Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-13-2014, 03:45 PM

Hey EVG, great game! Love it. Can you please add an Undo option? I swap so many tiles by accident and waste them. Also when you finish a match with a friend can you just put a rematch button in there?
I love the visual style. Also maybe some kind. Endless mode would be cool, like how many grids can you clear in a row with the lowest score possible or grids to zero in a row or something like that?
Thanks for the great addition to word games (you bumped SpellTower off my home screen).
Old 03-13-2014, 05:26 PM

Thanks for playing! Really pleased people are enjoying the game.

Those improvements you suggested are on the todo list for sure.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:26 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Is it, really? I'm not a dev. I'd say, take it from there where you took the English dict. Are there no free open source dictionaries?
There are a few common dictionaries in English, but their copyright status is a tad cloudy. Even then, some players don't like how restrictive they are—iirc Loren Brichter modified one to make his own for Letterpress. Finding a quality German (or Spanish, etc) dictionary will be time-consuming, especially when I have to find it using English search terms

The really tricky part will be figuring out letter tiles. Q is a pain in English; Word Forward has a "Qu" tile instead, and my game doesn't even allow Q. For other tough letters, like X, how best to figure out how many points to assign?

Last edited by n8o; 03-13-2014 at 11:33 PM..
Old 03-14-2014, 10:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGVroom View Post
Thanks for playing! Really pleased people are enjoying the game.

Those improvements you suggested are on the todo list for sure.
Howdy!

Started playing this today with my wife and a couple friends and do enjoy the game play. A real gem of a quick play word game. Graphics and music are great! Couple questions and/or improvements.

1) The splash screen shows "play the best of three rounds" but I don't see a way to set this up. I think its a great feature and sort of standard on score based word games. Maybe set things up so the creator of the game can set how many games to play in a set even?

2) A rematch button is essential. Especially in the current situation where it seems to only play a one game series.

3) Is there a way to disable ads?

4) Do the Modifier tiles reset for every game? Should I be using them every game or will they run out and need to be re-purchased?

Anyhow, thanks for a great new game and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Tango

Last edited by Tango; 03-14-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Howdy!

Started playing this today with my wife and a couple friends and do enjoy the game play. A real gem of a quick play word game. Graphics and music are great! Couple questions and/or improvements.

1) The splash screen shows "play the best of three rounds" but I don't see a way to set this up. I think its a great feature and sort of standard on score based word games. Maybe set things up so the creator of the game can set how many games to play in a set even?

2) A rematch button is essential. Especially in the current situation where it seems to only play a one game series.

3) Is there a way to disable ads?

4) Do the Modifier tiles reset for every game? Should I be using them every game or will they run out and need to be re-purchased?

Anyhow, thanks for a great new game and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Tango
Hey! Thanks so much for playing.

About those questions. !

1) That splash screen actually shouldn't say that. I used to have multiplayer be best of 3 when we were in beta but people just weren't playing. I think it was because a 3 round game was just too much of a time drain. So we ended up making it a one round game in the end. I could add the option in an update for sure.

2) Yep. Rematch is deffo gonna get put in.

3) No way to disable adverts right now.

4) There are 5 modifiers. 2 letters which reset each round and 3 special ones (jumble, swap, and bomb) which you only have a certain number of. You can get more of these via coins you win (in single player or multiplayer) or by just buying a coin pack.

Again! Thanks for playing. I made Word Forward on my own over the last many months and it's brilliant to see so many people enjoying it.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:10 PM

Just made it to number ONE in the US and UK word game charts
Old 03-17-2014, 01:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGVroom View Post
Just made it to number ONE in the US and UK word game charts
Congrats on that! Been having fun with it! Have got several friends to pick it up as well.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:07 PM

Thanks Tango!