I'm mad a game similar to Rocket League exists

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RustPuppet, Feb 15, 2018.

1. RustPuppet

RustPuppet Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I'm mad a game similar to Rocket League exists

You mean you spent a lot of time copying Rocket League.

Shameless plagiarism, and a poor attempt too.

2. Destruction Crew

Aug 8, 2016
    Thanks for your feedback. We're interested to hear all opinions of the game.
    We believe the game offers a unique approach to the car soccer genre and we've seen limited availability of such games on iOS/Android.

Thanks again for your open feedback!

3. RustPuppet

RustPuppet Member

Jun 6, 2011
    #3 RustPuppet, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    A "unique approach" would be drawing inspiration from Rocket League and creating your own game. Yours is as close a clone as you could've made it without an instant legal battle.

Car soccer is also not a "genre". While other vehicle sports games exist, trying to pretend like there's so many of these games that they're a "genre" you can be "inspired" by is ludicrous. You copied Rocket League, the end. I played Demolition Derby for countless hours and I don't see anything vaguely resembling that game here.

Finally, the lack of availability of Rocket League on mobile doesn't entitle you to copy someone else's work to fill that gap. I don't see Mario Kart on iOS just yet but that doesn't mean it's an opportunity for me to steal. Don't act like you're doing the gaming community a favour.

4. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Dude calm down - Top Gear did car football a long time before rocket league made a game out of it, everythings a copy/inspiration of "something"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIeu7_-iwdw

Rocket league is not available on iOS, this is - we should be thankful that there are developers willing to take a popular idea and try and make a game that works on our gaming platform of choice

5. Fruityth1ng

Fruityth1ng Active Member

Jan 18, 2013
    #5 Fruityth1ng, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Wait, we should be *thankful* they plagiarize a full on concept? Wow. That's a bleak world you live in. I, for one, am not thankful. This clone is wrong on so many levels.

EDIT: Oh wait! I didn't even see it's a free to play title yet. Enjoy your soccer-car-race to the bottom.

6. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012

Jesus you are a lawyer or something? :rolleyes:

7. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    It is annoying. but games copy games, look at Gameloft and all the games they copied. And how many soccer clones are there? I incidentally play a game on the PC - which might have inspired Rocket League - a soccer game with planes.(Altitude) That in turn was inspired by infantry online's gravball.

Also first person shooters all copy each other. It's a successful multiplayer format.

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Just for anyone who wants to know what game they're talking about. I believe it is Rocket Soccer Derby by destruction crew. I'm about to give it a go.

Another one to look out for is Turbo League.

I say welcome to them if the apparent concept/game owners are not willing to bring it to iOS, good on those that do.