the ratings, I'm seeing A LOT of people are having issues with launching the app, proper use of items, or just don't know how to use a lot of the controls (which it has a lot of by the looks of it).
    Reportedly, there are no tutorials and no means of instruction whatsoever. This is why I made another forum similar to the Pocket Legends Help Desk (which doesn't have tutorials either). I'm hoping someone on here can provide us with a little info about each little button there is to push and what it does. Troubleshooting problems hopefully can be remedied with a simple solution provided by another user or the developer. Otherwise, we'll have to wait. Until then... Ask away! :)

2. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Am I using the magician incorrectly, or does he just suck?

3. nightskys

nightskys Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    ok so my main problem is I do not under stand the difference between mana and crystals. looks like my spells as a ranger use crystals and not mana. someone explain the difference please.

also can anyone give details on the stats. when making my char i did not know weather to dumb it all on agi or spread it out thanks.

4. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Does anyone know where a good shop is for a level 4 person? I'm new to IMO, and MMO's in general. I need new weapons, clothes, etc.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    im a level five ranger now.
    -what the heck is up with the mana crystal usage..no mp, but i guess it's a good thing?..
    -umm what was i supposed to put the bonus stats into at the beginning of the game? i put 5 in dex and 4 in const
    -i bought the 2.99 dlc of course, but if i delete this character, will my next character be able to open the box again containing all the things the dlc gives you?
    -what skills are actually worth purchasing?
    -where do i get equips beyond the level of those in the first town?..do i have to go to other towns?

thats it for now.
    thanks!

6. czarro77

czarro77 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Mental Health
    Houston, Tx
    Hello everyone. I'm a lvl 3 warrior and am completely clueless as to where I must go to find enemies. Also I'm trying to distribute my skill points to my special skills. It let me five it only one point. I have one skill ponit left and can't apply it to the same skill. Maybe someone can set up a comprehensive FAQ. Thanx in advance for your help.

7. AnAdolt

AnAdolt Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    @Hdsn21 I haven't played a Ranger yet but Magician outdamages Warrior in these early, early stages. Magic-users, usually, tend to have more AoE skills and these glass-cannons usually shine mid to late game.

@nightskys The "Rage crystals" are used for some skills for the Warrior and Ranger class; in place of mana. Not sure if maybe some higher level skills will use a combination of both. Your Ranger does have skills that use mana though; although, you won't need to worry about mana as much as the Magician. I don't have much info besides that. Also, if you haven't seen one of Com2Us' comment on stats, then here's a link, http://global.com2us.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2436

@Gryphon23 I play on Siras so the layout may be different but there's only one weapon/armour shop in town and that's northwest of the fountain. The NPC "Jedai" is the one you want to talk to, she stands outside her house there.

@backtothis All of the items are "Soulbound" so it can't be traded and will exist and perish with the character. This is mentioned in the pack's description. The only exception to this is the random hat you get, which isn't Soulbound for some weird reason. Glitch maybe. They(Com2Us) haven't commented too much about this because I suspect they want to may change certain things to be account-wide changes, such as the no ads. The skill-reset is 11k and that's chump change if you're around level 7ish so just put points into whatever skill you can and reset later. Maybe hoard these, by the way, I'm sure they'll change it soon. I think the only way to get better equips is by fighting higher level monsters and hoping for an equip drop.

@czarro77 For a good map of enemy levels, go into the main menu, tap on the System submenu(second on the right), and then tap on Help. Tap on the left arrow twice and you'll see the map. For skills, you need to first read a skill book and unlock the rank before you can put a skill point into it. There's no "skill tree" and you can level up what you want but you must still meet the character level requirement and skill rank requirement, before you can level up a skill.

8. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    How do you apply skill points... and i'm still unclothed... can't even find a shop.
    haha...

9. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    To find shops go back to the village, and talk to the nonmoving characters, they sell various items.

10. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Is it just me, or does the Warrior class suck out of every other class? I get owned by people 2 levels lower than me on the 20 vs. 20 by rangers and mages :|....

11. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    My current questions.

How come all of the shops aren't open? They all say come back later.

What is the difference between the crystals and mana?

Is there a way to log out without just closing the app?

And also, it seems like a good ideas to put all the Q/A's in a google docs sheet or something, just to minimize redundancy.

12. Braiton

Braiton Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    1) There are shops open in town. The ones that are closed are future updates. This include: the pet shop, the (i think) herbalist shop, the cooking shop, etc.

2) Rage crystals are used for combat skills in warrior and ranger class
    Mana is used mainly in the mage class and for buffs and other non combat skills in the ranger can warrior class

3)Not right now.

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What does the oblivion potion and soul of lanos do?

14. ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I'm new to the game... I have a card in my inventory saying that the innkeeper has a quest. The beginning help person said I need to collect 5 clovers for him. I have collected 5 clovers, but I have no clue where the innkeeper is. Anyone know? Having a map of active quests would have been super helpful.

15. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    around the btoom right of the village is the innkeeper

16. ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Thanks for the help, found him.

17. Failboat103

Failboat103 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Sorry, too occupied to answer this question.
    On the island of oog
    how do you get a red/blue star next to your name?

18. Nicque

Nicque Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I am completely new to this game. I made a character logged on and ended up on a page with alot of spites just walking aimlessly around. What am I suppose to do, what is the goal, how do I engage in battles, etc. Basically how do I get started.:eek:

19. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    i belive you start the main quest by talking to the npc in front of the fountain, may be hard to see since ppl crowd around there

20. Unholy3000

Unholy3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    #20 Unholy3000, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
    I'm curious about the skills for the mage

I understand how to get them but do they work together???

example: say if i have a list of fire spells for me to reach the second spell do i need to have a skill point in the first fire spell? or does it just go by lvl were i can randomly throw skill points into any spell aslong as its in my lvl range!??!

AND

in the game if you click menu and go to status, beside streght, intelligence, dexterity, ect... theres fire, ice, poison, magic are these ur resistance to those elements?!?!

thanks