Match 3 RPGs

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SamFury, Apr 1, 2010.

1. SamFury

SamFury Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Hey guys I was hoping for some suggestion on Puzzle Quest like games for the iTouch. I already have puzzle quest for my DS, so thats why I'm not getting it. Thanks for the help in advance!

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

There is none like this.

3. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    You can try Devil Invasion, it's pretty good.

4. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    u can try devil invasion - it's free today and is vaguely like puz qst.
    no harm done if u dont like it cos its free!!
    yay!:)

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    The Puzzle Quest for the DS differs from the touch version, especially now since they released a new chapter. 3 chapters on the touch.

Devil Invasion as has been mentioned.

And a slightly different twist - Kingdom of Gnestor. Matching colors gives you abilities in a Harry Hatsworth kind of way.

6. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Damn I didn't know Puzzle Quest Chapter 3 was out.

Any idea of the cost? I've been holding back on getting Puzzle Quest knowing that Chapter 3 was in limbo, and I didn't want to play an incomplete game.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

The cheapest way is to download the lite version and buy all three chapters in-game.
    Then you'll pay only 4.99$. It is highly recommended. The puzzle game I love most.

8. txag2005

Jan 24, 2010
    Man that just made my day.....I figured the update was vaporware at this point.

Quick question, if you buy the free version, start playing, then upgrade, will you get to keep your characters?

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #9 Vovin, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010

Tough question... I never had the lite and started directly with the full version.
    Maybe another forum member can help you out here.

But really, Chapter 3 added nearly the the same contend as Chapter 1 & 2 together. This game is huge and don't stops entertaining you.

10. txag2005

Jan 24, 2010
    So is the in app purchase for Puzzle Quest trust worthy? I've been burned before on this stuff, so I'm always hesitant.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

yes. worked fine with me.

btw. you need no wifi. all chapters are included in the new update from Match, 10th.
    You just buy in-app and the Chapters will be unlocked.
    But download the NEW lite first.

12. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Aurora Feint 2: Arena Demons is a MMORPG combined with match-3. It's damn good too, and this is coming from someone who generally doesn't like MMOs at all.

13. txag2005

Jan 24, 2010
    I got AF 2 when it was free for like 4 hours a couple months go, but for some reason i have no clue what is going on with it or really how to play. Is there a tutorial or anything?

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Well - you're right. Forgot that.
    And thats the game I love most dirctly after my favourite Puzzle Quest.

15. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    I'm not sure, but honestly, if you spend some time with it you'll figure it out. But basically this is how you play if I remember correctly:

-Match elements at the mine to get resources
    -Visit the blacksmith and complete challenges to raise your scoring efficiency by acquiring weapons
    -Visit the tower and complete puzzles to raise your scoring efficiency via multiplier spells.
    -Go to the arena to challenge other plays asynchronously (score a certain number of points in a given time). You can create a "ghost" that will play others asynchronously and earn you points if it wins.
    -Win matches to earn points to get more powerful demons that will allow you different special abilities in the arena matches.

16. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, PQ is in its own league, but Aurora Feint 2 definitely is a forgotten gem.

The only problem with it is that there are so many inactive accounts floating on their server.