Best iPod RPG?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by IDunc, Jan 31, 2010.

1. IDunc

IDunc Member

Dec 27, 2009
    What is the best available RPG on the iPod? One where you level up, actually fight instead of clicking things (like Pet Wars), and is just a good game.

Pleas help.

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I would say go with Inotia 2.

There is a control option to switch from tap to kill to d-pad. There are other great RPGs(zenonia/seed) but Inotia 2 offers way more diverse play with the awesome party system and online mode. It also has a TON of content and quests to back it all up. Very long game with fluid all around gameplay and the graphics are also top notch.

3. IDunc

IDunc Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Yes I am actually in the process of downloading it now. Just bought it, hope it's worth it.

4. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    A good recommendation. I would also add Ravensword. Not as in depth an RPG, but is one of the better 3D Type games. Also, if you liked the 3D Zelda games, you may try Crusade of Destiny. In my opinion it's an underrated gem.

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    *Waiting for the swarm of people to say Zenonia*

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    If your an rpg fan, Inotia 2 will make you a very happy camper. There is a ton of info on the main thread as well as threads throughout the discussion forum.

My current team is:

Main: Templar
    2nd: Preist(ess)
    3rd: Wizard

you'll find a lot to do with quests alone. There will be alot of equiptment customization and alchemy too.

There is a future update coming soon introducing a ranger class. That I can't wait for. :cool:

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks. I 2nd that choice in a major way. I didn't mention Ravensword for the same reasons you mentioned. It's more adventure(Zelda type) but with rpg elements. Ravensword is a very beautiful game. Pure gem that I really enjoy as well highly reccomend as well.

8. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Dungeon Hunter.
    Inotia 2.
    Ravensword.
    Zenonia.

9. sdragon

sdragon Active Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Vay and Sword & Poker.

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i have two i could say but they're both upcoming games.
    one is across age by FDG entertainment and the other is caligo chaser by com2us

otherwise, my favourite at the moment is seed

11. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I hated Inotia 2. Check out these instead.
    Dungeon hunter: You want an action rpg? This has some fun gameplay with a ton of loot and some if the best graphics on the platform.
    Ravensword: A more adventure-type experience but is a ton of fun.
    Wolfenstein RPG: An extremely fun game that has fallen off the radar.
    The Quest: A western-style non-linear rpg that is absolutely my favorite on the platform.

Hope that helps

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Yipe 5 - humorous, challenging, quest driven, just got ANOTHER huge update. Doesn't try to do more than it can or needs to.

13. newbatthis

newbatthis Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    When I first started playing it, I thought it was the greatest RPG on the platform ever. And then as I got further in, the game just seemed too repetitive. The monsters are rehashed versions just stronger. The touted Zelda-experience had one or two weak box pushing puzzles mixed in. Most of the dungeon is fully explorable from the get go. Side quests are basically all fetch quests.

It's a good game, just not as amazing as the hype led me to believe. Still, a little work can make it perfect. And so I sit here waiting for Zenonia 2 with crossed fingers. If the sequel doesn't address my issues, I'll probably get Inotia 2 instead.

14. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    ZENONIA!!!!

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE IT YET????!!!!!!!a

15. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Not as great as everyone says. Look at the post above yours for a few examples. Would add the incredibly annoying weight load system and the degradation of weapons meaning you need to overload your weight limit just to survive. Incredible amounts of grinding needed. It was "ok" when it first came out because there wasn't much else so one could suffer through it, but when other ones came along, bye bye zenonia. Heaps of people don't mind its flaws though so who knows. Hopefully Zenonia 2 fixes everything. Better yet, waiting for Across Age.

16. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    ZENONIA 2 AND ACROSS AGE YAY.

I IZ LYING IN WEIT!!!!!a

17. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    #17 New England Gamer, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    Is your cap button stuck? And why the sudden poor spelling?

Edit: oh wait you did the hidden white lower case letter trick to get the post to be accepted. Knock it off, we don't like yelling.

18. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Post has been deleted by the author.

19. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Typical Asian RPG hater, how valid do you think your opinion is if you just put "I hate Inotia 2"? :rolleyes:
    Here's a counter-argument to your case right here.
    I hate every single game other than Inotia 2 that you listed, guess that just voided your argument.

20. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Meh, I'd call myself a typical asian RPG hater too, still, I love Inotia 2. Its one of the best RPGs on this platform.