Universal Bike Mayhem Mountain Racing

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 4, 2014.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the quick response :) will check out the free version now..

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Physics are really good in this one. If your into these kinda games, it's WELL worth the buck!

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    This game actually takes some strategy to play. It's not just try and make it down the hill in one piece.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I turned my guy into a giraffe :D

Attached Files:

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

It`s actually pretty decent and as long as the Team at Best Free Games Inc. manage to improve the stability of the Game even more then it`s currently is I`m sure a all those that like a nice little Download Racing Game might actually give it a try and like it.

At the current point I would rate it with a 3/5 (because the Game sadly does run very unstable for me on my iPhone 5s/iPad Air) but if the Game get`s some more Updates and those actually improve the above mentioned stability issues I would update it to an 4/5.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Finally got the paid version and it's very nice to play without ads. This game really deserves some attention, it's really polished and fun

And I discovered cool: you can do tricks that only rotate the front while/handlebars (i.e. the barspin) while doing a wheelie

7. kimberlypollman

kimberlypollman New Member

Feb 11, 2014
    employee
    bahamas
    I would like this game. I've been playing this most of the day, the further in you get the better it gets. I'm very glad some others have jumped on board and are enjoying it.

8. Bronxsta

On the third mountain and I have to say, I think it's the best BMX/Downhill game I've played on IOS. The tricks add a nice element to the gameplay, the controls and physics are just spot-on, and the tracks require more than just pedalling forward. The progression is good too, definitely no need to buy any IAP, since you're rewarded regularly with new clothes and bike parts. I also like that the switching out parts really have a noticeable difference in how your bike rides and controls.

This game will probably be overlooked because of the name and the fact that it's a 2D bike game, but it's definitely the best 2D bike game I've played in a while.

9. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    This game is very frustrating on the 5s. The games transitions are very slow. Locked up quite a bit, and the controlls quite often become unresponsive. The peddle button and jump but just seem to stop working half way through a map.

I tried replaying the 4th level and I can no longer get passed the second jump. My rider just loses speed and the jump button stops working. As in, when I press and hold the jump button the rider doesn't even crouch down. Game was fun. Would be better with some updates to fix the bugs.

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    The not peddling thing, I think it's something to do with damage or maybe stamina, because if you don't have huge jumps and don't always pedal then it doesn't happen. Not 100% sure though.

11. BikeMayhemDev

BikeMayhemDev New Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Hi All,
    We are happy you guys like the game!
    We are still working on updates for it, including optimizations for all devices.
    There is just two of us working on it, please be patient :)

@Lunacy182
    Could the problem be that you have run out of energy(the top right bar)? Once it is depleted you can no longer hop or pedal with much power.
    Tip: Energy isn't used when you coast, pedal downhill or pedal doing a wheelie.

We appreciate your support and any comments or suggestions you may have. We are listening.

12. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Ahh that explains it. I wasn't aware of the energy bar. Thanks for the reply.

13. Bronxsta

Didn't even realize there was an energy/stamina mechanic. No wonder I couldn't hop

And thanks for making this great game

14. BikeMayhemDev

BikeMayhemDev New Member

Feb 13, 2014
    You are very welcome! It was fun to make :)
    Thanks for the feedback about the energy meter!

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This game is fantastic! I should have known if oooooomonkey recommends it to buy it immediately ;) my only minor problem is that I'd like to see a slightly better implementation of the leaderboards, but that's minor in comparison to the scope and depth of the gameplay. :D very happy to be a buck shorter!

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    :D thanks, I play pretty much any and all bike,skateboard games so I know the difference between a good one and a bad one. Glad you appreciate my input ;)

17. BikeMayhemDev

BikeMayhemDev New Member

Feb 13, 2014
    We agree with you about the leaderboards Rich. We have a bunch of planned updates for gameplay which will require improved leaderboard functionality.

18. Bronxsta

2 new mountains and more bikes in the latest update! And better iPhone 4 performance.

Still my favorite downhill game on IOS

19. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Happy to have stumbled upon this game, good stuff. Cant have enough downhill trial/racers...

edit: seems to be updated just recently as well!