Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-02-2014, 09:35 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Definitely worth your dollar. I also had a pre-release version, and I love it! The fact that it is still on my phone is huge (I'm a compulsive deleter)
Old 07-03-2014, 10:41 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
He also released Cargo King, which is so simple yet strangely addicting, at least for now.
Yep. A friend of mine hange into it for a couple of hours when he first saw it =)
Old 07-06-2014, 07:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

What I wrote on the upcoming thread. I also nominated Orbitum for GoTW and it will get my vote as well. Love it.

I'm really loving Orbitum. It does remind me of Super Hexagon with the twitchy quality and spiral like theme, but jumping from the center orbital ring to the outer rings is unique for sure. The snarky/funny computer game voice overs are pretty good and also remind me of "Game Over/Begin/Line/Square" from SH giving the game a nice retro arcade flavor. Maybe make a few more voice overs that are even funnier and maybe a little snarkier? As for gameplay, I like the level progression and the ramp up seems generous- not too easy and not too difficult which should appeal to a bigger audience. Also really liked the power ups in the game. Maybe make the different power ups distinguishable from each other to add a sense of urgency while playing? Obtaining the green score orbs can be tricky, but there is also a nice rhythm if you can fall into it for awhile. I dig level 3 for it's inventiveness. It's hard to see where the outer rings kick in, but you do get a sense and can figure it out with other clues. I liked level 4 and it's craziness too. I have only made it to level 5 twice and freaked out both times and forgot what I was doing as I just started staring at everything and then got sucked into the vortex! I also dig the music and it really adds to the gameplay, especially noticeable when level 2 kicks in. Overall, this is a great twitchy minimal arcade game that could be a big hit. I hope it finds a lot of love when it is released next week. Good luck and thanks again for the code.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:15 AM

Gameplay

Old 07-08-2014, 07:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

GoTW poll is live! Vote Orbitum!!
Old 07-08-2014, 07:55 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
GoTW poll is live! Vote Orbitum!!
Done

Oh ya I forgot to mention I wish it would also keep track of the time you survived. I think it's weird that I could get to level 4 but have a higher score if I died on level 2. To me anytime you beat some kind of record it feels great and having the voice say something sassy when that happens with time would make the game even better.

Last edited by coolpepper43; 07-08-2014 at 08:05 AM..
Old 07-08-2014, 06:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This game is so awesome all! The graphics are superb!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:21 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty6868 View Post
This game is so awesome all! The graphics are superb!
Thanks for voting in the GoTW poll! Let's put some heat on that Monster...unite, give them some concern!

Edit: I'm not that good, but I did beat my highscore today, so there's that.
Edit 2: Current Score- Orbitum= 6 :::: Monsters= 12

Last edited by paulkane; 07-09-2014 at 08:57 AM..
Old 07-17-2014, 07:14 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

I'm sorry I missed this when it first came out but Bronx was on the ball as usual and recommended that I check it out. I've been playing Orbitum today and can safely say that it is an excellent entry into the very difficult "twitch" genre that has become popular on the App Store.

Has anyone made it pass the "reverse" level? Damned thing kills every time.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
I'm sorry I missed this when it first came out but Bronx was on the ball as usual and recommended that I check it out. I've been playing Orbitum today and can safely say that it is an excellent entry into the very difficult "twitch" genre that has become popular on the App Store.

Has anyone made it pass the "reverse" level? Damned thing kills every time.
Thanks, Andy, and others

To my best I've passed up to the level 17th which is past several hard reverse and freeze levels.