Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    What device you were playing on?

2. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Would someone mind verifying I have this right? Because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

If you flee in the middle of a battle, you get penalized resources. If you just lose and get a Game Over, you don't suffer a penalty.

Is there any reason not to just fight to the bitter end, then? I ran away from a side quest I was ill-prepared for early on in the game, and the penalty was an unexpected sting. Not doing that anymore.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    iPad 3 and iPhone 4S.
    Latest iOS on both.

4. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    How is the skirmish mode? AI any good?

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Just played this on my lunch for the first time on any device, never played it before and all I can say is wow.... :)

6. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Does anyone know if the devs are dealing with the issue of the game clock glitch? Like others on this forum my game clock suddenly said that I'd been playing 185 hours or so - and it's now on 172 hours for some reason. Not a major gripe but annoying all the same, especially as everything else about the game has been so good so far. I think it happened after one of the two game crashes I've experienced. I must have played for about 2 hours so far...

7. shadowhawkx

shadowhawkx Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    ok i dunno if its just me noobing out or the game is stuck but right after the battle tutorial the godric guy says quick the camp is under attack but nothing happens. i just stand there, i dont see a node to walk on to, if i tap anything godric just keeps repeating the same message!!! so frustrating :(:( please help

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Did you go back to camp or did you go to the gate?

9. shadowhawkx

shadowhawkx Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    im at the gate

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Go back to camp and click the area your standing at

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Swipe down.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    LOL. I was frustrated at that same part. I believe I got out of it by kind of swiping down at the bottom of the screen. I think that was pretty poor programming in that scene as they should have made he node to move to visible on the screen. I was like WTF until I got it to move down the path.

13. Mfox76

Mfox76 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    I was newbed as well on the swiping down took me about 15 minutes to figure out! Maybe it's my advanced age of 36 years of tral newbness but I am just not digging the game, too slow, to tedious to move units , to much dialog , all and all I am regretting te $5:-(

14. uaq

uaq Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I'm having a little trouble. I would really like to "level" up a bit to progress through the main story as I'm finding some of the fights difficult. Is this possible or is the game rather linear in that sense?

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    No random battles like that other game I mentioned had? I know there's a few fights here and there non story wise but would like to know as well

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I ended up tapping the upper left corner (near the pause button)

I waited before picking it up and was excited to hear all the great impressions... But there's a whole lot not being said about the port itself.

The game itself is 10/10. It's phenomenal.

The port is more like 6.5/10.

I was stuck at the same place you were until I went into a tapping frenzy and it let me keep going. After that, there is a part where the game shows a little popup that says you have a quest... And that's it! There's no direction on what you have to do to actually see that quest.

The port's UI is terrible, Menus are jarring, UI elements and text don't line up properly, there is a severe lack of user prompts as well.

Try saving a game and you are shown several profile slots. Tap one and if it's already used the game shows a prompt asking if you want to overwrite it. Tap yes and you return to the profile screen... With no indicator that the game actually did the save.

The port was made to be functional and to keep feature parity but it still mars a near perfect package.

17. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    In "caves" or "dungeons" or w/e you wanna call them, tehre are Random Battles (Well at least on the PS3 Version there were, haven't gotten to any on iOS yet)

You can also do the Bounties to get more exp.

oh and awp69, yeah that part was a bit poorly done, but everything could easily be fixed if the devs include in the "movement tutorial" at the start that swiping also makes you move...

What were they thinking saying that tapping is the way to move and then put you in a spot were you can't tap anything and swiping is the ONLY way to actually move form that spot ._.

On a side note: Why is this game so blurry ._. It's just as big if not bigger than the PS3 version, but everything seems all blurry... it's annoying

18. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #218 Cilo, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Are you talking about certain parts of the map background where the trees are blurred? If so, that's an artistic edit called tilt-shift to show depth of field, which was also on the PS3 version. Certain televisions might not be as sharp as the iPhone screen resolution so the effect wasn't as obvious. If you're referring to something else, which device are you on? I've been playing on the iphone 5 and everything from text, sprites, backgrounds, to effects have all been retina crisp.

Also I can understand some complaints about the save feature, but it's not a game breaker. I think some people are just nitpicking at this point. The save function works, you click save game, you choose your save file slot, it registers then sends you back to the menu when it's done saving. The whole process takes at most 2 seconds. If you haven't the patience for 2 seconds of loading, it might be irritating. That and people complaining about the loading being too fast that they can't read the tips in the loading screens, well that's a first. I've never in my life seen people complain about loading screens being too fast. :D

The only complaint I have personally is removing units - it's possible, and I've done it many times already on the iphone version, but it's not perfect.

I just save before every battle. Some side quests are currently a higher level, probably to promote you to go back and complete? It's happened to me a couple of times, but I saved before engaging the fight, noticed the enemy outleveled me by 3-4 levels, quit the game through the menu, and just restarted my save file from the main screen.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL yeah it was a wtf moment for me too but i tried and figured out right away that i had to swipe to move. Anyways my time is being eaten by Banana Kong right now. Damn gorilla.

20. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    You can be ambushed. I've only had it happen so far in caves and dungeons but you'll see a little shield pop up over your character and if you tap it in time you can cancel the ambush. I really like this system as opposed to the kind of random encounters you'd have in old RPGs like FF. After a while its just frustrating to try and explore an area just to be constantly interrupted and have to go through boring turn-based combat systems. This way you have a choice whether or not to participate and even if you can't hit the little shield in time (hard not to though) at least the battles are fun and rewarding and not tedious grinding like Final Fantasy.