About the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by seinfeld95, Jul 24, 2014.

1. seinfeld95

seinfeld95 Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I've been waiting for quite some time for this controller to be released, but so far I've seen articles stating that it was going to be released in April, then June, and now nobody seems to know anything about a date.

I've even checked the Mad Catz website, and I've found no relevant information regarding a release date.

What's going on?

2. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Ive been waiting as well. But Im thinking if I break down and buy another one, it will be released the very next day. Sort of like washing your car while waiting for rain.

3. seinfeld95

seinfeld95 Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Yeah, I get what you mean, even if I haven't yet purchased any iOS controllers. I really like this one (Mad Catz) thanks to the fact that it's built almost identically to an Xbox 360 controller. The attachable iPhone cradle is an added bonus.

Still, I'm curious to know if anybody has any idea about when it's going to be released.

4. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Sadly, there isn't any definite release date available. They were targeting June for release, but obviously they missed that deadline. It's unclear whether they intentionally delayed release for marketing reasons, or whether there was some sort of certification problem or issue with the hardware.

I'm definitely hoping it arrives soon!

5. seinfeld95

seinfeld95 Member

Jun 27, 2012
  6. About that, do you know if it's compatible with iPad 3. The website say no, why ?

7. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    It is not compatible, sorry. All MFi controllers, Bluetooth or otherwise, are compatible only with iPhones and iPads that have a Lightning port.

If you're running an iPad 3, you'd be better off jailbreaking and using Controllers for All, as it is unlikely Apple will ever approve an officially compatible controller.

8. That's a true backstab from Apple...