Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-26-2014, 09:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Yeah i always wondered who were the people who buy these ridiculously high IAP's, just crazy. Thats one major reason why devs keep adding IAP's like this because of these 'people'.
No joke, it's crazy. You'd have to be out of your mind to even get behind IAP, let alone to that degree.

I'd imagine that the inclusion of IAP like that has payed off for a few developers but most are just releasing me-too shovelware and hoping to get lucky. It's not just iOS either, free-to-play MMO's commonly have a $100 buy-in or lifetime member option. I can't imagine why anyone would want to drop that kind of cash on STO and it's one of the better games.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Spent several hundred on several different MMOs.. Not sure if I've done 99 in one purchase though, I'd only buy such a high amount if it was a huge discount or bonus coins.
No longer play MMOs, barely play regular iOS games either. Probably spend more time on TA than I do gaming these days.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:54 AM

I'm sure some of the thought process of having $99 IAP's is hoping a child, while playing on a device that is not password protected, hits 'buy'.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Deuce View Post
Haha! I can do the math.

I only buy unlocks, never consumables.
Uh, (whispering) consumables are okay as long as they're edibles!
Old 03-06-2014, 02:29 AM
iPad mini 2

I did it on Galaxy Factions. Simply because I have spent weeks in the game and really enjoy it. Up to that point, I never thought I would do something like that.

Considering I generally hate IAPs, I can't really say that this means much. But I don't regret my purchase, as I have gotten so much game time out of this game for free.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:27 AM
In Time-Out
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

You can get $120 IAP's, wonder which fool buys them.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
I did it on Galaxy Factions. Simply because I have spent weeks in the game and really enjoy it. Up to that point, I never thought I would do something like that.

Considering I generally hate IAPs, I can't really say that this means much. But I don't regret my purchase, as I have gotten so much game time out of this game for free.
You spent $99 on a single IAP ? Really ? I mean fair play for being honest but it still sounds crazy.

On games where i have spent a lot of time i do buy an IAP or two as a way of 'thanks' , eg like Bullet Time. But i would never spend $99 on a single IAP as then that would just encourage that crazy use of IAP. I wouldnt spend $99 on some PC/console game, let alone just an IAP for a mobile game. Seems crazy

Last edited by psj3809; 03-06-2014 at 06:17 AM..
Old 03-06-2014, 05:52 AM
In Time-Out
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post

I personally think you got majorly ripped off. The dev is probably lol'ing, I know I would
Old 03-09-2014, 06:25 AM

I did two 50$ ones and a few 5 and 10$ in clash of clans. Maybe around 150 in total.

Could have waited out the timers back then but i was impatient.

Still playing it, well over 1.5 years but havent "gemmed" in a couple month.

Then i have probably spend ten times the money on pc and console games last year and probably havent even starter 3/4 of them.. alot of shrink wrap is watching me from the shelfs
Old 03-09-2014, 08:10 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Myself. 1 and a half years ago I got one in the Simpsons tapped out (don't judge) I still haven't spent it all.