"Swift Revenge" Trailer Launch + Game Reveal (by indy dev, Spaceship Apps)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JohnnyCoghlan, Jul 4, 2013.

1. JohnnyCoghlan

JohnnyCoghlan Well-Known Member

#1 JohnnyCoghlan, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    If you like high-speed action-packed adventures plus smashing and exploding stuff in crazy fantasy environments, then Swift Revenge could be the game for you! It's launching on iOS this August!

Developed by a fantastic indy game studio called Spaceship Apps, Swift Revenge is a tilt-based vertical scroller with tons of weapons, upgrades, enemy types, special bosses, and non-stop action. It's easy to pick up but tough to master (speaking from personal experience :eek:).

Spaceship Apps will be launching a closed beta via the TouchArcade forums soon so keep an eye out!

Check out the trailer and images below and please spread the word to gamers globally!!! Swift Revenge will be published for Spaceship Apps by indy-exclusive label, Ayopa Games. Your support of this new game is genuinely appreciated and your comments and questions are welcome!

Cheers,
    Johnny Coghlan
    Ayopa Games

2. Demonocrat

Demonocrat Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
  3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Looks fun... Applied :D

A bit strange to see the ship comes from upper screen, usually the ship shoots from bottom part in vertical shooter game.. Could you tell me about the control? Tap, Tilt?

4. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
    Hi!
    Yeah, I know, everybody notices that =) We decided that to place the character on top of the screen will work better, since it's easier to keep an eye on HUD and prevents it from overshadowing while taping.

And yes, you guessed right it's tilt and tap (and sometimes slide) game =)

p.s. BTW i noticed you added iPad with your testflight account, i forgot to notice that game is only in iPhone 4/5 resolution atm, but you still can play it on a tablet though =) We will share it to you later today!

5. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    o, I think it's universal.. Hmm, don't you have a plan to make iPad version of this game?... sad :( I only have iPad at this moment...

6. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
    #6 Demonocrat, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    We really want to make the tablet version of the game, but right now we want to make "base" phone version as good as possible. But, yeah, universal app is what we would really like to do in the future if all goes well. =)

7. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    I'm afraid about how it'll looked on iPad screen, sometimes it looks blur with 2x zoom on iPad screen

8. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
    Well, I played it on my iPad 2 for nearly a month when I forgot to take my phone with me on a trip, and it was quite playable. Not as good looking as on iphone with 2x zoom, but still good enough =)

9. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
    Shared game to your account, hope you will like it =)

10. masa

masa Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Landscape Designer
    Bordeaux, France
    When i saw the first seconds of the video, the game remember me Chicken can't fly game. But Swift revenge has a different gameplay.
    It's a very interesting game.

11. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    Yes, I like the game so far, though it's not in high resolution... controls are smooth.. I enjoy the game n hope you'll make the game universal ;) ... I'll give more feedbacks later... Thanks

12. JohnnyCoghlan

Newcomers to this thread - free to apply to the beta test as soon as possible, we have only a few spots left but your contribution will be very valuable!

AppAdvice.com kindly said that Swift Revenge for iPhone could be "one of the best vertical scrollers in the App Store" which is very high praise from one of the leading app review sites! :)

13. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
    Just wanted to thank everyone for the awesome feedback we getting from the ongoing test of the game.
    You are the best guys!

14. JohnnyCoghlan

Thanks for the trailer support and game interest! We are still accepting beta test applications but time is genuinely running out! Apply now by just [thread=195291]posting on this thread[/thread] and get a FREE copy of the game before it even releases!

15. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I want to apply! :)

16. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
    We will be running the test until the end of the week, so if you thinking about jumping in - now is the best time to do it =)

17. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    I will apply if it isn't too late!

18. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
  19. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
  20. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
    Cool! We will share the game to you soon!