iPhone Trainz Simulator (by N3V Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by halljames, Dec 3, 2010.

1. halljames

halljames Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    UK
    #1 halljames, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2010
    iPad Screenshots:
    (click to enlarge)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trainz Simulator

N3V Games Pty Ltd
    Build and operate the railroad of your dreams in an incredible 3D world. Choose either easy or realistic driving modes, …
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Build and operate the railroad of your dreams in an incredible 3D world. Choose either easy or realistic driving modes, and take charge of your favorite trains from around the world. • #1 Ranked Overall iPad App in 20 countries including USA, UK and Australia • Top 5 Ranked Simulator iPad App in over 100 Countries With Trainz custom built input system to get the most out of the iPad’s touch functionality you’ll find driving Trains, laying tracks, creating layouts and completing scheduled tasks a breeze. Trainz Simulator is is packed full of content, routes and sessions and is a world first for iPad! Everything you need to build and operate your own dream railroad is included. You can build a fun layout in minutes, faithfully recreate a railroad from days gone by or develop a fully fledged prototypical route; the choice is yours. • Touch input makes driving Trains, laying tracks, creating layouts and completing scheduled tasks a breeze. • More Accessible! Take Trainz with you anytime, anywhere. • Drive Loads of Trains. • Operate a complete working rail line. • Build and customize your own living railroad using our advanced route creation tool called “Surveyor”. ************************************************************ Comments from Trainz iPad users: Trainz is now available on the iPad – OMG, what a great app to have with you on the road or stuck somewhere. - Jon Peddie ...allowing your fingers to directly select, move and manipulate objects and landscapes on the screen. The process is actually akin to artistry as you glide, slide and stretch the on-screen elements in an effort to create your own masterpiece. - James Woodcock it's amazing what you can do. I created this mountain layout entirely from scratch. I shaped every mountain, placed every tree, laid every track, and painted every texture. This is just scratching the surface of the library of objects you can choose from. None of it is cookie-cutter. It's all user-controlled. Heck, even if you aren't into trains, if you like creating cities or nature scenes or whatever, you can get totally engrossed in this app. - MacRumours.com Forum, redman 042 I was so surprised at the level of detail in this game. Very responsive, lots of options, great map creator and overall nice way to show what the iPad can do. - iTunes app store review, Sonicfidelity ---------------------------------------------------------- Improvements for Version: 1.2: ------------------------------ - Extra Content now has free and paid options - Navigational Waypoints that show in 3D world - Improved message pop-ups - numerous minor bug fixes Please ensure your iPad firmware and operating system are up to date. Trainz iPad Update Version: 1.1.1 ----------------------------------------- What's new in this version? - Streamlined touch input for even greater user control. - Improved lighting features. - Added new weather conditions, now you can drive through rain and snow! - New content menu, allowing you to upload your own routes and download ones by made by your friends! - New controls that allow users to set the time of day and weather conditions. iPad 2 additional features - Even more advanced lighting options. - New weather condition: Fog. - Weather conditions now react to other environment conditions. - Advanced water effects. -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Information
    Seller:N3V Games Pty Ltd
    Genre:Family, Simulation
    Release:Dec 04, 2010
    Updated:Oct 23, 2014
    Version:1.4
    Size:367.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. halljames

halljames Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    UK
    Thanks ImNoSuperMan for adding the extra bit. I fancied having a go at creating a release thread, but confess to not having a clue what I was doing :)

3. mattybfresh

mattybfresh Member

Jun 8, 2010
    iPhone Version?

Please, dear Lord/God/Jesus/Cthulu/Vishnu/Buddha/etc..., will there ever be an iPhone version of Trainz? I've been jonesing for a train sim ever since I got my Mac and now I can't even use this release because of my lack of pad.

On the other hand, graphics and play look fan-frickin-tastic...

4. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Wow, didn't know they were working on this! Will DL in a minute. Always loved MS Train Sim in my windows days... Sadly no rail sims available for OSX AFAIK.

5. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    oh my god. this is what was missing in appstore. please I need iPhone version

6. Mysfyt

Mysfyt Member

Sep 28, 2009
    So, what is this game like? I've never played a train sim, but I love sims in general, especially relaxing, sandboxy ones. Are there any kinds of goals or measures of progress? Anything to unlock?

I'd just like some idea of what playing the game (minus the route creation bit) is actually like, in terms of tasks and time involved.

Thanks!

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    It's a big $$$, and tempting to get it..
    anyone knows, if this one comes with missions ?
    or just riding up and down...

8. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Yeah there is missions as well as sandbox

9. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Yes there are some missions, picking up freight and passengers. Havent tried them myself though.

It's a fun train 'sim' but they definitely cut some corners. The frame rate isn't really smooth, textures look fuzzier then I prefer, and some things look copied from PC. I noticed a few references to 'left and right mouse button'. Also, it wants to connect to the net for tutorials... I really hate that. Especially since it quits the app to start safari.

With updates, i'm sure it will be very enjoyable for train fans. but casual gamers should pass on it.

10. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    ok, it's on my list for next week..
    want to catch up with some other ones this weekend..
    who knows... maybe it's on sale next week too... since it's happening a lot lately.

11. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    Any chance of a iPhone 4 release?

12. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    This app wouldn't be nearly as good on a puny screen like the iPhone 4. Some things are better left on the iPad where it belongs.

Loving the app. There are some quirks like I wish the frame rate and textures would be better, but the overall package is very nice and worth the money. Loving the map builder.

13. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    can you share maps ?

14. Trainz

Trainz New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Trainz Simulator for iPad!

Hey everyone, the Trainz series of games is widely known as the best Train Simulator ever released and to celebrate its 10th birthday we're released Trainz for the iPad!

Trainz Simulator

N3V Games Pty Ltd
    Build and operate the railroad of your dreams in an incredible 3D world. Choose either easy or realistic driving modes, …
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Build and operate the railroad of your dreams in an incredible 3D world. Choose either easy or realistic driving modes, and take charge of your favorite trains from around the world. • #1 Ranked Overall iPad App in 20 countries including USA, UK and Australia • Top 5 Ranked Simulator iPad App in over 100 Countries With Trainz custom built input system to get the most out of the iPad’s touch functionality you’ll find driving Trains, laying tracks, creating layouts and completing scheduled tasks a breeze. Trainz Simulator is is packed full of content, routes and sessions and is a world first for iPad! Everything you need to build and operate your own dream railroad is included. You can build a fun layout in minutes, faithfully recreate a railroad from days gone by or develop a fully fledged prototypical route; the choice is yours. • Touch input makes driving Trains, laying tracks, creating layouts and completing scheduled tasks a breeze. • More Accessible! Take Trainz with you anytime, anywhere. • Drive Loads of Trains. • Operate a complete working rail line. • Build and customize your own living railroad using our advanced route creation tool called “Surveyor”. ************************************************************ Comments from Trainz iPad users: Trainz is now available on the iPad – OMG, what a great app to have with you on the road or stuck somewhere. - Jon Peddie ...allowing your fingers to directly select, move and manipulate objects and landscapes on the screen. The process is actually akin to artistry as you glide, slide and stretch the on-screen elements in an effort to create your own masterpiece. - James Woodcock it's amazing what you can do. I created this mountain layout entirely from scratch. I shaped every mountain, placed every tree, laid every track, and painted every texture. This is just scratching the surface of the library of objects you can choose from. None of it is cookie-cutter. It's all user-controlled. Heck, even if you aren't into trains, if you like creating cities or nature scenes or whatever, you can get totally engrossed in this app. - MacRumours.com Forum, redman 042 I was so surprised at the level of detail in this game. Very responsive, lots of options, great map creator and overall nice way to show what the iPad can do. - iTunes app store review, Sonicfidelity ---------------------------------------------------------- Improvements for Version: 1.2: ------------------------------ - Extra Content now has free and paid options - Navigational Waypoints that show in 3D world - Improved message pop-ups - numerous minor bug fixes Please ensure your iPad firmware and operating system are up to date. Trainz iPad Update Version: 1.1.1 ----------------------------------------- What's new in this version? - Streamlined touch input for even greater user control. - Improved lighting features. - Added new weather conditions, now you can drive through rain and snow! - New content menu, allowing you to upload your own routes and download ones by made by your friends! - New controls that allow users to set the time of day and weather conditions. iPad 2 additional features - Even more advanced lighting options. - New weather condition: Fog. - Weather conditions now react to other environment conditions. - Advanced water effects. -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Information
    Seller:N3V Games Pty Ltd
    Genre:Family, Simulation
    Release:Dec 04, 2010
    Updated:Oct 23, 2014
    Version:1.4
    Size:367.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Game Trailer:

15. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Looks good. I had this game on my PC.

16. Trainz

Trainz New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    We are currently working on this feature, will be in soon.

17. polsen

polsen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Trainz Simulator iPad - Route Creation Tutorial

For all of you creating your own routes I recommend you check out the Route Creation Tutorial for Trainz Simulator iPad as it gives you a lot of information to get you on your way. http://www.trainzmobile.com

18. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Kinda reading mixed reviews.. It's still on my list, hoping for a christmas sale

19. mattybfresh

mattybfresh Member

Jun 8, 2010
    re: iPhone Support

I don't think the small "girth" of the iPhone precludes it from running Trainz or a Trainz-like port. Just think about how X-Plane plays on the iPhone - simplified and minimalist controls with a limited "world selection." In the case of a rail sim, one could set-up the touch interface to an 8-notch throttle, independent and automatic brakes plus bell, horns, etc.. To save space and to minimize frustration, one could also remove features such as the world editor, etc..