Affordable Sound FX Sets

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Atomicon, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Atomicon

Atomicon Member

Hi all,

I haven't been around these forums in AGES, but I wanted to let folks here know that I've posted two sets of original sound effects you can download and use for games (or anything really). The two sets for now are "Buttons and Switches" and "Latches and Metal Boxes". They can be pretty useful for UI sounds or in-game actions. You can download them a la carte, or as a batch. I'll be releasing more sound effects sets in the coming weeks.

What other kinds of sound sets would be most useful for game devs? Maybe I can put something together that will fit the bill exactly.

Check them out HERE.

Thanks,
    David

2. RayChaseVO

RayChaseVO Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Professional Voice Actor
    Los Angeles
    Bookmarking this. I love the preview function that just goes through all the sounds in a row. I hate hate hate looking for SFX and having to click and open a new page for each PHONERING3352.mp3.

3. Atomicon

Atomicon Member

Glad you like the interface! It's by Vibedeck, they have an incredible and simple set of tools for distributing audio, the best I've found yet.

By the way, your VO work is very good. I'll ping you if I ever need VO done that I can't cover myself.

And you're website is awesome, too...

4. Atomicon

Atomicon Member

game music too!

Hey,

Just wanted to add that I also have a bunch of game loops that can be used for free! Check out the album "Atomicon Game Loops" on my music page, tweet to download them, and give me credit and a link in your game. That's it!

David

5. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Indie Developer
    Brighton, UK
    Very nice work! I might actually use one or two in our future apps... :cool:

6. Atomicon

Atomicon Member

Thanks!

Just let me know if you're using something.

7. Atomicon

Atomicon Member

New Sounds

Hey,

Just a quick update, I've added a couple new sets of royalty free sound effects to my site. Latest set is called "Pops & Knocks" - bubbles, corks, knocks, etc.

Sets 1-3 cover latches, boxes, switches, buttons, squeaks, and stretching sounds. Lots of good stuff for UI and games.

Only 10 bucks each set (30-40 sounds per set) for a royalty free license to use all the sounds in any game or production. More sets will be uploaded soon!

http://atomicon.net/soundfx.html