Universal Eyes - the horror game (by Gameverse Paulina Pabis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Broli95

Broli95 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Could you add the flashlight in the next update? It'd be awesome!

2. ynka

ynka Member

Apr 3, 2013
    indie game developer
    Well, lack of flashlight on mobile devices was a tough decision. Adding realtime lighting causes performance issues and makes whole thing non trivial. ;)

But to cheer you up I can tell I'm working on a new project - it's also a horror game but this time sci-fi!

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'm super interested in this game. I think I'll throw a buck at it later today.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Man, the video shows the game play moving really fast, I think I'm gonna Ralph!!! :(

5. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    ^^^Do you have a Facebook page for the game?

6. ynka

ynka Member

Apr 3, 2013
    indie game developer
    #26 ynka, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Wait, the gameplay video is from the PC version right?

Anyone have footage from the iOS version or is it exactly the same as the PC version?

8. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Is this game as scary as The Woods, or Slender Rising? I enjoy this type of game.

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013

In my opinion it is definitely scarier than any of the maps in slender rising (night mode/storm, etc) as you cant see whats in the other side of the hallway. Its pitch black almost while in slender rising its just foggy. Also great sound

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

TA just reviewed the game

4.5 out of 5
    "Eyes is as immersive, as unsettling, and as chilling a horror experience as you'll find on any platform, if not as lengthy as horror fans would like."

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Whoa, 4.5/5 from TA?? Looks like I'll be picking this up soon.

12. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    App store reviews say it crashes on ipad 1, OS 5.1.1. Can anyone verify whether this is a common occurrence or a fluke? :confused:
    Looks like a great game!

13. ynka

ynka Member

Apr 3, 2013
    indie game developer
    Actually I'm afraid it will crash on your iPad 1 too. :(
    Choosing supported devices in Xcode is really tricky - there is no straight way to do it and on ipad 1 game hits the memory limit. I will do my best to make it run on older devices soon.

I know about issues with iPod touch 4th gen and iPhone 3gs too.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #34 Vovin, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    The first time I played this on PC, I also sat in the dark like front page reviewer David. I had 14 bags and knew where the last few were. I came from the cellar and checked for her through ghost sight. But because of the movement from her, I couldn't make out much. As soon as I re-entered reality, I ran up the stairs, turned, and she decided to appear directly in front of me. I threw my arms up, my mouse away and shrieked like the first row at a Justin Bieber concert. Imagine that and know that I am 2.04 meters high. I catapulted back and nearly fell over backwards with my chair. Paulina should ship this with a safety helmet.

15. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    #35 gekkota, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    Thanks for the response! I am looking forward to playing the game whenever it is updated or I get my iPad 5*,whichever comes first! ;)

*in April...or is it June? Maybe October. Or in time for the holidays...

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Haven't played this yet, but I saw that image of the ghost and I kinda wish it looked scarier. I'm sure it's far more effective when you're actually in the game with all the sound effects and whatnot, but still...

I'm also concerned about this type of game being a one-trick pony. I enjoyed Slenderman, but once you've experienced it there's really nothing more to it. I'd like to see someone flesh out the idea into a complete game with a story mode and different objectives.

I like the overall idea, horror games are in desperate need of a revival and this could well be the thing to help spearhead a new movement, but right now they're still more of a 15-minute deal than anything else. After you've had a go it's almost more fun just to watch someone else try it and freak out.

17. Angelflies4fun

Mar 12, 2013
    This game is incredibly creepy with headphones! they should add a flashlight though.

18. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I must admit this game is creepy but it needs more to it, and some parts of it are kinda unprofessional :/ when you get 20 bags it just says "WIN!"

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Fixed it. ;)

20. Angelflies4fun

Mar 12, 2013
    Thank you