Universal Tap 'n' Slash by Invictus

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Invictus_Games, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    #1 Invictus_Games, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Hi Folks,

Let us introduce our latest dungeon crawling game called Tap 'n' Slash!

dungeon_man_splash_1024x768px.png

Rush through dangerous dungeons and avoid the deadly traps. Destroy the horde of orcs and goblins, smash the undead army and purge hundreds of demons.
    Dash with your favorite character while killing the monsters, picking up the loot to upgrade the XP level of your hero.

tapnslash_1024x768_01.png tapnslash_1024x768_06.jpg

tapnslash_1024x768_07.jpg tapnslash_1024x768_08.jpg

This ultimate pixel art RPG game brings you solid and pure dungeon crawling experience.

You have to do nothing more just...

Tap 'n' Slash!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will give away promo keys to the beta version so that you can have an early look at Tap 'n' Slash.

2. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Promo Keys

Promo keys anyone?
    Send us a PM and we'll be happy to give you some keys.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sent a PM. This looks good. Couldnt watch the video though, something's wrong with my internet access.

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks great, sent a PM.

5. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Looks interesting..

6. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    This is addictive and a cool take on the dungeon crawler formula. Not come across a single problem so far other than the slow load in time while it connects to game centre.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Mine actually crashes on GC load. When i put the device on airplane mode, there was a 3 second screen freeze on GC load then i was able to play.

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Sweet! Sort of twitchy looking.

9. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    imp to the beta...

An interesting take that kinda blend dungeon crawl with endless runner and puzzle game element altogether. You will try to move your character across the blocks by tapping left or right to move your hero thru the randomly generated dungeon picking up chest and killing mobs for exp to level up your hero. Your weapon does have some kind of durability so you have to beware of it running out by also picking up weapons or else you will die if you attempt to pass an enemy with broken weapon. It kinda have puzzle element as you are moving block by block where you have obstacle to avoid stuff to pick up and avoid or kill mob depending on situation. End of each room will have a simple boss where you will have to make sure your weapon is not broken then kill it go into a bonus chest room picking up more chest then further move into another randomly generated room. As you progress the room gets more difficult where beside picking up killing and avoiding stuff you are also fighting against some kind of timer where the room will slowly collapse. If you didn't move fast enough you get trap and die. Overall it's an interesting and refreshing experience. :)

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    OK, now that Ive had a chance to play, I like it. Its challenging, you die a lot, and the .99 for 200 gems PLUS remove ads is a bargain. I would buy that. I get better the more I play.
    The only problems Ive had is the lag loading and the occasional crash. Other than that, I definitely like the game.

11. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I wish I could figure out a way to successfully subscribe to this thread, but at least I can find it. Fantastic game. I like the grid risk vs reward, tactical, setup of moving. The later added challenge of the level falling off to oblivion right behind you really does make for some tense play sessions.

IAP's are set up well, and stating up-front that it removes adds will save you guys (and gals if applicable) major headaches of whining why that isn't in there, or the constant no ending to questions about ad removal #

The level system gives this game some awesome replayability. I'm really looking forward to getting Canon the Barbarian up a few more levels to see if I can unlock some of the other characters. Right now, that seems a hardcore goal but I'm level 7 (and I'm sure that's pretty low in the grand scheme of things). By the way, the character names are awesome! :)

The only thing I wished is that the cost to buy attack points wasn't so harsh. The bell curve seems pretty fast, and I think by level 4 it's like 45 to continue. Then again, in the long run this will probably be a cheap investment for a long run. Great game!