★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-27-2015, 11:15 PM
It's been out as paid for quite a while, so those who prefer premium have already bought it. And they won't be affected by the move to free.

But now that it is free it will let a whole bunch of new people experience the game for the first time, which is great for the team.
05-31-2015, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
I hope its not intrusive and hope it doesn't deteriorate the premium experience.
Hi sugimulm,

I'm one of the developers on the project and wanted to give you some more details. I spent a bunch of time writing a system so anyone who purchased the game previously will not be affected in any way by the move to F2P. You will continue playing the game as you always have without ads, delay mechanics etc. Anyone downloading the game for free can access the entire game without spending any money, however they see ads until they make a purchase and have a few other differences. I wanted to make sure we were loyal to our existing playerbase and put the time in to make sure the system was as fair as possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
06-02-2015, 01:45 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to SpungeGames
Oh wow. It's like every single hour I poured into Missile Command suddenly is relevant again! Smooth gameplay, satisfying explosions, and the powerups! Once I realised I could multitouch to fire multiple missiles simultaneously? I became the ultimate Battle Group tactician. But then I got overzealous.

Oh what's that? I just lost several hours on this? Not even mad.

10/10 would fire all ze missiles again.

- Elliot@SpungeGames

Posted by Rexxie
Spunge Games
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
06-02-2015, 02:13 AM
Thanks Elliot. Glad you picked up on the Missile Command vibe. And yes, multi-touch works works great in the game.

It's one thing that wasn't explicitly pointed out to the player, so I'm not sure if many people have discovered this, but once you work it out you can take out multiple enemies at once.

Another trick I use is to quickly double tap between two oncoming jets - this takes them both out before they can launch a single missile (and looks cool).
06-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Love it! Thanks!
06-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Missile Command!!! Oh the memories. This is a fun and nostalgic journey to my childhood. I couldn't get into this because of the original changes, but with this update it is on my play list for sure.

Well done guys

PP