Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-01-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRabbit View Post
Overlive was updated to 1.7 on all markets (iTunes/Android). I put the most requested features in this update:

+ NEW: Normal, Easy, and Free Roam modes, more days = less score

+ NEW: Reaching ANY ending unlocks feature to skip the early game

+ NEW: Weapon icons grey-out to indicate cooldown

+ NEW: Easter eggs

+ FIXED: Explosives more reliable

+ FIXED: Minor typos

Thanks for all your feedback
One bug on iPad version: the last one on both training and supply list are not visible, namely mending kit and motorcycle. It works fine on my iPhone but got this problem on iPad.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfish View Post
One bug on iPad version: the last one on both training and supply list are not visible, namely mending kit and motorcycle. It works fine on my iPhone but got this problem on iPad.
Nooo..

Was this on an old game from a previous version, that you used after updating? I've tested it on many ipads and it seems to be fine.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 PM

Is it possible to reach the highway survivors in time?
Old 02-06-2014, 05:55 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beertogo View Post
Is it possible to reach the highway survivors in time?
No, you won't have enough time. There's scripted events with finding them but I didn't like how they turned out, so I purposely put them out of reach. They're now there only for atmosphere/mood.

Other radio events can be changed based on your actions, however.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:29 PM

Arg! I find out about this gem too late! I wish I found it earlier so I can put my two bits in before you guys released the patch. I actually wish the game was more difficult. The high end weapons should do less damage, so that finding the two best weapons doesn't result in an easy win. Either that or put a much larger penalty to dying, like permanent -20 health and psyche drop. Something like "You managed to outrun the zeds despite grievous injuries and got home safely, but as you slumped over the bed, you feel more tired than you have ever felt before."

I would also have the capacity maximum be much lower as well (1/3 or even 1/4 of what is there now), so that you would really have to deal with running out of bullets and think twice every time you shoot.

Maybe put all of my suggestions into a "hard mode"?

Any chance we can get the sound track? I'll pay for it if it exists, and I think other would too. It makes very good concentration music, and fits the mood of the game perfectly.

Anyway, I would like to say thank you for the last week of enjoyment that I had! I have unlocked 3 endings, and I believe that I have stumble upon the best one by accident (nice job writing all the endings in a way that makes you want more, by the way). After all, (spoiler!) the entire dev team of this game got eaten by zombies, so obviously the game must be good!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen_lion View Post
Arg! I find out about this gem too late! I wish I found it earlier so I can put my two bits in before you guys released the patch. I actually wish the game was more difficult. The high end weapons should do less damage, so that finding the two best weapons doesn't result in an easy win. Either that or put a much larger penalty to dying, like permanent -20 health and psyche drop. Something like "You managed to outrun the zeds despite grievous injuries and got home safely, but as you slumped over the bed, you feel more tired than you have ever felt before."

I would also have the capacity maximum be much lower as well (1/3 or even 1/4 of what is there now), so that you would really have to deal with running out of bullets and think twice every time you shoot.

Maybe put all of my suggestions into a "hard mode"?

Any chance we can get the sound track? I'll pay for it if it exists, and I think other would too. It makes very good concentration music, and fits the mood of the game perfectly.

Anyway, I would like to say thank you for the last week of enjoyment that I had! I have unlocked 3 endings, and I believe that I have stumble upon the best one by accident (nice job writing all the endings in a way that makes you want more, by the way). After all, (spoiler!) the entire dev team of this game got eaten by zombies, so obviously the game must be good!
Thanks for the very kind words, citizen_lion; I'm glad you found the game

I had a lot of feedback about the difficulty so I patched in those easier difficulties. Never thought I'd need a hardcore mode!

Also congrats on finding the dev easter eggs, always wondered if people would find them.

Shoot me an email at chris.enders@firerabbit.com and I'll share all the music with you. I passed your kind words on to the musicians and they were happy to hear them.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRabbit View Post
Thanks for the very kind words, citizen_lion; I'm glad you found the game

Thank you for your kind offer as well. I have sent you an email.

Looking forward to Overlive 2, or some other CYOA/puzzle game that your team will create next.

By the way, I wonder if you have considered fantasy as a theme instead of post-apoc. I couldn't manage to convince the wife to play Overlive, since she was quite put off by, strangely, the New Hope ending. She says that it's too "social Darwinistic", which is quite true. It's the end of the world, after all. But I can see that it's difficult theme to appeal to a larger audience.

Anyway, keep up the good work!