iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #2241 Catacomber, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    My problem Writingsama is that Redshift and Zarista are 2 separate companies--as Elendil said I can't make any changes to the Quest but I have bought enough copies of the PC version in the past that actually I discovered that I have about two licenses for copies that I don't need so I can share them with the two people who volunteered. Also, I happily now have enough pc betatesters.

I know that many people love having the pc version because it's easier to load and transfer saves and playing the high level expansions, there's no game lag.

Anyway, I'm sorry to have upset you. And I am all set now for testers. Thanks. : )

As far as more detailed instructions are concerned, we're trying to give more instructions and having the npc's repeat their instructions. That's about as far as Zarista can take it. This is, as Elendil, said an old school rpg -- that should take care of any problem that falls into the area Zarista has control over.

2. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    It will be a completely new game. Also there is one detail which I can share: the game will be party based.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You just made my day! :)

4. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I just a couple days ago picked up all the expansions and started my character over. Lots to do to catch up!!

5. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Thank you, lacedolphin. : 0 Dolphins are the peacable ones. : ) And they have a lot of other things going for them. : )

6. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    IMO, paying $10 or so for guaranteed admission to beta test an awesome game is well worth the price.

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Stupid question..

Does the PC version also have all the expansions?

8. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Started all over on my Itouch, since i had to flip pages for some quests, that I can't delete anymore.
    So starting fresh with the Main quest.
    Now I am wondering around looking for a Red book from Oyo that I need for a skull. I can't remember who the heck that was..
    Could someone point me to the right direction?
    I looked on some other site, that's maintaining all the Quests, but couldn't find anything about that one.

9. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I know that people have given some tips in here, but I still suck at this game. I always get defeated in the cemetary after running into the two skeletons.

10. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    He's in the Dungeon of Blood. Go to the Forest of Blood and there's an entrance in the north of that area.

11. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You can buy the official expansion on our website (www.redshift.hu) and Zarista Games' expansions on their website (www.zaristagames.com).

All expansions were released on PC/PPC/Palm first. :) Although the iPhone versions received lots of fixes (and in case of some of the expansions of Zarista, extensive overhaul/rewrite).

12. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    thanks

Going to by the PC versions. always nice to have it on a bigger screen :)

13. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    That's because you're rushing, try playing with a mage and take your time, you don't even have to visit the cemetary, go in the woods, roam around and just explore

14. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    #2254 pka4916, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
    How can I get the jeweler in Vastares to talk?
    my perse..... is 30. but she wont talk

15. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    What's your persuade skill level--that isn't all it's based on but it would help me. : ) Did you talk to the Nogur?

16. sniper

sniper Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    This looks delightfully retro.. Insta-buy

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    The rewrites we did for iphone/ipod were to make sure they offered something different to the players who had already played on pc/palm/ppc.

It doesn't mean the pc/palm/ppc versions are inferior--only that the iphone/ipod version are different to make them not ho hum for those who had already played them on pc/palm/ppc but wanted to play them on their new devices and still have some easter eggs to find. : )

However, Asteroids is completely different and so will be Ratz, Tower in Your Pocket because I got some really cool new graphics and wanted to showcase them--so we did a little bit of a rewrite. : ) I hope the new monsters in Ratz work--I won't know until iphone/ipod testing is over.

18. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #2258 Catacomber, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    If you have a pc try playing the Quest on it. It's so beautiful and you can save all your save games---

As it turns out I have enough testers. : ) But thank you so much for your view. The problem is that I could not have more iphone testers because there is some kind of limit.

And I needed new ones because many of my old testers had new commitments.

Whether you are aware or not and probably most people are not aware, the Zarista expansions have always evolved in part based on creative input from the testers and the community. You can see that in the game.

So I need to encourage new testers so the game evolves in that same creative way. Because we try to make a circle with you the community so you are involved.

Do we need to do it that way? NO. We have enough creativity I think on our own but it's not the same thing. Our expansions are infused with the breath of our players. And we want to keep it that way no matter what we have to do.

It's a community of creativity that keeps giving back to those involved and to the players. It's a circle of creativity.

If we can't do that there is no point in our making new expansions.

We will have to stop.

But I'm not Redshift so I can't give away free copies of the Quest for PC to my testers. : ) I bought a few licenses. I wouldn't mind buying more but I think it's wonderful for someone to have a copy of the Quest for PC and you support Redshift by buying it.

I know I made a big hole and put my foot in it somehow. Thanks for getting the drift and helping me pull my foot out. : )

I started out making free expansions for Redshift's Legacy and then got involved in the Quest and then I got involved in a partnership with Dr. Vlad that turned out to be Zarista and it was always my great joy to involve as many people as wanted to get involved. So the day I can't involve people in that way is the day I can't make any more expansions.

I have to be able to continue the joy or it won't work for me anymore.

Some of my closest friends are people I've met betatesting. : ) And they have had, I think, a chance to express themselves in a way that was important to them and you, the players, got a lot out of it as much as they did--but they got more.

Because not everyone can do what they love and they got that chance and we gave it to them. And I'm thankful I was able to do that and have that kind of circle of joy.

I know it's important to do what you love and what interests you cause Redshift gave me that chance---to do what I love. ; ) So I try to give it back to others who are interested in that type of creativity.

19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #2259 Catacomber, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    Not to be short-listing, but mentioning:

Argimon (made his dungeons)
    Martelius (made his dungeon)
    Silvergirl (wrote her dialogues and quests)
    OldShaman (is still coding fantastic new dungeons)
    Gbol (whose music is superb--it was a side file on the pc)
    Myrobotwillneverdie (testing superb)
    Hawkfire with his nice priest graphics
    Dea Firstianty for her nice quests
    Lord Yuz for his fantastic quests and stories
    Liz for her fantastic stories and quests
    MulderzSiS (for her delightful dungeon)
    Imran (for his delightful quest)
    PointofLight (for his challenging quest)
    Roland (for his fantastic testing and ideas)
    DemanK (for his fantastic testing and ideas)
    DetlevH (for his wonderful German language quest)
    Demonstar (for his thoughts about evil items and wonderful testing)
    Tux1212 (for his site that has so many maps and quest lists and hints)
    Ghosthunter (for her wonderful quests)
    Goldenghost (for her wonderful ideas)
    Aslmentor (for his wonderful ideas)
    Cfsdoc (for his delightful addition of having a doctor with certain presents for you)
    Vaterguy for his personality : )
    Freckles (for her best testing ever)
    MamaOwl (for her best spelling errors and dialogue errors ever)
    Michele_L (for her delightful puzzle and guides and overall commitment to helping in forums wherever they are)
    and I could go on....you just have to read the credits books

That's what my testers do and that's why I need them. : )

And that's why I wanted you to be a part of it all. But I'm OK thankfully. : ) I had a nice response. : )

20. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Wow, looking nice.. Lot's of women seems like it. Good job ladies :)
    Bought the PC version also, and starts indeed different as the Itouch version.

as far as the 1 quest. I forgot Noghur.. talked to him, and now I'm on my way again. It's not easy to start from scratch. Hopefully things will work out.