noob question - how to tell if a game needs wifi?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mky, Jul 14, 2010.

1. mky

mky Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I play on a ipod touch, almost never have a wifi connection (so much so I keep it in flight mode!) I recently bought Godfinger which needs a wifi connection, but nowhere in the game description on itunes does it say that. How can I tell if a game needs wifi to run or not?

2. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    Read the description of a game and if there is something about MultiPlayer than it will need wifi.Not always MultiPlayer needs wifi but most of the time(there are also games that have bluetooth multiplayer.).

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Not really a noob question :cool:

noob qs are something on the lines of :
    how to I unlock my ipawd?
    how to redeem promocodes?
    what game should I get? (without any other info)
    how to create an itunes account?

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Or: Should I post my general question in the general discussion section or in the new release section. I still say only seniors should be allowed to create a post. Noobs never get it right.

5. mky

mky Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    lol.... ok an almost noob question!!!

6. Mlw209

Mlw209 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    GOD! Another thread OBVIOUSLY in the wrong section!! How does wi-fi have anything to do with Newest Game Releases?!?!?!?! Mky, do you have any sense at all? This is like the 3rd time this week I have seen this!

7. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    You can really telll noobies because they are the ones that are quick to reprimand a new comer posting in the wrong section.

I've seen tons of such threads made and its come to be expected and will always be part of TA.

Mky, think your questions been answered and I'd like to welcome you to TA.

8. Mlw209

Mlw209 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    Easy bud, I've been okay with this up until right now. It's breaching on ridiculous. And actually, what I said was the complete opposite of "noob-like". It's also a part of TA that you reprimand these such actions of complete ignorance. I feel a larger TA community agrees that these announces need to be dealt with, and less of the community favors your smart, omniscient comments.

9. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    How do you download apps if you never have wifi? Because iPod touches don't have 3G/E either.....

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #10 Coldar, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    Sounds like you'll be pretty busy then. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying the forum.

Btw, Whats the big compulsion to jump into a thread to scream at someone?

Ever thought to doing it nicely?

Edit: What is bothersome as a new comer posting in the wrong section is someone ranting over it........continuelly:rolleyes:.

11. KitKatBar

KitKatBar Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    @Blah

You can download apps on a computer and then sync with the ipod touch. I'm the same way, I rarely use wifi and I only download apps on my computer not my actual ipod.

12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You would have to download it through your computer's internet connection and sync it onto your device or go to a public wifi spot like McDonalds, Starbucks or a library if you don't have an internet connection. Hope that helps!

Edit: Sorry KitKit, I didn't see your post.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How about just not being a dick and using the report post function to get it moved instead. Y'know, something that actually helps the forum instead of starting a flame war.

14. Mlw209

Mlw209 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    Thanks for the advice. I guess frustration gets the best of all of us. I will keep my dick away next time.