• Publisher: Mangobile
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 37.9 MB
  • Version: 2.0.8
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Kingturn RPG Plus is an addictive turn-based fantasy strategy RPG with a depth rarely found on mobile devices.

Kingturn RPG Plus is based on the same game concept and technology as Kingturn RPG, but offers an entirely different story, different scenarios, a few new character classes like Ranger, Amazon, and Champion, new sound tracks, as well as new weapons and armor.

The game combines outpost conquering with tactical combat and a complex unit skill system.
Embedded in a compelling medieval fantasy story with quirky characters, the player can delve into this old school tactics RPG for many hours.

Kingturn RPG Plus is a shareware game where the first 8 scenarios are free to play and the remaining 59 scenarios can be unlocked via a one-time in-app purchase.

Story
---------
The Kingdom of Andaria is at peace since many years thanks to the moderate and thoughtful rule of King Constantin. Even peasants start participating in the country's growing prosperity as a result of the 'King's Verdict'; - a royal law that grants a small share of wealth to the common folks, too.

The story starts with the mysterious murder of King Constantin resulting in a full-scale civil war raging all over the formerly peaceful country of Andaria.
While noble families accuse each other of being responsible for the King's assassination, the fight over the succession to the crown and throne begins ...

Tutorial
-----------
If you are new to our SRPG series, you might want to watch the video tutorial first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RRpli7agW4E

Kingturn Trilogy Overview
---------------------------------
Chapter 1 - The rise of King Constantin (Kingturn Underworld RPG)
Chapter 2 - The rule of King Constantin (Kingturn RPG)
Chapter 3 - The fall of King Constantin (Kingturn RPG Plus)

All titles have an independent story line and can be played in an arbitrary order.

Category
--------------
Offline Strategy RPG

Game play
---------------
- Many hours of addictive and challenging game play in 67 scenarios

- 34 character classes like Knight, Ranger, Amazon, Champion, Archer, Mage, Paladin, Assassin, Warrior, Wolf Rider, Priest, Witch, Necromancer, Vampire, Skeleton, Vampire Bat ...

- 62 character skills like 'Heal', 'Stealth Strike', 'Lightning Bolt', 'War Cry', 'Inferno', 'Whirlwind', 'Summon', 'Beast Shot', 'Encourage', 'Firestorm', 'Spin Attack', 'Arrow Hail', ...

- More than 700 items (weapons, armor, amulets, rings)

- Battle drops, treasure chests, and scenario rewards

- Conquer outposts and face a challenging enemy AI (Artificial Intelligence)

- Level up an army which is carried over from scenario to scenario

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 34.3 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements :

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Kingturn RPG Plus is an addictive turn-based fantasy strategy RPG with a depth rarely found on mobile devices.

Kingturn RPG Plus is based on the same game concept and technology as Kingturn RPG, but offers an entirely different story, different scenarios, a few new character classes like Ranger, Amazon, and Champion, new sound tracks, as well as new weapons and armor.

The game combines outpost conquering with tactical combat and a complex unit skill system.
Embedded in a compelling medieval fantasy story with quirky characters, the player can delve into this old school tactics RPG for many hours.

Kingturn RPG Plus is a shareware game where the first 8 scenarios are free to play and the remaining 59 scenarios can be unlocked via a one-time in-app purchase.

Story
---------
The Kingdom of Andaria is at peace since many years thanks to the moderate and thoughtful rule of King Constantin. Even peasants start participating in the country's growing prosperity as a result of the 'King's Verdict'; - a royal law that grants a small share of wealth to the common folks, too.

The story starts with the mysterious murder of King Constantin resulting in a full-scale civil war raging all over the formerly peaceful country of Andaria.
While noble families accuse each other of being responsible for the King's assassination, the fight over the succession to the crown and throne begins ...

Tutorial
-----------
If you are new to our SRPG series, you might want to watch the video tutorial first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RRpli7agW4E

Kingturn Trilogy Overview
---------------------------------
Chapter 1 - The rise of King Constantin (Kingturn Underworld RPG)
Chapter 2 - The rule of King Constantin (Kingturn RPG)
Chapter 3 - The fall of King Constantin (Kingturn RPG Plus)

All titles have an independent story line and can be played in an arbitrary order.

Category
--------------
Offline Strategy RPG

Game play
---------------
- Many hours of addictive and challenging game play in 67 scenarios

- 34 character classes like Knight, Ranger, Amazon, Champion, Archer, Mage, Paladin, Assassin, Warrior, Wolf Rider, Priest, Witch, Necromancer, Vampire, Skeleton, Vampire Bat ...

- 62 character skills like 'Heal', 'Stealth Strike', 'Lightning Bolt', 'War Cry', 'Inferno', 'Whirlwind', 'Summon', 'Beast Shot', 'Encourage', 'Firestorm', 'Spin Attack', 'Arrow Hail', ...

- More than 700 items (weapons, armor, amulets, rings)

- Battle drops, treasure chests, and scenario rewards

- Conquer outposts and face a challenging enemy AI (Artificial Intelligence)

- Level up an army which is carried over from scenario to scenario
iPhone Screenshots

06-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
For what it's worth, the game mechanics of our next title will be more main stream:
- Defeated units cannot be used again within the same scenario
- Preset number of enemies per scenario, e.g.20 for small scenes.
- Spawn chance removed. Enemies will always spawn to the possible maximum (e.g.6) until the last one was defeated
I trust Mangobile knows what they are doing but am skeptical about the removal of friendly spawning and limiting enemy spawns to a preset number. I consider those components some of the best part of the Kingturn series. I'm sure it will turn out great but right now on paper with limited information it sounds uncertain.
07-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Hey, if you haven't picked up Kingturn RPG Plus there's no reason to wait... great game.

I found a very minor oddity with Scene 6 so thought I'd share for the amusement of it.

- Victory conditions specify defeat if "your entire army was defeated;" however, I recall being defeated when Iradeus alone died. This might be my faulty memory (?).

- The reward information claims "new companion(s)" will join on victory. If you fail to achieve victory (maybe specifically by Iradeus being defeated) then Iradeus joins your party regardless.

- On subsequent play-throughs, once he has joined the team, Iradeus can die without defeat and just respawn. Iradeus respawn might defeat some of the importance of protecting him implied in the mission objective but does make the level easier.

I couldn't tell if this was intentional but it seemed like an anomaly, but it's unlikely anyone will compalin.

Last edited by undeadcow; 07-02-2013 at 04:12 PM.
07-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
The reward information claims "new companion(s)" will join on victory. If you fail to achieve victory (maybe specifically by Iradeus being defeated) then Iradeus joins your party regardless.
Interesting. We will thoroughly test scenario 6 again.
According to the scenario script, the mage Lazarus should in fact only join the player's group, if the scenario was won (either by moving the assassin Iradeus to the target position or by defeating all enemies).

Reading your message again, this might be just a name confusion, though:
The mage Lazarus is supposed to join the team after the assassin Iradeus has liberated him.
07-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I trust Mangobile knows what they are doing but am skeptical about the removal of friendly spawning and limiting enemy spawns to a preset number. I consider those components some of the best part of the Kingturn series. I'm sure it will turn out great but right now on paper with limited information it sounds uncertain.
I fully understand your concern. And if we simply applied these changes to Kingturn with its current battle, scenario and class design, I also doubt this would work out very well.
Just for the record and to avoid a misunderstanding: In all likelihood there will be still friendly spawning in the Kingturn successor, similar like it is in Kingturn right now with the 'Perma Knockout' option switched on.

Our goals for the Kingturn successor are twofold:
- A new and fresh game experience compared to the Kingturn series
- Taking the strategy aspect of Kingturn to the next level, where player decisions are of more consequence for the outcome of a battle: A too defensive strategy should result in being overrun by the enemy. A too aggressive strategy should result in too heavy losses to be able to achieve the scenario goals.

I will open a new touchArcade thread soon and elaborate the changes more detailed. We will also invite a few (selected) players to try out the new game mechanics at an early stage of the development process.
So player feedback will have an impact on the initial game release already.