Universal Extreme Gear: Demolition Arena (by Zero Games Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine .
    #161 Pehel, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Next update will be release far sooner than expected ! :)

Here's some screenshots from two new arenas (The City and Speedway)

City has a zombies invasion appearing after few moments. Crushing them will help you to win more bonus points. In Speedway arena, cars are racing just beside you and you can help them to crash into others ... or send your opponents on the tracks to finish them !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also added Brazilian/Portuguese localization (as Brazil is n°2 country in the game) and fixed few bugs.

We will also make a last minor update in January to improve the City arena in order to let players destroy more sceneries.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hot damn this is awesome!!!! I can't wait!!!

Billy

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Pehel,

I have the new update and I don't understand. I have absolutely no way to unlock the new levels. You put character level restrictions on the new map levels. It will take me forever to get to the character levels the new map levels require. Why didn't you just allow us to buy them?

I really wanted to play the zombies and the new maps. Now I can't.

I don't understand why it was decided to do this?!?!?!?

Billy

4. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Hi Billy,
    This update needs some adjustments and that's why we are preparing a new one soon.

Lot of players are now lvl 80+, and we were losing them so making arenas to keep them on the game was mandatory, but we are thinking about something to let players buy the new arenas if they want :)

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Yea I'm only level 30. I'd buy the new levels just so I can play them. I was really hoping to run down some zombies and I expected to pay for the new arenas and had money set aside. I was really disappointed.

I'm glad you will be fixing the situation and look forward to the update. You know I love you guys.

Billy

6. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    We had to release this update earlier than expected (we first planned to release it for January) because some +60/+80 lvl players were complaining of the lack of challenge at these levels.

So we released it knowing that a lot of things weren't as good as planned, but we'll keep our January update planned to fix everything that must be improved :)

And we'll also release a "special" update with a weird surprise in it ...

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Ugh, I dunno what happened but the update reset all my progress. All my previously unlocked levels are now locked again, my car upgrades have reset, my achievement progress has reset. My customized car remains and my profile is still there and logs me in when I fire it up, but everything else acts like this is the first time I've ever played. It also starts me out in the tutorial again. My golden gear thingys are gone, but strangely my credits remain.

I don't know if I have it in me to grind and unlock everything all over again :(

I'm on an iPhone 7 Plus latest version of iOS, if that helps.

8. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    #168 Pehel, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    I will look at this now.
    This is strange, we had the same on 1.2, but we fixed it for 1.3. Dunno we it's back on 1.4.
    Don't hesitate to contact [email protected] and send informations about your device, so my mates will fix it as soon as possible and restore your account.

9. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    If anyone have the same problem, don't hesitate to report it. We haven't had any people reporting the same bug as the one Boardump encountered, and we need to know why this happened.

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Pehel,

Can you please update the game so I can ply the new maps before January? I really have to wait until January? I was just reading your response.

Billy

11. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator

Hi Billy,

Sorry but it will be impossible. This update is a "bonus" update that was not initially planned. The content of this update should have been released in January with the other improvements but we thought some player should have been happy to have the new game modes and new arenas far earlier than expected.

12. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Hi all.

It's been a long time I haven't updated this thread :)

I made public the game's postmortem (link available on the facebook page of Zero Games Studios - I don't know if I can send a link here ...-). Maybe it could help some developers and some fans to better understand the game.

News is that a publisher had acquired rights on the game few weeks ago.
    So that's why updates that were initially planned hadn't been released : we're working on new ones !
    Be prepared to see new updates with improvements of the game in the future. Extreme Gear's not dead at all :)

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    That's good. I was upset. I really love this game.

Billy