Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2013, 08:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I've been going back and forth, finally bought the game on sale, played it this afternoon. I was starting to enjoy it, and then I was confused that it was starting over…

It was only upon reading this thread that I realized getting your new ship means the game is over. Maybe it's because I just finished KOTOR (is there a better game anywhere?) but I feel as if this is the shortest game in existence. I started it after putting my son down for his nap, and finished it before he woke up.

I don't exactly feel that my money was wasted, more of a hollow "that's it? " feeling.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:26 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheebers View Post
I've been going back and forth, finally bought the game on sale, played it this afternoon. I was starting to enjoy it, and then I was confused that it was starting over…

It was only upon reading this thread that I realized getting your new ship means the game is over. Maybe it's because I just finished KOTOR (is there a better game anywhere?) but I feel as if this is the shortest game in existence. I started it after putting my son down for his nap, and finished it before he woke up.

I don't exactly feel that my money was wasted, more of a hollow "that's it? " feeling.
I did not feel that Star Command was short. I was just glad that game was over when I completed it and then deleted it...

FTL is coming...
Old 12-21-2013, 10:46 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheebers View Post

That's completely reasonable. It's not a long game. I found that continuing after it starts over adds to the fun because you can check out other room types and upgrades. And since you start with the crew you finished with, you can still hack it against more enemies. If you don't feel like playing the same story again, though, I can see how it would feel too short.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Hi!
I just completed the game with a medium starship...no more red dots on the maps except Phobos (which restarts the game).
Completed the 'main' mission and all the side missions I could find...but I still have some black dots on the maps.
Is that normal?
Are those meant for future expansions or for alternate choices?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:08 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

What do I need to do to get my save game on my iPad to show up on my iphone? I've got both cloud boxes in game checked on and I've backed up both devices to cloud just a moment ago, but its not showing up on my iphone.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:34 PM

I've been playing FTL, and it seems pretty similar to Star Command but with an actual storyline.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:49 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hourglass View Post
I've been playing FTL, and it seems pretty similar to Star Command but with an actual storyline.
You got it wrong. This crap is similar to FTL, not the other way around.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:48 PM

Wondering: A) was the recent price drop in response to FTL's release?
And b) Are the ever gonna fix/finish this game?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin_ondamoon View Post
Wondering: A) was the recent price drop in response to FTL's release?
And b) Are the ever gonna fix/finish this game?
They said that they Away Teams update should be coming soon. It should also have a lot of unannounced stuff in it as well, I'm pretty sure.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:33 PM
iPad Air

What it needs is an endless, procedurally generated mode like FTL. I'm not a fan of scenario-based gameplay; it's too finite.