FEELER: Rock-Paper-Scissors App Tournament

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Jeremy1026, Mar 31, 2012.

?

Would you enter the tournament?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jeremy1026

Jeremy1026 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    I was wondering if anyone would be up for spending a day or two writing an app to play in a rock-papper-scissors tournament against other developers? The basic premise is that I would provide an application with the game simulation code pre-written. You would then modify the header/implementation of one of the players with your artificial intelligence code then send it back to me. Once I have received all of the entries (by a set deadline) I will take your code and match it up against another player (single elimination bracket) and run the outcomes. The overall application would run 1,000 games against your opponent. Higher point total moves on to the next round (2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 for a loss).

I would have mandatory variables to edit, to make sure that your 'player' works within the game.
    The game would allow you to see your opponents last throw, to help your algorithm/strategy.

I think it would be a fun little challenge and a good way to break up the monotony/grind of typical development work and be a way to have a little fun. So, basically all I am asking is, if I put the work in to get everything running and set up, would you create an implementation to enter into the tournament?

This would be for fun, as I don't have the means currently to put up any sort of prize. If everyone would like, we could make an entry fee of 1 promo code, or something non-monetary, to enter a 'player' just to make it a bit more interesting.