★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

After Upgrading To iOS4, All Game Saves Not Present

06-23-2010, 08:38 AM
After Upgrading To iOS4, All Game Saves Not Present

Hi guys, as the title suggests, I seem to have lost all my game saves.
After going through and starting my various games, I have to start at the beginning of every game.

I'm sure other people have experienced this and would be happy for some advice regarding whether I can restore the saved games or not.

Or redirecting to another thread with all the info.

06-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Hm... Are you sure you restored to a backup and didn't set up as a new iPod/iPhone? Are you sure you backed it up in the first place?

Beta Tested: iBetatest+Running with Scissors, iBlast Moki, IMO, 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011, Zenonia 2, Touch the Beat Beta Testing: Pentagon Defense
06-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Mine are all intact. Strange.

Invaders Must Die.
06-23-2010, 12:04 PM
That happened to me once. I still have no idea until now what happened, but that backup was just corrupt I suppose, all my game save went poof. I was so frustrated.

Luckily I had another backup from 2 months ago so I restored that one, though I lost progress on some games and had to restart on a few new games, at least I didn't lose everything.

If you're re restoring from an old back up, make sure to have a backup of your current one too. For me, the photos and SMS are most important, so after restoring to the previous backup, I restore the photos and SMS from the new backup.

Sorry if I'm confusing you.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
06-23-2010, 12:23 PM
took me almost two hours to backup and install the OS, but um..everything is here. No, i dont think you'll be getting any files back sadly.
06-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I think I must've been going mad since I've just checked and am now able to load my game saves.
Feel like a right plonker, d-oh! Anyway, just glad I'm able to carry on with Space Miner.
The only game I really pick up and play.