Plague Inc. [Help & Strategies]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Duss321, May 30, 2012.

1. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Plague Inc. Is a great game. But i'm having some problem killing everyone.
    I noticed i wasn't the only one having this problem. I manage to infect all countries and after a while the number of people infected is 0. But still after everyone infected is death it says the virus is eradicated.

Any tips and help are welkom. If you have any strategies post them here.
    Lets not talk about dificulties that need to be changed or adding iPad support.
    But lets just focus on strategies, help and tips.

Anyway, i usually start in germany creating an airborne bacteria. Last countries to infect are usually Canada, australia, new zealand and guinea.

2. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    I've beat them all on Brutal so I'll gladly help. Not sure if the difficulties are incorrect as I've never played Normal or Casual.

Anyways for Bacteria. I started in Greenland. It has no land entrance and only a ship port. Focus on building a water bacteria then air finally upgrading to complete the special upgrade for both. As you're doing this your plague sometimes mutates so de-evolve its symptoms as a diesease with symptoms gets noticed and one without goes undetected. Africa will be your last group of countries to fill just build up your transmitting thru blood contact and it should swarm thru there.

At this point it's just a waiting game you can build up cure resistance but it's not neccessary when you're killing super fast.

Anaemia, Haemophilia , Internal Haemorrhaging and Hemorrhagic Shock will kill fast enough. Adding Rash, Sweating , Skin Lesions is icing on the cake. Good Luck

3. Levi McD

Levi McD New Member

May 31, 2012
    Nano-virus help?

I can not beat this no matter how many times I try! Any strategy on how to beat it as a nano-virus? I'm suffering here!

4. Duss321

Jan 26, 2011
    I managed to beat the bacteria and virus. But i'm currently stuck on fungus.
    I cant seem to spread it across to other countries.

5. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Ok if you would like a strategy for something let me know a few things. I need to know your starting country. As I only have strategies based on the countries I used.

For Nano I Started in Japan which made it very challenging.

For Fungus I started in Indonesia.

Since location is important to how you start I need to know. Unless you just want the strategy I used.

6. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    the nano-virus is tough. i'm still trying to figure out a good system

7. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    If you havn't noticed you get Insomnia and Paranoia for free. In fact they give you 2 DNA for them.

8. Eniyx

Eniyx New Member

May 31, 2012
    Help with Fungus

If you wouldn't mind, I could do with some tips on the best way to complete the fungus level (and any subsequent ones if possible) as I'm finding it pretty tough. Just the ways you completed them would be great. Thanks :)

9. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    #9 nycmode75, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    I posted this earlier in another thread but here's what worked for me re: fungus

Okay - I tried this strategy and it worked like a charm. Granted, you will not likely get a great score due to the length of this strategy but at least you will be able to move ahead to the parasite strain.

I started in a cold climate area because often I found that when I start in a hot zone, even though the disease spreads quicker - it often has a hard time taking hold in places like Iceland, Greenland, Canada or Russia.

1. Begin in Iceland (given that it has an airport and also a harbor for ease of transmission).

2. I first started with focusing my energy on upgrading the airborne and water transmission stats to the max as soon as I could.

3. I followed by upping my drug resistance by one notch

4. I also followed by upping my disease's heat resistance by 2 notches, and my cold resistance by 1 notch. (note you can do the above steps in any particular order - the key being point 5)

5. ...which is - do NOT let your fungus evolve until every single person in the world is affected by the disease. This could take a long time (10 to 15 min?). If you want to get things moving a bit by unleashing a spore here or there, that's fine (just don't overdo it at the beginning).

6. Whatever you do, make sure the world does NOT notice the disease up to the point when everyone is infected (but not dying yet). All the while, keep saving enough points so you can eventually upgrade the symptoms to the worst possible situation immediately (organ failure is the best IMO). Also you should devolve your fungus accordingly to keep it as low profile as possible before everyone is infected.

7. Once everyone is infected and the disease is still unknown, unleash the disease. Quickly upgrade your disease symptoms to something incredibly lethal (again, my suggestion is organ failure). Immediately you'll see people dying in droves. At the same time, the cure might move quickly, but as you accumulate points through people dying, you can start using points to counteract the cure by upgrading drug resistance, etc.

8. Soon enough, you will see that the body count will pile up asap. More than likely the country that is spearheading the cure will lose its population so fast that the speed of the cure will greatly diminish and eventually you will win the game.

Note: I did not use anything close to all the spores available. The strategy above, while tedious, did allow me to infect so many people that once the fungus got lethal in a hurry, there was no way for the cure to catch up with the sky high death rate.

Not only did this strategy work with the Fungus, but it also worked with the Parasite as well. Granted this method will NOT get you a very high score due to the lengthy nature of the infection process, but it will get you a win if you play your cards right based on the idea I mentioned above

10. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    I'm sure there are other/better ways to do it, but just wanted to give you a step by step of what worked for me

11. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    For Fungal I started in Indonesia. I figured with its spore jumping ability it would be easy to jump into Greenland if it was last. That plan didn't work lol.

But I focused on building up Ship and Water Transport as it helps with Humid Climates as well. Then upgrade to Air/Plane/Arid climates for Middle East and US/North America trasmitting. Then I get 1 upgrade in blood for Africa at this point I wait for points to get both Drug Resistances. After I grab Cold Weather to try and get into Iceland/Greenland. Unfortunatly it's a waiting game from here for infection. Downgrade Symptoms to stay under the radar. Finish with Anamea ,Heamo Internal Hemor, Hemor Shock.

I have a Nano Strategy coming up as well just went and beat it again from Japan.

12. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Oh forgot to mention after 100% Infection remove all your points from transmitting and put them into slowing the cure. Then use the points from killing for genetic restructuring.

13. Duss321

Jan 26, 2011
    Finally im at the last one. I was just wondering, what kind of transmitting is most usefull?
    I usually spend most points in air water. But i also noticed if you both upgrade the bug and blood types you get a lvl3 transmitting. Not sure if there are others Or if there usefull enough to spend points on.

14. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Nano Virus Strategy

I started in Japan created a challenge for me and was fun.

Since they are already developing a cure for you you have to be fast and constant with transmitting. Start by infexting your first victim then grabbing the 1DNA go into your disease menu and grab Insomnia and Paranoia you'll gain 2 more DNA so grab Code Fragment 1. Here is where it get s tricky. The cure continues to generate at a very intense pace. So unlike most scenario's you want your virus to evolve so while it evolves you should be focus on building up genetic hardening as well. The good thing is you have cheaper genetic reshuffling. You also have Radical Elements which reduces the cure greatly. At the same time you should slow work towards spreading everywhere. I wish I could post the screencaps of how my disease looked at the end.

Once you've infected all countries expand towards necrosis. You'll need the dead bodies to help continue spreading in places like Greenland. There's a bit of trial and error with the strat as situations like Global Awarness day can speed up the cure faster than managable.

As I said in the other topic I created. Palringo Room under plagueinc so I can actually post order of my evolutions in screencaps for you all.

15. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Most cases Air/Water is fine you don't need the third air/water so put those points towards blood/livestock. Unless you've got excessive DNA I normally avoid animal spreading in most scenario's though in situations like Nano I focus on maximizing infection thru countiries especially hard to reach countries.

16. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Thx man! I was having a hard time beating fungus! Im trying to get all on brutal now, any tips for virus on brutal? I was trying a similar approach than the fungus one but im using almost all my dna to devolve of symptoms.

On normal dificculty I started with coughing and sneezing and I beat the level but barely, i doubt that strategy would work on brutal, any tips?

Thanks in advance!

17. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Never devolve as Virus. Just spread. Start in Saudi Arabia

Focus on getting Air 1/2 Then Water 1/2 Then Blood 1 and Drug Resitance 1. As soon as Saudi starts to research get Genetic Hardening 1. Then get Livestock 1. Follow with Cold 1/2 Drug Resitance 2. Genetic Hardening 2. Blood 2 Livestock 2. Get Genetic Reshuffle to keep cure low expand towards necrosis if it hasn't try and get Walking Dead with Anamea and Insomnia Then just sit back and watch people die. Also you'll generate a ton of DNA so if you can get Coma that will reduce your cure as well.

Just did a similar build to this about 10 minutes ago 37000+ score about 470 days to kill all.

18. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Don't expand on symptoms until after Greenland has been infected. Until then let your mutations dictacte your symptoms.

19. Levi McD

Levi McD New Member

May 31, 2012
    I don't know. I always change my starting country, but I've been using Brazil more recently.

20. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    #20 Zyzoxing, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    I've used Brazil a few times as well. I like it a lot but I'm growing to enjoy Saudi Arabia. It's very easy to spread from and gives you access to all types of scenarios. Decent sized population so very easy to spread quickly.

I've managed wins from USA,Japan,Brazil,Indonesia,India,Canada,Angola,Morocco,Greenland. Once you do 1/2 from a specific Type/Climate it becomes very simple to develop strategies.

Nano Virus probably provides the largest challenge due to having the cure always after you. Adding to the fact that I've only used Japan to spread from and Japan is hard to infect at start from being rich. I can say that it adds a whole new difficulty to the strategy needed.

I also always play at 2x speed. So I'm going to start playing at normal speed because sometimes getting 8 countries infected at the same time is just to many to tap on and I end up missing DNA.