Machines at War 3 RTS - like Command & Conquer, Supreme Commander, Total Annihilation

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Rasterman, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    Isotope 244 is proud to release a new strategy game for iOS — Machines at War 3 — available now! Machines at War 3 is the sequel to a RTS that was chosen by Apple as Game of the Week.

FREE PROMO CODES - REPLY TO THIS THREAD TO ENTER THE PROMO CODE DRAWING

BONUS ENTRY* If you post a message in the main released game thread those count as well, so you will have double the chance of winning! Please note messages that just say "I hope I win" or "promo code please" will not count, please put a comment about the game, what you like about the screenshots, or what game feature you like the best. I'm trying to get some discussion going :)

[​IMG]

Machines at War 3 delivers all of the features of desktop and console real time strategy games into the palm of your hand. Boasting an unrivaled 130 different types of units and technologies to build. A full single-player campaign is included along with Game Center multiplayer and random map skirmishes. Machines at War 3 reminds many gamers of Command and Conquer and Supreme Commander.

Using modern game play elements mixed with retro graphics, Machines at War 3 lets you battle and outsmart enemy forces as a military commander. You’re joined by a fiery officer named Samantha Vice, who helps you maneuver through 21 intriguing campaign missions. Your objective: Uncover why your country’s secret research team — the Omicron Initiative — has disappeared.

Machines at War 3 is already available for Windows and Mac and received positive reviews noting its numerous types of units, variety of winning strategies, and ease of play.

"The number of units that can be created is staggering"- Armchair General

"An ultra-solid strategy game full of interesting features, large maps, and a wide array of game play situations." - Gamers Critic

Features:
    - Build over 130 types of units and technologies
    - Rescue the Omicron Initiative in 21 missions
    - Play unlimited random map skirmishes
    - Conquer four friends in online multiplayer combat

Release Date: October 2nd 2013
    Platforms: iPhone 3GS or later, iPad 1 or later, iPod Touch
    Price: $6.99
    Languages: English, German, Chinese, Japanese, French, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Looks great, i'm in :)

3. nerdherd

nerdherd Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    #3 nerdherd, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    Finger crossed
    I am in
    As a new released game,it seems good to play

4. shawy

shawy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I love RTS game
    Would love to try it out

5. waderain

waderain Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    yuma, az
    From the screen shots it has the look of LASW, liking the the bigger mini map. Campaign and multiplayer looks very interesting.

6. Bartow

Bartow Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Left comment days ago in main thread
    Thanks foe the chance:D

7. Dalei

Dalei Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    it reminds me games in my childhood.
    Like Red Alert
    Hope to get a code

8. visitor

visitor Member

Apr 6, 2013
    My current balance it low,can not buy this game now.Hope it could on sale
    This seems really nice screenshots
    Thanks for the chance!

9. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    #9 Magnum0ik, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    Loved command and conquer and was gutted when it stopped working with the more modern windows etc.

The graphics here look top notch for an ios game and the medium I.e. Ipad is an excellent place for a game of this type. I have been hoping for another C&C game, other than the previously released Red Alert on IOS - this looks to be it.

If any codes are up for grabs, I hope to qualify.

10. jipiyilu

jipiyilu Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    So far my favorite RTS game on IOS is Autumn Dynasty, but Machines at war 3 looks so promising to be the new king, the only thing keeps me on the fence is the units grouping system, gonna watch some videos or hopefully I'll grab a promo code before I hit the buy button.

11. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I'm more of a TBS gamer than RTS but this game certainly has me intrigued. Looks great.
    I usually find RTS too intense and quick tapping of resources but the theme an graphics are making me consider a RTS game again...

12. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    *** BONUS ENTRY *** If you post a message in the main released game thread in addition to this thread you will have double the chance of winning! Please note messages that just say "I hope I win" or "promo code please" will not count, please put a comment about the game, what you like about the screenshots, or what game feature you like the best. I'm trying to get some discussion going :)

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    There has been so much good feedback for this game. Please enter me in the drawing.

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Just saw the awesome trailer and some of the screenshots. The game definitely has a cinematic, over-the-top vibe reminiscent of a Michael Bay movie. This is a welcomed quality given that we, as players, prefer a level of escapism and engagement with the games we play. The trailer boasts high end graphics and animation that highlight a great attention to detail that can must be a labor of love. The randomly generated maps, beautifully rendered landscapes and out-of-this-world tech make for an RTS that could revive my interest in a genre that, in my opinion, needs a much-needed shot in the arm. Machines at War 3 could be the answer!

I haven't trolled the main thread yet, but I did notice that the game is a universal build. While this game looks like it must be played on an iPad, I'm curious how gameplay is on a much smaller screen, such as the iPhone 5. Also, given the universal build, does the game sync with iCloud giving us the ability to switch devices and play with all the progress captured and saved?

(Note: As requested, I will post most of this post on the main thread, too.)

15. killerkat68

killerkat68 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    This game looks like a really great rts. I've been playing a lot of different ones and this one looks pretty awesome.

16. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Kind of mirroring my initial thoughts on MaW3 to officially throw my hat into the ring...

I haven't really "gotten into" the whole RTS thing before now, but this game looks like it could be the one that sells me on the genre...

Really curious about the randomized maps, I tend to enjoy games that utilize structured "missions," and having 130+ unit-types to play around with is most definitely intriguing.

Further, the actual TYPES of technologies available look very cool, and finally, the game looks to have a VERY well done UI.

DBC

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Fingers crossed!

18. FrankiePard

FrankiePard Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    This brings back memories of total annihilation which I played alot on the pc.
    My fingers are itching already to give this a run!
    Thanks for doing this contest!

19. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Well count me in!!!

20. gosenbach

gosenbach Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer (mechanical/electrical/software)
    This looks real good. I am a bit concerned though.. nearly every RTS i have played on the tablet just did not work out well. I am really hoping that this one does though. I am hoping to be able to pick it up around Christmas :) The trailer looks good for sure. :)

Cheers!
    Greg