Older "Must Have" Free Games?

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by chess, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Dorgi

Dorgi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Cool. Have you found any other apps that do this? Or did you hear about this one from someone else?

2. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    No beef at all with the recommendation...just not sure how it fits with forum rules and such. :)

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I tell you what, I'll email the dev when I get a chance. I wonder if support was dropped from the game, because, judging from the speed of the unlock, it doesn't even bother pinging a server. Doesn't ask for your itunes code, etc.

Just click-unlock.

4. 4evErXx

4evErXx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    played fantasy adventure and it was smooth, 3d and free, i guess it belongs to this thread

5. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    Ld50

some may not like it, but became FREE and stuck as free. still have it on my iPAD and play it time to time...

LD50

Version 1.2 is now available and includes local multiplayer mode! 2 players can now play against each other on the same …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Version 1.2 is now available and includes local multiplayer mode! 2 players can now play against each other on the same device.

Sale!!! To celebrate the release of version 1.2, LD50 is on sale for
    Details

Guide a mother and her child as they embark on a journey through magical architecture, discovering illusionary pathways and delightful puzzles as you learn the secrets of the Sacred Geometry.

Sequel to the Apple Game of the Year 2014, Monument Valley 2 presents a brand new adventure set in a beautiful and impossible world. Help Ro as she teaches her child about the mysteries of the valley exploring stunning environments and manipulating architecture to guide them on their way.

=====

A STANDALONE ADVENTURE A completely new story from the Monument Valley universe. You don’t need to have previously played Monument Valley to enjoy Monument Valley 2.

INDIVIDUALLY CRAFTED PUZZLES Enjoy beautiful levels filled with illusory, meditative puzzles, using brand new interactions to explore the changing dynamics between characters.

CONTEMPORARY VISUALS Artwork inspired by an eclectic mixture of architectural styles, artistic movements and personal influences, each translated into stunning geometric structures.

BEAUTIFUL AUDIO Immerse yourself in uniquely melodic interactive soundscapes, tailored perfectly to every step of Ro and her child’s journey.

=====

Monument Valley 2 is only compatible with devices running iOS 9 or later.

.99 USD!

LD50 is the premier 3D artillery game for the iPhone™ and iPod® touch. The lush landscape and your evil opponent are no match for your high-powered weaponry. 2 game modes allow you to play a quick match or to attempt to outpace your rival's deadly ambitions over unlimited rounds of play. Massive nukes and unique defensive weapons keep things interesting, while advanced weapons such as the guided missile use the built-in accelerometer for real-time control.

Features:
    - Intense, explosive battles versus the computer in 2 game modes: Quick Match mode pits you against your enemy with a random assortment of weapons. Campaign mode rewards you with the chance to earn new weapons in the upgrade store after every level.
    - Practice mode to refine your ability to take out your opponent.
    - 3 difficulty levels to keep you challenged as you improve.
    - 12 weapons in 8 classes: conventional missiles, nuclear missiles, guided missile, shield, earthquake affector unit, laser, jump jet and wormhole.
    - 3 advanced weapons (guided missile, earthquake affector unit, gamma fusion laser) use the built-in accelerometer for real-time input.
    - 3 defensive weapons can keep you out of harm's way.
    - Beautiful 3D graphics and user interface.
    - Synthetic terrain generation means no two games are ever alike.
    - Real-time deformation of terrain surface.
    - Perfect casual gaming experience with fast load times. You can resume right where you left off.
    - Extensive help system and tutorial introduce new players to game controls and weapon types.
    - Carefully crafted sound effects and original soundtrack round out the experience.
    - Explosions!!! Big Explosions!!!

Thanks to everyone at iBetaTest.com who helped test this game.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:Mar 07, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

https://itunes.apple.com/app/zombie-road-trip/id591192887D
    Don't know if Zombie Road Trip was recommended yet, but it's such a good game. On the surface it looks like another endless driving game a la Endless Road Trip but there are some features that make it addictive and superior IMO

1) You're being chased a zombie horde. If they catch up to you, your run is over. So the whole flip/land well to boost actually has purpose.

2) You tap the screen to shoot your selected weapon and kill zombies. This is the key difference and best feature. There is actually skill involved here. Sure you can just blast away. But for more points, what about doing a backflip than timing your shots perfect to get two midair headshots in the same jump? It's challenging and requires timing

3) The game has a nice cartoony art style, cool vehicles, and the different weapons have their own strengths

7. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Awesome game...like Extreme Road Trip with added elements of shooting and obstacles.

It's ad supported, but the adds aren't during gameplay and aren't very intrusive. The IAPs don't seem to be necessary.

Thanks for the recommendation. Adding to OP.

Zombie Road Trip

Noodlecake Studios Inc
    In Zombie Road Trip the rules are simple - escape the zombie horde or have your brain eaten. Are you up for the challeng…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    In Zombie Road Trip the rules are simple - escape the zombie horde or have your brain eaten. Are you up for the challenge? From the creators of the Tiki Totems saga comes a game that blends the boundaries of runner and racer trick games! Race against the unrelenting Zombie Horde across the great wastelands in the never-ending game of survival. Shoot the zombies ahead with your impressive arsenal of weapons and witness true ragdoll-packed gore galore! Perform tricks to get boost and drive as far as you can in the frantic game of make tricks or die a horrible death" Zombie road trip features : - 8 landscapes each with its own distinct look - fully randomised terrain (every play through will feel brand new) - dynamic zombie demolition engine (every collision will look awesome and new) - 10 exciting weapons to dispatch your foes - 76+ unique cars - 8 gadgets that will change the way you play the game - beautiful full retina universal graphics - buttons & tilt controls; you choose! - Facebook and Twitter integration. Share your victories with ease! - Distance Indicator to show your friends best Zombie Road Trip - coming from Spokko and Noodlecake.
    Information
    Seller:Noodlecake Studios Inc
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Jan 29, 2013
    Updated:Jan 02, 2019
    Version:3.24
    Size:96.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (14)

8. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
  9. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Added to OP. Awesome runner with some ad support but only in menus.

Into the Dead

PikPok
    Into the Dead throws you into the gruesome world of the zombie apocalypse where there are no second chances. Do what yo…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Into the Dead throws you into the gruesome world of the zombie apocalypse where there are no second chances. Do what you have to in order to stay alive, keep moving as fast as you can, and protect yourself by any means necessary. When the Dead are rising, run! FEATURES: • Intense gameplay with stunning visuals, featuring Metal support, and high-quality sound design depicting a grim zombie apocalypse • Unlock an arsenal of powerful weapons and perks to help you stay alive • Collect loyal canine companions to help keep the horde off your back • Mission Sets provide constant challenges to overcome • Challenge your friends to beat your high scores and compete on global leaderboards with Facebook and GameCenter support • Multiple control schemes with 3D touch support (requires compatible device) • Share your runs with friends using ReplayKit (requires iOS 9) • Share progress between devices using iCloud • Ongoing updates to deliver new modes, features, and content We love to hear from our players! On Twitter? Drop us a line @pikpokgames and join the conversation with #IntoTheDead Into the Dead is free to play but offers some game items for purchase with real money.
    Information
    Seller:PikPok
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Dec 06, 2012
    Updated:Nov 29, 2022
    Version:2.7
    Size:368.6 MB
    User Rating: (27)

10. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
  11. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    #331 ramon31, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Still doesnt work on the 1st iPad mini... Even after the update that came out today #

Um this was meant to post on the into the dead post but it got put here.... spooky!!

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Not sure if they're already added but:

Asterogue
    Madman Drop
    Zombie Kill of the Week
    Space Chicks
    Beat Leap
    Super Bit Bash
    I Am Box

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Except for Super Bit Bash (which was previously super bit dash, i believe) every other title here are still pretty new.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nvm... i just realized the first page has not-so-old titles listed, so yeah... carry on i guess.

15. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Like It

Good Job!

16. marclimkopi

marclimkopi Active Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Havent read through the entire thread, but just in case, here are my favourites!

Quadropus Rampage - a kind of roguelike game with great humour.

Blade Dash - Addictive endless runner. X mode for the win!

Darts Night - Best darts game I've played on the App Store.

Storm the Train - Endless runner/platformer

Flick Football - Title explains itself!

Fantasy Adventure - Touch And Drag RPG with great graphics.

2Fuse - Interested "speed puzzler?"

Sorry if I repeated any games, but I've had alot of fun with all of the above! Would love to know if you guys enjoyed them too!

17. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Bit confused here...

Are we listing older games that have been or are currently temporarily free, or FTP titles as well?

Not a huge deal, but I'm not sure highlighting FTP games matters?

DBC

18. Seems like the list on the first page includes freemiums, so guess add Thor and Asphalt 8 to the list, two games I played last night.