Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-24-2014, 03:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Okay gave this a go and I gotta say, it might be one of my favorite single player shooters on iOS. Not a complex game but is very solid and seems a tad rpg-ish with weapon stats and criticals (reminds me of Tom Clancy's new game the division actually!). It's not a run and gun shooter but a cover, intense firefight shooter, which I don't mind. It'll keep the game from getting more memory heavy (lags a bit on my ipt5).

The campaign seems like a pretty good decent length (no story really) at 12 areas. However at around 220~ish MB it's very good. Best part is I don't need to be online, I'm really surprised and happy that I'm tempted to email Glu to thank them. So many online games these days once they add PVP. Money is gotten at a pretty decent rate as well. It feels pretty solid. The squadie element is fun but seems to not impact gameplay too much. Maybe when you level it up it'll get better.

Now to the bad stuff. Almost everything in the shop is gold based (real cash). You can buy the first set of weapons for in-game money which comes at a decent pace but maybe it's decent because almost everything requires gold. Even support like grenades cost gold sadly. I do wish there were attachments you could buy to change weapons but I don't see that here. I don't play PVP so no comment there.

All-in-all, big recommendation from me. Just remember it's not a traditional shooter, but because of that it plays even better. No control fumbling. Just some dashing and gunning. Btw the characters look pretty darn awesome.
Surprising to get a recommendation.

As for the mostly-gold-only items, that is common in Glu games that are still on soft-launch (unless this is out worldwide already in which case they usually add a lot more items to purchase).
Old 02-24-2014, 05:36 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Surprising to get a recommendation.

As for the mostly-gold-only items, that is common in Glu games that are still on soft-launch (unless this is out worldwide already in which case they usually add a lot more items to purchase).
Haha yeah I really really like it actually. It's my favorite iOS cover shooter (gallery type shooter - not exploration). Makes Overkill look like a baby brother

Have you tried it? I'm curious to know what you think. Aside from the new graphics update that has been getting the game to lag half the time (and made it look uglier on my ipt5), it's very solid for me. I wish it had a worldwide release so I could hear other reviewers or maybe I'm just crazy for liking it. This is the first Glu game that might have a permanent spot on my device!

And yeah you were definitely right about the gold. After the new "final version" update, over half the gold items were purchasable normally. It was really nice to see.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 PM

Hey guys so is episode 8 the end game? Have a question what's the rank for in pvp?

I hope frontline commando 2 can make live pvp or sth or give us more energy for pvp
Old 03-04-2014, 08:15 AM

Worldwide release date is this Thursday as confirmed on their official twitter page.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I remember playing the very first Frontline Commando when I first got my iPod Touch...didn't like it...are the in-apps in this any better (should I even ask?)
Old 03-05-2014, 05:21 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-05-2014, 06:50 AM

This is available now in USA
Old 03-05-2014, 07:03 AM

Played a little, there's an energy system for pvp. 3 bars and each take 20 min to refill or use gold.

You can replay campaign missions as much as you like no energy system.

Last edited by batmania15; 03-05-2014 at 10:10 AM..
Old 03-05-2014, 10:54 AM

Shit I'm bout to download now
Old 03-05-2014, 11:04 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Rlly pretty sweet. Am enjoying.