Official ELIMINATE Thread - 4 Player Online FPS [Will be FREE] [APPROVED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mjmoco, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

TouchArcade asks, will you download ELIMINATE?

1. Yes

466 vote(s)
    91.0%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Don't know yet

22 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    4 player!?! What a joke! Before I wad gonna get it but now I know it's only 4 players I probably won't I mean atleast 8 players, 4 players will be *beeping* boring, good move ngmoco :).... Not!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Another one who never experienced the marvel that was Rareware back in the days of the N64.

3. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I miss those days...my college roomates and I would play Goldeneye all the time.

4. King Juice

King Juice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    so what was the point of that countdown on their page?

5. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Yes, but like the GameReaper said a few pages ago, it may be to keep the framerate stable. I mean, what would you rather have, 8 players and lag, or 4 players and a perfect framerate?

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Now there saying Fall 2009 for this game. But not giving a month.

7. Ducayne

Ducayne Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    TV/Film Production
    NYC
    Yeah, if you check their website (eliminate.ngmoco.com), one of their countdown timers ended and shows the different suit types, very interesting! As of now, I'm sure I'll be aiming for the Speed suit.. I love me some agility in an FPS ;)

And I SWEAR the other countdown clock was a good 16 days yesterday, but when I checked the site today, it was bumped down to 6 days. Hoping that is the release day!

8. efp1

efp1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Finland
    Man, I was the king with Goldeneye's multiplayer! I used to love that game so much.

Anyway, a timer just ended. If I had to choose the suit, I would probably go for the sniper or the infiltrator.

9. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    OMG... I grew up on Rareware, man. Diddy Kong Racing, GoldenEye, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Perfect Dark. Awesome stuff. I bet they'd be making great iPhone games if they hadn't sold the company to Microsoft.:(

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    wow really..?? 4 players? really? That's called a deathmatch?
    I wouldn't spend even 4.99 on this wi-fi only "DEATHMATCH". I'd rather wait for the MC:SS update even if it takes the long ass time that i know it will.

This is probably gonna be priced at 9.99 too.

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yes.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    rock on then. \m/

13. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    It is a deathmatch, but I'm a little upset that that's all it will have. I would like some modes such as Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Search and Destroy, Bust-a-cap, hacker, or at least two or three of those modes. Maybe they'll add it into an update?

Anyway, the game looks pretty awesome, though. It looks very diverse with the different armor types, and the upgradable things make it all customizable. I don't think that the multiplayer for Modern Sandstorm will be that complex.

I still feel a little uncomfortable about the whole energy thing, but seeing as I could still play online with no energy left, I could play as long as I want. I just wouldn't get benefits every game. I'm quite interested now. :)

14. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    #94 mjmoco, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    ngmoshow 07: eliminate

Hi folks-

I'll be back through in a bit to answer some more questions, but I wanted to let you know that in conjunction with the armor teaser trailer, we've released the next episode of the ngmoshow.

Chris Plummer walks through (i.e. demos) the upgrade system in Eliminate.

ngmoshow 07 -- part 3: Eliminate

--MJ

15. Ducayne

Ducayne Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    TV/Film Production
    NYC
    STOKED!! FPS + RPG Level up elements = Sold! Just get it in my hands already!

Love,
    Your #1 ngmoco:) fan

16. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    That acually changed my mind about not buying it... So this is considered a bit like a MMOFPS, but not really. But officially, it will be a instant buy from me.

17. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
  18. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Oh wow...that looks very interesting. I wonder how big their testing pool was? It seems like a lot of the upgrades could impact gameplay tremendously, unless I misunderstood how they work.

19. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    For the gazillionth time. How much will it cost?

20. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    I love their marketing skills! It's amazing how they are making this more then just a simple game. It's like a movie! With all this aersonal megacorp stuff, it's sooo cool!

I'm soo happy they have many diff. weapons and different suits! I love ngmoco.

MJ, can you please give an estimated released date? Like what month? October, November?