Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-08-2014, 09:51 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_u View Post
Pretty unique one, will see if I can handle this one.
Hi Chaos_u,

Have you played JEZZA at all? It's great that you pointed out that it is unique - that was my number one objective.

Regards,
Jez - Indie Developer - GreenSofaGames
Old 06-08-2014, 09:58 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chickenegss View Post
its a simulator o arcade? looks very original
Thanks for your words! ... Or, is it a racer with a bit of strategy? Actually, it's all four of those categories rolled into one game. As the developer, I'm probably not doing myself any favours by making it have all these elements mixed in but I am satisfied that it's unique.

Regards,
Old 06-08-2014, 10:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post

YouTube: video
Hello PeteOzzy, everyone, I've written a new description of my JEZZA game which I will be using in the App Store for the soon-to-be-release free Lite version as well as any future updates to the full JEZZA game. Hope you don't mind me posting (cluttering) the new description here:...

JEZZA Lite is a unique vehicle physics racing game designed to deliver immediate fun, tension, beauty and satisfaction. This is a fully playable, unrestricted version of the more comprehensive JEZZA title that is already available.

JEZZA Lite will test your driving, timing, listening and anticipation skills. Look closely and you will see that every wheel on every car has realistically modelled suspension and tyre grip.

Using innovative, ultra-simple controls, it's a race against other increasingly aggressive road users, ever decreasing timescales and the police should you choose to smash those caravans off the road!

While racing around, you'll need to navigate through many sets of moving cones to stay in play - before the other road users take them out!

Listen out for approaching school buses and police cars and you may progress through an unlimited sequence of increasingly frantic stages across varied but beautiful terrains presented in a clean isometric perspective.

You can dip in and out of JEZZA Lite but you'll need at least 6 hours to get a very respectable score of 100,000 points. This can be achieved by reaching about stage 30 with each vehicle on all the areas. Much less if you take out more caravans as you go!

Main Features of the Lite version of JEZZA:
- 3 abstract driving areas and 6 varied drivable vehicles to unlock. (more in the full game)
- Realistic vehicle physics, rewarding sound and gorgeous isometric visuals.
- Simply touch to direct your vehicle with single handbrake and reverse button.
- Control speed by varying the distance between vehicle and where you touch.
- Unlimited progressively challenging stages that will really test a multitude of skills.
- Clean and immediate menu. Choose vehicle, touch area and GO!
- Game Center optional. No ads. No in-app purchases.
- Designed specifically for iPad. Minimum required: iPad 2 and iOS6.

Best Wishes,
Old 06-08-2014, 10:11 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Bought it this evening. I like a good racing game, and I love that it's a full game, with no IAPs. I'm looking forward to playing this one !

Good luck with sales.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:14 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
This game does take a little learning for sure. Gotta play it some more.
Hi Connector, yes while Jezza can be played for 10 minutes at a time, it will take about 12 hours to discover all the subtle gameplay elements. As you go through the stages, not only does the time allowed decrease and the cones spin faster etc., but the behaviour of the other road users changes - which significantly impacts the way you play. An example would be the 'crazy' drivers - they seldom appear in early stages but are quite frequent on later stages - and these mad drivers have very little consideration for other road users and will never actually brake for anything or anyone. Another example is the Harrier Jump Jets. When you have 3 or more of them screaming around, it can really through your vehicle - and others - about and if you are not facing in the best direction or are close to the police, it can get quite tense! Essentially, the game steadily evolves as you progress through the stages - and I don't think is apparent to players that don't go beyond stage 5 or so.

Best Wishes,
Old 06-08-2014, 10:23 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
Bought it this evening. I like a good racing game, and I love that it's a full game, with no IAPs. I'm looking forward to playing this one !

Good luck with sales.
Thanks quebecotr. I decided against IAP as I don't like the model really. Also, I turned Game Center OFF by default (you can quickly switch it on via the Options) as I got the feeling that many users don't like to use it. I aimed to provide an unobtrusive and unique gaming experience so much so that I decided against any in-game music and thought, well, the engine sounds are quite good and if the player wants music they could use their iPad Music rather than have to suffer a poorly chosen subjective collection of tracks by me. The sounds you do hear are piano chords and if you get your speed right going through the cones, you can make your own little tune! That is a future YouTube video that I'll have to do at some point I suspect!

Best Wishes,
Old 06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Oops! - I rated my own game on TouchArcade - I don't want to skew ratings (there are two including mine) so if any moderator would like to delete my rating that's fine with me.

Best Wishes,
Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

the gameplay from the lite version:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up