iPad ChocoRun

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by syntheticvoid, Jun 16, 2011.

1. dunkelgeist

dunkelgeist Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I.T. Manager during day / Game developer at night
    Spain
    You are a true Choco-Fan!!! :') THANKS!!!

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    No, thank you! I still consider ChocoRun one of the best speedrun platformers on the App Store! Thanks for a great, polished, awesome game!! :D

3. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Any more news on the update?

4. dunkelgeist

Jun 16, 2011
    Spain
    We are helping to fix a bug on the engine we use, as soon as that is fixed, we'll send the update to Apple for release ;-)

5. dunkelgeist

Jun 16, 2011
    Spain
    I'm uploading the update right now! It will run smoother, weight under 40MB and multitasking ready, thanks to Corona SDK new updates and our own special code touch ;-)

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #346 Exact-Psience, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    Divine news is divine!

EDIT: I tried looking for ChocoRun on my ipod and forgot I had it deleted because it was one of the bigger files I had that time. Then I just forgot to put it on my iphone altogether. Im definitely picking this up again when the update goes live.

7. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    well...now, don't shoot words...what about CheeseMan?

8. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    I just found out about this game and it looks AWESOME!

9. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Will it run on 2nd gen iPods?

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #350 Exact-Psience, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    Ninjackid's playing it, and he has a 2G. :)

EDIT: Fixed ninjackid's name's spelling. LOL

11. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    His name in ninjackid, you turd!

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahahaha! I noticed... so I changed it. LOL. Not like everyone spells my name right the first time either... Noids. :D

13. dunkelgeist

Jun 16, 2011
    Spain
    As the engine evolves that could change, I think you'll still be able to play without any problem at all on 2nd gen devices, but I can't test it so feel free to download the Lite version first, if that runs well, the whole game will too :)

Lite version is also being updated (slightly smoother than before).

14. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Yeah. Just so you know I was joking earlier.

BTW, what does Exact-Pscience mean anyways? My name is the one that I use everywhere. GameCenter, my computers name, my Xbox Live profile, and all sorts of other user-names everywhere. My name started when my sister did that name for something, and it's one of those user-names that is always open and I always use it. I just used it for TouchArcade automatically! I have always thought that it sounded a little to much like 'steroids'. Oh well.

15. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Thanks, I will try the lite version, and I am pretty sure that I will get the full version.

16. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Beware everyone! Choco is evil! His little eyes will force you into some strange things! Like throw iPod's!

This truly is the BEST way to accidentally stay up until 1am! It's the auto-retry that does it. You keep thinking:
    "Just one more try, I got really close that time, I just need to make this jump properly.......DARN IT!!!!!" (Repeat 700x)
    But for all of the 'hard' that this game has, it really is a super fun and totally addicting game.

P.S. It might just be me, but it seems like the 'hitbox' is a little big.

17. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Is there GameCenter in this game? It has almost become a given in the iOS world to have game center with achievements.

18. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    #358 ninjackid, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    Well, CheeseMan was (is) good, but to me the controls are a bit clunky.

Here in ChocoRun, the one-touch control method works perfecty for me. :D

Edit: Oh, and thanks knoids, for correcting my name :p

Say, is the new update out yet?

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    See? You misspelled my name right away! :D

The name stuck when me and some friends were playing a futuristic pen and paper RPG where my cyborg was named PSIence which i came up with from the word SCIENCE and PSIONICS, replacing SCI with PSI and ended up with PSIENCE (pronounced the same way as Science). We were roleplaying a bit and my friends were calling me Psience... Even outside the game world. Even in school. And it stuck and even some people at work call me Psience although some think at first it was spelt science, or if my name was Cyrus (you know when people call you with only the first syllable of your name? well mine became Psi... Cyrus- LOL).

As for the Exact-Psience, I was making digital music for some local projects and when i uploaded my music, I found out Psience was taken. Some school org name or something... So I added "exact" before it. Choosing the word "exact" is another long story around looking for some way to add "X" to Psience. LOL.

My GC name is Psience, and pretty much every username i have that's open to the public. If it isnt available, i go with Exact Psience. I was gonna be Psience here in TA, but I never got the verification email and had to recreate an account, and it said Psience was taken. :(

20. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Since everyone's spoutin' out the origins of their usernames, I may as well state mine, since a lot of people are wondering what the heck ninjackid is supposed to mean. Well, back when I got my first email account (I was like 9 or 10, lol) I took the first initial of my name, (C) and then Kid and made Ckid my email username. I've been using it ever since and when I joined TA I just stuck Ninja in front of it and hence came NinjaCkid.

Anyway, ChocoRun is awesome :)