Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-30-2014, 06:22 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Glad I still have this on my device. It's been on there since it was released and I still haven't gotten to it. I guess nows a good time if any!
Old 10-30-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Glad I still have this on my device. It's been on there since it was released and I still haven't gotten to it. I guess nows a good time if any!
Haha same here. Great game.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Wow what a sad day. One of my favorite iOS games and one that survived on my iPhone even after the great purge of ios games I did earlier this week (just got the bug to clean out what's installed on my phone). Not only is 9th Dawn gone but the entire publisher, Made with Marmalade is also gone. I'd say the pub didn't renew their $100 license fee with Apple and went under. Or maybe the devs (Valorware) behind 9th Dawn decided they would self publish?

Whatever the case the website for valorware.com is just a template at the moment & the already greenlit steam version of 9th Dawn appears abandoned.

The only positive possible news is the template used on valorware.com has the dates of a few weeks ago as the post dates. So maybe they are working on making a come back.

Either way, this was one dev I was happy to throw my money at and one of the best experiences I had as an iOS gamer.
Made with Marmalade is just the tag line for Marmalade, an Xcode sdk. They're not a publisher, just a third party tool developer. It does look weird that valorware's site has a bunch of templated posts. I'm guessing they removed the game from the store because of compatibility issues. Hopefully 9th 2 will come out cuz unfortunately never got this game . It was on my list, but there were always so many other games... :/
Old 11-03-2014, 05:25 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Made with Marmalade is just the tag line for Marmalade, an Xcode sdk. They're not a publisher, just a third party tool developer. It does look weird that valorware's site has a bunch of templated posts. I'm guessing they removed the game from the store because of compatibility issues. Hopefully 9th 2 will come out cuz unfortunately never got this game . It was on my list, but there were always so many other games... :/
"Made with Marmalade" was the actual name of publisher for the game. Go google it. I know it's a dev tool but they opened a publishing division. The 9th Dawn devs (Valorware) made some deal with the Marmalade people for publishing under that division. I can't remember if "Made with Marmalade" published any other games... but they are no longer on the appstore in any form so I don't know without extensive searching

I wonder if anyone has tested this game with a later version of iOS? I may get my son to install it on his 5S. He's running ios8 so maybe I can find out and post about compatibility issues. Since I have backups of the game I can just install it that way if it doesn't show in the purchased history.

I don't know when the game vanished from the store, but it has been 2 years since it launched so maybe whatever deal was made for publishing ran out. Either way it would be 2 years since MwM appeared as a publisher as well... so that license could have been up and with no sales to cover the costs they opted to shut it down.

Whatever the case a quick look at the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Valorware

It appears that they are still working on porting the game to Steam and aren't dead... just very understaffed.