Games as good as Battle for Wesnoth for long commutes?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Apr 17, 2010.

1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I love Battle for Wesnoth. Not only is it a great game with hundreds of hours of content, but it's also easy on the battery. What are some other quality games that play well during long commutes?

2. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    #2 TheSporkWithin, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
    The Quest is enormous and not too bad on battery consumption. PathPix and ColorCross are also pretty great if you enjoy puzzle games.

EDIT: Oh, and Sword of Fargoal. Lots of fun, low battery consumption. Randomly generated dungeons mean it doesn't get old. Rogue Touch is probably similar in this regard, but I haven't played it.

3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    First of all, Battle for Wesnoth is probably my favorite game, it's mind-blowing.

So yeah, Rogue Touch and Fargoal are awesome. Another game with a ton of Content is Necromancer Rising, which I personally love. PuzzleQuest will also keep you busy for a long long time, and it's a great mix of casual and RPG. Finally, if you haven't checked out Warp Gate yet, then you should. It's deep as hell and gorgeous to look at, although I don't know how it does on battery...probably not so well.

These are probably my 6 favorite games at the moment, and all of them will provide many long play sessions for a long long time. :)

4. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Yeah, I thought about putting Puzzle Quest on the list, as it has a ton of gameplay, but in my experience it chews through a surprising amount of battery. I imagine Warpgate and Necromancer Rising both do as well, being fully 3D games.

Oooh, Gamebook Adventures: An Assassin in Orlandes. It may not be as huge as some of the other games mentioned, but it'll give you at least a solid 4-5 hours of reading, more if you go back for additional endings, and it's really light on battery use.

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, you're probably right...and An Assassin in Orlandes is definitely another good recommendation. :)

6. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Nothing beats a good iTunes library.

7. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Er......

Rouge planet by Agharta studios?

8. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Reign of swords

9. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Space Miner: takes around 4 hours for a playthrough (that's just to beat it, a lot more to beat every system), great on battery, and is incredible