Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-17-2014, 12:11 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

kinda bullshit that they promised they will patch widescreen to 2013 and never did.

still a fun series though, wonder if there will ever be animations on the mobile versions.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:00 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

the ratings im more concerned about are the prospects, especially the pitching prospects.

ex: henry owens, a top 50 prospect, is a 2 star potential
same with andrew heaney, while christian vasquez is 4.5 stars
and brandon workman, who has shown the ability to be a #3 starter in the majors, is a 1.5 star potential

and i also cant control myself with the editor

also....where the hell did they get the prospects list from? XANDER BOGARTES IS THE NUMBER 2 PROSPECT IN THE MLB AND YOU HAVE HIM LISTED AS 26

if you cant tell im a die hard sox fan
Old 04-17-2014, 04:26 PM

Default Game Impressions

bought the game at noon here in china...its' now 522am. finally putting the game down lol player editor is great. i have to agree with some of the previous posters, prospects ratings seem rather random. is anyone finding the play by play text a little choppy? not as smooth running as iootp 13. injuries seem way too common. i am playing as the red sox and just played the yankees...and half their starters were out lol...not complaining though 27-3 record so far haha
Old 04-18-2014, 02:07 AM

Is it worth getting if I have iootp 2013? Any way to add real MLB logos? I did it for iootp 2013 on non-jailbreak device.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:12 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
Is it worth getting if I have iootp 2013? Any way to add real MLB logos? I did it for iootp 2013 on non-jailbreak device.
I am enjoying it, but it feels a lot like 2013 but with iphone 5 support finally. Yes, I put the same logo files in the same file folder as I did with 2013 and it worked fine. However, people on the iOOTP forum said the ballpark images aren't working. But then again, I don't know if they were trying iphone 5 size images or the older ones...

As far as is it worth it... There's a player editor, which some people are enjoying. I wanted manual save files separate from auto saving, but they still haven't offered that (if you quit mid-game, you still can't revert to an old save and begin that game again). ALSO, there's still no ball/strike count or overall pitch count listed in field view where it would be most helpful. In fact, I can't find ANY screen to reference how many balls/strikes I have if they don't mention it numerically in the commentary. Just seems like a totally weird thing to leave out of a stat heavy manager!!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:03 PM

Thanks! Seems like having retina display for the text heavy nature and iPhone 5 widescreen support might be the biggest two advantages for me over 2013.

I'm likely not going to be using the editor mode much at all.

Can you remind me how to add the logos and stadiums again. I did it once and chose to never remove the app from my phone since I'm not all that tech savvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
I am enjoying it, but it feels a lot like 2013 but with iphone 5 support finally. Yes, I put the same logo files in the same file folder as I did with 2013 and it worked fine. However, people on the iOOTP forum said the ballpark images aren't working. But then again, I don't know if they were trying iphone 5 size images or the older ones...

As far as is it worth it... There's a player editor, which some people are enjoying. I wanted manual save files separate from auto saving, but they still haven't offered that (if you quit mid-game, you still can't revert to an old save and begin that game again). ALSO, there's still no ball/strike count or overall pitch count listed in field view where it would be most helpful. In fact, I can't find ANY screen to reference how many balls/strikes I have if they don't mention it numerically in the commentary. Just seems like a totally weird thing to leave out of a stat heavy manager!!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:29 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
Thanks! Seems like having retina display for the text heavy nature and iPhone 5 widescreen support might be the biggest two advantages for me over 2013.

I'm likely not going to be using the editor mode much at all.

Can you remind me how to add the logos and stadiums again. I did it once and chose to never remove the app from my phone since I'm not all that tech savvy...
Documents/saved_games/Game 1.lg/news/html/images

In that folder is where I replaced the logos.

Haven't tried loading the ballparks yet because all my ballpark images fit the old screen size and not the iPhone 5.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:08 AM

just finished a series in toronto with the red sox. the attendance for each game was 5677 lol