Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Do tell how

Best I've done is 121 days. Where did you start, what order did you evolve things? Etc.

2. Mkesaber

Mkesaber Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Well first I believe I have an advantage on android due to modified genetic codes. Do u have those on IOS or waiting till Update1.4?

Starting place important but not the most critical to this challenge. China and Saudi are good. Tried few other countries and got fast too. Even The real trick here is when do u evolve the disease to kill.

unlimited DNA cheat plague obviously. Evolve all abilities and transmissions, for symptoms evolve only level 1 & 2, nothing lethal. Then start plague and let that baby spread, let any mutations occur.

At some point u want to evolve all other symptoms at once, go lethal. That's the tricky part, I got my 90 days record at roughly 50% world infection.

3. SirArsenaL

SirArsenaL Member

Oct 10, 2012
    I have just got the space program planned message, what do I do after that? Do I devolve the symptom's so the mission goes ahead and then add some lethality or.....?

Not 100% sure and don't want to risk not getting the message again.

4. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #824 Kayg0000, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    Planned = devolve
    Launched = evolve a little lethal and wait
    Failure = achievement

See posting at top of page 78 and some screenshots on page 80

5. SirArsenaL

SirArsenaL Member

Oct 10, 2012
    I took a leap of faith and did it exactly how it would happen in real life and got the achievement more or less straight after.

Now all I need is the eradicate the human race with the Neurax Worm, is that harder than it seems or is it me being dumb? Because I can enslave the world but obviously eradicate is killing so if anyone can help with that i'd be more than grateful.

6. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Modifying genetic code will make it a bit faster if you use the right genes! Luckily, it will be coming to iOS very soon!

Congrats - glad it worked for you - I do try to use some semblance of logical thinking when writing these things so good to see it being followed :)

7. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Worm food

Here is how i did it, infect the world without being discovered (patience, hide severity, and not too much infectivity). Then evolve lethal, play around to find the most lethal combinations that you like

8. Mkesaber

Oct 10, 2012
    Ndemic. The modified genes make a great addition to the game. Just started playing the iOS version and you really notice the difference they make. Most of all the auto bubble pop. It is actually quite cumbersome to have to manually pop them all the time. In fact I never play the game without it. Personally I think it should be a feature integrated into the game, that is to say the game always auto pops them for you. The game is already interactive enough and it's not like popping adds to the strategy. It's just monotonous and doesn't add to the game. If anything it could deter people of replaying the game over and over knowing they have to put up with it. Whats your Thinking on why its set to manual........

9. Mkesaber

Oct 10, 2012
    Used my worlds fastest destruction strategy on IOS version. 91 days on my second try!

10. IW_RIOT

IW_RIOT New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    If you want to get the Swine Flu combo, just start as a virus. Buy all the animal transmissions. Bird, livestock, rodent. Make sure you have the symptoms coughing, fever, vomiting, diarrhea. Your virus should mutate rapidly and eventually it will unlock somewhere in your game. Thats what hapened to me when I played.

11. JpAlers83

JpAlers83 Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Would there be any updates for iPhone 5? I would love to see the game in the new screen.,

12. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Insane

My new best 263 days, 10 days slower than last posted record, but beats my previous by 2 days

13. Reptile_16

Reptile_16 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Any strategy tweaks?

14. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Start with cysts, abscesses as per your posting then followed APG's posting on pages 81. Got lucky mutations.

The base strategy is known, the resultant number of days is equal to how much luck you get implementing it.

15. Reptile_16

Reptile_16 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I figured as much really, I've been experimenting with ways to better the world graph profile. Based upon a China start I've found it quite difficult to avoid a plateau just after infecting all of China....it would seem the only way round this is some timely mutations.

16. destruya

destruya Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
  17. corrm

corrm New Member

Oct 18, 2012
    #837 corrm, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    Bad or not?

There are "Riots in China over 'Mystery Plague'". They are going to try and research it, something tells me that this is bad, I have 21% of the world left to infect.
    My gut was right, do I need to change my strategy now? What are your suggestions. BTW Virus on I think Hardcore its called.

18. destruya

destruya Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    #838 destruya, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    The riots are a minor nuisance. So long as you never use any symptom other than coughing the research towards the cure will proceed glacially slow, and I've never had a country (even on Brutal) close their borders or airfields/seaports because of a riot event.

19. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Achievements

Riots in .... Is part of the peer pressure achievement. It is only a nuisance if you already have that achievement.

20. Arniebarnie

Arniebarnie New Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Indiana, USA
    Got all 29 acheivments!

re:Space infection
    thanks for the screenshots etc, you helped me get my last achievement, now to work on my android version and find out why I don't have Neurax worm even though I have beaten everything.