An Impossible Game 2 by Race to the Moon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mrWalrus, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    Hello all Touch Acaders,

The privileged few who sit on the cusp of all that is good in the world of iDevice gaming.

Since we're getting closer to release, I wanted to come in to announce that with all the radical changes we've been making to the original AIG we've decided it was best to simply make it AIG2 instead.

That said, we're going to do our best to make sure all those who've bought the first game get a very special thank you in the Sequel. We're going to be doing this via a special code in the game. So, if you've purchased the first game, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]. When the game is released we'll send you your code for what secrets we have in store.

Here's a couple images of the new look. I'll be posting more in the coming days/weeks.

[​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG]

Fear not, the walrus is making a return as well.

2. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
  3. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

4. mrWalrus

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    Yea! :)

I can't wait 'til you guys get to play this new version. It's running so much better in the new engine.

5. Foozelz

Is it the same Game Salad engine or something different?

6. mrWalrus

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    We're using cocos2d.

Gamesalad is a great tool, but isn't at the stage where it can be relied upon for professional grade products. I have no doubts it'll get there some day, however.

7. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Email sent, looking great so far.

8. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
  9. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
  10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm gonna miss the pixels, but... this is nice too. Can't complain.

11. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i haz the game alreadyy emailing naoh

12. Rolento

Rolento Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    We have some pretty cool stuff in store for everyone with this title so keep your eyes peeled :cool:

13. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
  14. mrWalrus

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    #14 mrWalrus, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    Ladies and Gentleman,

Rolento is the very talented artist on this project.. and the individual responsible for this guy. :)

[​IMG]

15. baldong

baldong Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    nice graphic, cant wait to see the game :)

16. Foozelz

Will the walrus have different clothes depending on the level? Like a warm winter jacket for a snow level?

17. Rolento

Rolento Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Well he does have a very thick layer of blubber he's living under, but sometimes besides being classy he likes staying warm :)

On that note, even though the game may be going through a stylistic change our friendly walrus likes to keep things simple *hint* *hint* ;)

18. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    So you're giving up on the other version then? IMO, didn't get too far on it. The engine wasn't that great, for that game at least.

19. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    This better be better than the last one which was laggy, boring and just inferior to 'The Impossible Game'. I knew the second I saw the walrus for animation could only move it's hand up and down it wouldn't be great...but there's always room to improve , right?

20. Rolento

Rolento Active Member

Jul 16, 2009

We are not giving up on the old one and partially through that choice we didn't want the new design to eliminate the original. We did realize that we needed a new engine for the game though for what we are doing now and this time brought in a programmer better suited for writing up some awesome code.

If anyone has input on things they'd like to see in-game, feel free to post your ideas. mrWalrus and I will be watching this thread regularly and try to respond accordingly :p

On a side project note Race to the Moon is also currently developing a FriendsWithYou avatar creation studio for the iPhone/iPod Touch with social connectivity but that's to be discussed at a later time ^_^