First .™ then ..™ then ...™ now DOT5URBO™

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by millsustwo, Feb 8, 2011.

1. millsustwo

millsustwo Active Member

Jan 27, 2011
    CHIEF WONKA™
    London
    Hey,

We made .™, ..™ and ...™ as our first foray onto iPhone casual gaming market. All the games were made in 48 hours, and were very simple but (we think) nicely graphical experiments...

we are soon to release DOT5URBO™ (the 5th installment - ....™ was cancelled)

Love to know what you think. We are no experts, just passionate about trying to make something graphical and awesome.

The iPhone version is already better. more bouncy and snappy.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/561724

2. millsustwo

millsustwo Active Member

Jan 27, 2011
    CHIEF WONKA™
    London
    awesome feedback. am i doing something wrong? apologize if i am not using this thread correct

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    put vids & pics HERE
    Don't get desperate as the world is not awake yet.

4. LadyNeddy

LadyNeddy Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I've played the pc version right now, very simple playing but addictive.
    Fill your thread with a video and/or images as most people expect to find here an exhaustive explanation of your game.

5. VortexGamesInc

VortexGamesInc Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    #5 VortexGamesInc, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    You can't just direct people to Newgrounds to play your game. That's just promoting your game on Newgrounds. You need to post video and images here to attract people to want to check it out on Newgrounds.

As for feedback for your game the flash game on Newgrounds is a good START, but I don't think it alone would make a great iPhone game. Even doodle jump has more variety in it than DOT5URBO. You need to probably update the graphics some, add in some variety, and make it a little more challenging. iPhone games should last anywhere from 3 minutes to 10 minutes. I could have continued playing DOT5URBO for another 15-20 minutes.

6. millsustwo

millsustwo Active Member

Jan 27, 2011
    CHIEF WONKA™
    London
    Thanks for the feedback, totally learning this forum thing, and those words make sense..

so in answer.. in terms of graphical style.. do you mean add more syrup later in the development of the game, so it develops more? so far we have colour change but I guess we might need more juice...

re the time, we imagine the best player will get about 2-3 mins at best.. it gets very very fast the longer you play.

How do i add pics on here???

7. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    got to 11000 without getting hit the first time i played....thats not good. game requires more. unless youre giving it up for free.

8. millsustwo

millsustwo Active Member

Jan 27, 2011
    CHIEF WONKA™
    London
    defs don't want people getting 11000 without trying, but this is the flash version which is a lot easier than the iOS.

The flash is a proof of concept (or not proof in this case!)

The app will be free. Suported with iAds with the ability to remove adverts if the player really objects to them.

The part where you say 'unless its free' interests me. DO you feel a free game doesn’t have to be as good as a paid? I'm thinking that if we release DOT5URBO™ and players say that’s its ok because it is free, we will have failed..

if the game is harder (which it will be for sure) and better with betetr everything, do you think it will be compelling enough as a niche but addictive quick play toilet game?

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Q Reply, Go advanced, you will have attachment options

10. millsustwo

millsustwo Active Member

Jan 27, 2011
    CHIEF WONKA™
    London
    ok, still doing this wrong, ill pay to be a power user so i can upload in here.. in the mean time i have made what I consider to be an intersting video of the development of DOT5URBO™ from the initial sketch to where we are today. the new flash version will go out tomorrow, based on all the feedback, and the iOS around April 1st.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xzDfnccwJI

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Embedded!

12. millsustwo

millsustwo Active Member

Jan 27, 2011
    CHIEF WONKA™
    London
  13. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    You'll find some useful information here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

About the game, I think the concept is nice. Its simple but it provides short action packed games. I also like the simple colorful geometric graphics.

I think it has some potential as a free game with ads. It could be interesting to collect information about the average number of sessions per player before they stop playing. It will help you tweak future updates, since the line can be hard to find about difficulty and variety in gameplay.

14. millsustwo

millsustwo Active Member

Jan 27, 2011
    CHIEF WONKA™
    London
    Thanks; we've used flurry so will watch with interest the stats: it is an ad supported game. Only really designed to play quickly while on the toilet.

15. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    Now that's very specific :p

16. Well...
    a) This should be moved to the released game section and
    b) Is anyone else experiencing crashes on almost every launch?

17. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Why and what happened to "...."?

18. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    The flash game is awesome. Downloading the iOS version now.

19. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Game is out. And it's brilliant. By far the best of this great series!!
    This should be in the top10 for a while. Perfect casual time waster with STYLE!

Congrats!!