Dream Runner - a visually stunning, character driven runner with progression

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by we.R.play, Feb 12, 2012.

1. we.R.play

we.R.play Well-Known Member

May 30, 2011
    #1 we.R.play, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

update - RELEASE DATE 4th APRIL 2013
    we are super excited to announce that Dream Chaser (formerly Dream Runner) is all set to be on your iOS devices on the 4th of April 2013.

Check out Dream Chaser on the chillingo website.
    Check out the teaser for a bit-sized overview -

Some characters from the Dream Chaser Universe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE 05/15/12
    We-R-Play is proud to partner with Chillingo to publish our DreamRunner. More details about the game will be coming soon. Stay tuned

[​IMG]

One thing that sets Dream Runner apart is the fact that there is progression in the runner and a story that unfolds as you progress and complete objectives. There are different worlds to unlock and each world brings new obstacles, new visuals and adds nuances to the gameplay. There is something in here that will appeal to a wide range of gamers- whether they be fans of endless runners, appreciate great art and compelling stories or just like playing a solid all-round, fun game.

Update 02/17/12 : new gameplay footage from our current build

http://werplay.com/dreamchaser
    http://www.werplay.com
    http://facebook.com/we.r.play
    twitter @werplay

2. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Looks beautiful! I'm hooked with the graphics alone. Any gameplay footage available?
    Also, I like the idea of character progression here. Definitely looking forward to this.

3. we.R.play

May 30, 2011
    thanks jumpman475, glad you liked it.. here are some in-game screenshots!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We are also looking for people to beta test our game, so if you want you can sign up here and we will let you know when the beta is ready.

4. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Oh, wow!

This looks great.

I just hope that shop isn't intrusive.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I was on the edge of liking this, because those were just concept shots(right?), but those in-game screenshots sold me, can't wait :D

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Any Info about the overall Gameplay Length of the Game so far?

7. we.R.play

May 30, 2011
    thank you all for your kind replies. It's really encouraging!

The shop will NOT be intrusive at all - no blocks, nothing - you can play the entire game without ever needing anything from the shop. It will help you get to some pretty cool power ups sooner though - but we want to make sure the gameplay experience is great.

It will be an endless runner - so the game-time is practically infinite. But we wanted to add real progression to this genre - so you can unlock another world and progress the story after completing specific objectives in the first world.

There are power-ups, objectives, challenges and a whole lot more to keep the game play fresh.

The obstacles are generated progressively and there is a ramp up to the difficulty which also visually changes the environment as you keep playing. We will be posting some screens of the second world soon.

As always please don't forget to sign up for the BETA

8. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Those screens look great! Thanks for posting them. I don't have much time for beta testing, so I will hold off until it is ready for some press coverage. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the Beta Tester Alliance who would love to test though.

9. Looks amazing! I look forward to the release.

10. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    So I registered, how do I know if I'm in for the beta?

11. nicolasgb

nicolasgb Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Co-founder at HereWeGames : http://www.facebook.co
    Paris, France
    Looking good !

12. we.R.play

May 30, 2011
    thanks everyone for the replies- we will be posting more stuff soon.

As far as the BETA invites go - we want to get as many people as we can for it - so far it looks like we should be able to accomodate everyone. However, if we have a lot more signups than we need- we will probably go with a first-come first-serve basis. So please do sign up for the BETA as soon as you can.

13. we.R.play

May 30, 2011
    *UPDATE* more screens added in the first post! More Dream Runner Facebook Page likes or more replies to this post and we will be posting some gameplay footage as well.

We will post game play footage anyway but it would be nice to get some liking from the wonderful ta community! - its v-day anyway :)

14. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Looking forward to it!

15. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Soundtrack is magical :)

16. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I am so stoked about this game. I already signed me and my girlfriend up for the Beta, I hope we'll get to test it soon.

17. we.R.play

May 30, 2011
    thanks aldex! we should be sending out beta builds this friday :). And before that we're going to release some in-game test footage to give you guys an idea of what to expect.

thanks again everyone!

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #18 Exact-Psience, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    Sweet looking runner! Looking forward to playing this!

Signed up for the Beta!

19. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Yes! We can't wait, my girlfriend says she's even more stoked now for Friday!

20. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Alert: feel free to ignore me -_-'
    Correct grammar: 'my girlfriend and I'
    Signed up some time ago, but didn't know what I was getting into other than it's a beautiful and story driven runner with endless mode(?).

What unlockables are there? That shop button is tantalizing me to touch my monitor :D.

Just a minor quibble: the stylish font for the game title and buttons is beyond loveable. It would be nice to see all letters use the same font (Score and the in game objective look unexciting in comparison). Which font is it? If it's self developed, will you be releasing it for PC users? :p