Universal Clash Of Clans [Strategy]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MacGyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Raid someone for it, very very easy to get. Get 9 or so giants and 10-15 goblins and 2-3 wall breakers and you can easily get a quick 40k. You maybe won't win the whole engagement, but the goblins go straight for the resources while the giants soak up damage. Pretty awesome combo. =]

2. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Ended up with a lot of Elixir, so I just got three level six gold mines.

I get over 50k regularly now.

I also gave my little place a much-needed defence upgrade, now all the good stuff (gold) is protected.

3. shinbone64

shinbone64 Active Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Has anyone made touch arcade 2? Don't want to spend the gold on the castle unless it is up

4. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    No. But we might make some room for people.

5. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Or maybe remove inactive members :) - I just started playing this game and am very active although still low level at the moment. Need to join a great guild as well!

6. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    The problem is that there is no activity meter...

7. chobo

chobo Active Member

Nov 5, 2012
    I'm so sad...
    Is there a way to restart the game?
    I used up all my gems during the learning phase of the game T-T

8. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Only if you use a different gamecenter ID

9. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    I'm thinking of starting to play this since I'm already into Happy Street and Hay Day. Is it IAP dependent to get anywhere or can you achieve a lot with patience?

I don't mind spending a little $$ but just wondering what their IAP model is, thanks in advance

10. bmac 8

bmac 8 Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I hesitate to kick players because I'm not sure if they are active or not. We have been at max for a few weeks. When ever we get a free space I try to send out invites. I'm sure our clan elders do the same. I'll tweet the makers of the game and copy Toucharcade to get their attention. Hopefully they can either up the number or let us know who we can safely kick in a future update.

Has Toucharcade2 been created yet?

11. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    That would be nice. Post if you get a reply. I don't think toucharcade 2 has been created yet.

12. n00sipher

n00sipher Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Engineer
    Philippines
    Create Toucharcade 2 pleaaase. I don't have a clan yet. :/

13. MobilitySC

MobilitySC New Member

Dec 27, 2012

You can use Game Center to check who’s active (works only if you are Game Center friends with your clan members).

Open Game Center
    - Games (main menu)
    - Clash of Clans
    - Players (a tab next to Achievements)

You’ll get a list of your Game Center friends and below each name you’ll see when they have played Clash of Clans.

For example: “John Doe, Last played: 1 hour ago”.

I hope this helps you while our team is working on new features :) I can’t promise you that “Last played” stats will make it into the game, but we’ll certainly look into it!

Disclaimer: I work at Supercell, taking care of the Clash of Clans community.

14. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Cool. Will you be considering to have a way to expand clans?

15. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    This is terrible, forcing you to buy magic gems to get anything done is lulz. Deleted instantly

16. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Hey guys, just letting anyone who cares know that we are gonna either be kicking some inactive players from the clan and/or a few of us might be making a new clan if anyone is interested. I will keep you guys posted on the details.

17. trnZ

trnZ Active Member

May 20, 2009
    This is not true. I've spent a few last weeks playing this game actively, didn't spend a single cent on it. Higher level buildings require some time to be built (1-2 days), but in meantime you can raid other towns and make money. For me it is actually a bonus that you can't get anything instantly and you have to make smart decisions in order to make yourself better. Also,

I'm kind of surprised this game isn't really popular on TouchArcade. The community is big, there is also a subreddit on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/), and not many games do have one there.

18. bluescrn

bluescrn Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Indie Game Developer
    #98 bluescrn, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    The monetization model in this game is bloody horrible. It embodies everything that is wrong with F2P. Constantly in-your face 'BUY MOAR GEMS! SPEND MOAR GEMS!'

Which is a shame, because it's a highly polished game, with some nice ideas, and some pretty good game design hidden behind the ugly money mechanics. Elements of Farmville-like games mixed with RTS-lite/tower defence, done with extremely nice presentation.

It's the first time I've ever spent money on 'gems' or similar in an F2P game. And probably the last. I bought enough to get up to 4 builders, so I could actually make some progress. Thought that might be enough to enjoy the game, but oh no, this is a money-hungry game that keeps demanding feeding.

Got to Town Hall 5 / Lv30ish, and the game just lost it's fun/wants me to keep spending if I'm going to make any more progress. It's getting to 4 days/upgrade on most things now, and getting the resources to progress to TH6 seems quite a pain, as I'm losing a big chunk of resources to attacks - as I made the mistake of earning trophies. (It seems that you're supposed to play this game at zero trophies until you max everything out...)

Of course, you can spend money on shields to solve that problem. But no, sod that...

Also, it's a real pain that you need a builder free to upgrade walls. At least there'd be something to do during the looooong upgrades if you could at least upgrade a few wall sections each day - spend some gold before it's raided... but nope.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Any way to reset Clash of Clans? Tried the "other GC account" but didn't work.

20. h_A_Z

h_A_Z Active Member

Oct 29, 2011
    PJ
    Is there iCloud synching?