Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Ah, I can see how that would be cumbersome. Yeah, it seems like there is enough screen real-estate on the iPad that you could add a second restart (from the beginning of the level) button.

2. ianval

ianval Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Another Trials HD remake, now Groundhog Fever. ARZ8, enjoy! :)

3. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    the difficulty on the second half of the hard levels and the extreme levels are way too tough, i'm not even gona try to get three stars

4. Staeit

Staeit Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I actually like the checkpoints the way they are. Dragon's Teeth is an exception to that, but as was mentioned a few posts back, the second checkpoint is so easy to get to that it doesn't really matter.

JC3 bomb bridge is 1000x more doable with the new update (indeed, I was able to 3-star it), and even though the last part is tricky, once you practice and figure it out, it's no problem.

If the devs implemented a restart from beginning button on an iPod/iPhone I would probably cry. It definitely makes sense on an iPad, but please don't do it on the iPhone!

The only complaint I have about this game is care full of bears. Getting the first coin and getting through, and then over the barrels is complete luck.

I haven't gamed much for the last 5 years, and my wife is now annoyed at how much I've played this game! It's incredibly fun, and I have told 5 or 6 people who all bought it upon my review, and they all love it :D

Keep the updates coming! :D :D :D

5. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Dragons Teeth - 3 Starred

Ladies and Gentlemen... take a bow!!

[​IMG]

After a case of fatal OCD, after almost 3 weeks of trying and failing, finally three starred Dragon's Teeth. Almost had a heart attack in the last second on this successful run.

Curiously, am now all the way back to 4000s on the leaderboards as compared to some 54th after I had 2-starred dragon's teeth. What the heck happened? People got that good at the game all of a sudden?

6. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #686 Ickon, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    Have downloaded the update and played the new levels?
    There is a bunch of easy stars to get there (although i cant do the 2 new hard levels)
    That might be why there are a bunch of people in front of you now!

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice I like the track.

8. skaz1985

skaz1985 Member

Oct 28, 2011
    #688 skaz1985, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    i guess this game isn't totally impossible.. although that 2min joker baron 4 is a doozy. now i can finally get on with my life yay! haha :)

Attached Files:

9. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Congratulations! Just curious. Where are u on the leaderboards?

10. Mike summers

Mike summers Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Any tips for the 4th coin in jb4? I've only been able to get it by getting the back wheel caught and sliding down

11. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Wow, congratulations! Enjoy your free time, more levels coming soon ;)

I guess you have also all 3 achievements then as well, right?

12. skaz1985

skaz1985 Member

Oct 28, 2011
    #692 skaz1985, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    @ spidey
    i am first at the moment, and judging by the numbers on the board and knowing how i climbed up, 2nd and 3rd i'm pretty sure have i'm guessing just the timed star on jb4 to finish before they make up their gap on me.

@ mike summers
    the best and how i see it only way to get those 4th and 5th coins on jb4 involve first getting into that second from the right column for the slide down and getting stuck far down in that crack and gassing it with a forward lean to pop your way out of it and do it in such a way that you angle over to hit that coin in the corner (out of all the coins.. this was the hardest and most frustrating for me). then to hit the 5th coin (and i think what you're calling the 4th coin) you get all the way to the bottom and back up as far as you can and lift up your back tire and give that plank the tiniest little kiss to have it tip back and into the other plank. let it fall completely and then you raise the tire and back up ever so gently but also somewhat quickly onto the wood and if you do it right the wood should be nice and level and to where you can get the coin and then just drive straight out and get that 6th coin and finish the level. and make sure you get the third coin with the checkpoint coming afterwards as it's very close and that was also something that took me a bit to get. good luck!

13. skaz1985

skaz1985 Member

Oct 28, 2011
    ha i suppose so. i must say.. you guys have created a great game usually i dont get this obsessed with games like i have for this one. it's totally monopolized my free time especially after that most recent update with joker cat 3 getting changed. i'll definitely be looking forward to the next one so i can get obsessed with it all over again!

14. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

#694 qwiboo, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    So glad to hear you're enjoying the game!

Also, Bike Baron was featured on todays G4 Attack Of The Show! Wow! http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/episodes/

And also featured on AppJudgment on Revision3! http://rev3.cc/e/10064

Enjoy ;)

15. Staeit

Staeit Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Can you post your stats? Curious to see how many hours you need to log to get 100% on all levels. I'm sitting at rank 33, with about 25 hours logged (lol).... need to do jb4, jb3, and finish up bombkin gravity (in the opposite order to what I just wrote :>)

16. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India

That's awesome I think. I have clocked 30 hrs and have JC3 and your tracks pending. I have spent a couple of hours on user created tracks and with fiddling with the level editor, which I am sure you would have done as well.

And would definitely be interesting to know the stats of the guy at no.1

17. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    After getting three stars in Dragon's Teeth and noticing that Joker Baron 4 is the worst designed level to ever appear in a video game (as if the designers have serious mental issues), rating dropped to 1 star. There is only 1 achievement in the game for getting all stars, so now we see the joke was on everyone, with who knows how many made-up players or dev-cronies chancing upon a 3-star run of that last level. Good riddance to this app.

18. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Lol! I've never seen so many made up conspiracy theories from someone on these forums. I'm sure you'll be demanding video proof of level completion now. Seriously, I think you need to take a break, get outside for some fresh air, and clear your head.

In the end, it is a game. Who cares?

19. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    So you've played through and enjoyed 51 levels but because the 52nd is too difficult for you you rated the game 1 star?

This is childish and ridiculous! This is exactly why games are getting easier and players are hold by the hand all through games nowadays...

I have yet to 3 star the dragon teeth or the new hard level but in my opinion that is what makes this game 5 star. The game is well made, challenging and there is always room for you to improve!
    Also if you look above your post at least 1 person has 3 starred JB4.

20. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I don't take grubjelly seriously anymore. He's complained about JCS, and now this (along with some others). Honestly, two of my favorite games on the iOS.

It's how the game was supposed to be.