★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Masters of Backgammon

08-30-2011, 11:16 AM
I've always wanted to learn Backgammon but never quite got round to it so getting this app for free seemed like a good start.

The good stuff:
This game is very slick with clear, pretty graphics and an excellent interface. It strikes a very good balance between swiftly keeping the game moving (you're never left sitting around waiting for something to happen) and clearly showing everything that's happening (pieces move from point to point rather 'teleporting' around the board). It's a very pleasurable and hassle free experience. It 'feels' like you're playing a physical board game.

There's some good suite of multi-player options including a single device pass-and-play mode, two device bluetooth mode and on-line play.

The not-so-good-stuff:
The how to play instructions are terribly translated into English. Completely unintelligible. I had to look up the rules of Backgammon on-line.

There doesn't appear to be any difficulty options for the single player mode. You get one type of AI and that's it. And, as I've come close to beating it after only a few plays, I'd guess that it won't put up much of a challenge to a seasoned Backgammon player.

The on-line mode is effectively useless at the moment as it can never find a player.

So, in summary, a very pretty and playable game that let down by a distinct lack of options. As it stands, if you want to play a simple game of Backgammon with someone in the same room as you, then this comes very highly recommended. Otherwise I'd wait to see if the developers add different levels of AI opponent and Game Centre internet play before adding it to your collection.
08-30-2011, 03:12 PM
This is a very good backgammon game, but...

...it doesn't keep track of wins and losses vs. the AI opponent. I'm loving everything else about this game. It's the best backgammon game I've found in the App Store.

08-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Correction to my previous post

I just realized that wins/losses vs. the AI opponent are tracked and displayed on the right-hand edge of the backgammon board, so I want to retract the critical comment I made in my previous post.
08-30-2011, 04:26 PM
A simple nice backgammon game that lacks statistics, different AI levels and the possibility to change the direction you want to play to.
its ok for the price, looks good, but there are better versions out there in the depth of the app store like my favorite: Backgammon NJ, but thats still at the price of 3,99 €.

Feel free to add me in GC: Nin Kuji
09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
version 1.02 with GameCenter support and a lot of fixes coming tomorrow!

there more promo codes for our game!

Last edited by DrKLO; 09-10-2011 at 10:26 AM.
09-10-2011, 10:38 AM
taken 3797473KL64J thx!

09-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
We released a new version of Masters of Backgammon.
-Added GameCenter support with the oppurtunity to participate in leaderboards
-Added advanced statistics for the last match
-Share the game with friends in Facebook and Twitter.
Soon we will release another update with full multiplayer support via GameCenter and a plenty of unique achievements.
Currently we run a special offer! For only one week we are selling this game at a bargain rate of $0.99! Hurry up and get it while it lasts!

Promo codes:
09-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Got L7HYA3MJM7NW. Thanks a lot!

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
10-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Masters of Backgammon HD

Free version: Masters of Backgammon Free

Promo-codes special for you :

Let's play backgammon!

Last edited by Lord British; 10-05-2011 at 09:19 AM.
10-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Took J3KHXR4LXJNK. Thanks, will try it out later and leave a comment

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey