AC: Bloodlines on iPhone/iPod touch possible?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by drixz, Jan 11, 2010.

1. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    I've been thinking of this for quite awhile...

After finishing AC: Bloodlines on the PSP despite the dreaded camera controls I can't help but imagining it getting ported to the iDevices. Yes iDevices may not have physical buttons and such, however camera controls on the PSP can be solved easily via tap and drag on the iDevices.

I reckon some of the physical buttons can be mapped to multi-touch gesture inputs, coupled with some on screen virtual buttons of course.

Graphical capability wise I think the latest generation of iDevices may be able to handle it pretty well... thoughts?

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Here's one thought...after 100 some posts you should know which forum to post in.

3. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

oh lord....

let's castrate the guy for posting in the wrong spot...

4. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    besides the controls.. is Bloodlines any good? :p

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Lmao exactly what I was thinking.

6. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Well, considering the entire PSP game weighs in at only 530 MB it surely could be ported to the iPhone however the controls would have to be revamped.
    Remember, Myst for the iPhone weighs in at 533 MB.
    Completely doable however it would be up to the license holder to do so.

7. Radogol

Radogol Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Whaa? What does size have to do with anything?

8. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sorry for the wrong thread section as I thought I was on the game discussion section =/

So would you guys think it's a good idea to bring this game to the iDevices?

9. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Besides the somewhat plain surroundings, poor AI and camera controls, it's quite like a dumbed down portable experience of the original AC from the consoles.

Not too shabby, but not too good either.

10. theaustrianoak

theaustrianoak Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    they won't port it over due to the small amount of return they would get on the iphone. it sells for >$40 for DS and psp, while no games on the app store cost more then 9.99

11. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    It could work.

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I think it's possible, and might happen when the game gets a bit old, somewhat like with Altair's Chronicles. When the game got somewhat old, they brought it back and made it better and sold it to a new crowd at a cheaper price. So when it gets old, they'll probably dumb it down a bit graphically so that more devices can handle it, and sell it at 10 bucks.

13. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    No one wants a 5GB DVD-sized game on their iPhone/iPod because it would take up too much space leaving too little room for music/video.

If you'd check your spam folder a little more often you'd see that yes, Virginia, size does matter.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    There's no Bloodlines for the DS as far as I know. The new AC game for the the DS (selling for $30 or so) is pretty much identical to the one being released for the iPlatform.

15. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    its amazing

16. Radogol

Radogol Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Okay, but the fact that Bloodlines is 600MB has no bearing whatsoever on the possibility of it being ported.

17. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Actually, if you'll take the time to research - and read - it's closer to 530MB.
    And size has EVERYTHING to do with it.
    What if the game you wanted was 2GB in size, think it would ever be ported over to play EXACTLY like the 2GB version?
    Nope.

18. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Actually if you rip out the useless dummy files and languages besides English while retaining the content and cutscenes, you can get the game down to 200MB. And I think it would be sweet to get the same game on my iPod although the graphics probably wouldn't look as great IMO.

19. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I'm just going to ask, what is AC:Bloodlines?

20. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Hmmm.....that sounds good to me. Ripping out video scenes would cut it down a bit. Removing language files? Hmmm....straight text would be no problem. They would have to rip out any voices to get it cut down.

And don't be too quick to discount the power of the graphics chips in the newer 3GS and IPT3 models. Sure, a game like this made just for those models would cause an uproar in the beginning but I foresee some newer games coming out just for them.