Square Enix Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by backtothis, Aug 4, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #1 backtothis, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    In celebration of the release of FFT, SE is having its usual sale. Looks like everything is cheaper besides FFIII. Looks like SE is keeping prices higher than usual this time also.

Secret of Mana, 6.99
    Chaos Rings, 5.99
    Chaos Rings Omega, 8.99
    FF1, 4.99
    FF2, 4.99

Don't think any of the other titles are worth mentioning.

Edit: Looks like SE is never going to put Lara Croft on sale either. It's an awesome game though.

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Doh, I already have all of those. Just waiting for FF3. =/

3. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Same, have all of their the above mentioned titles on iTunes except FFIII. Meh, I'd rather play FFT in case :].

4. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Both Chaos Rings games are on sale on iPad too. 51% off Chaos Rings and 27% off Omega apparently. $8.49 and $11.49 AUD.

No FF III :C no matter, I'm fine with full price was only waiting just in case.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Got screwed on a Chocobo Panic drop... how much longer must the wait go on?

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I would get Secret of Mana, but $7 is still a little much.

7. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Hm? Chocobo Panic is actually on sale too, 51% off/1.99 AUD. I am almost 100% sure there is some sort of sarcasm in there that I am missing but I just woke up from a nap and my brain doesn't work yet.

8. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Yeah, thought it would be 50% off or something. Nevermind, I'm not in a hurry.

9. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    Interested in omega but still £7.49.

Crystal defenders has 51% off too.

10. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

SoM, FF1 and FF2 have all been cheaper. I seem to remember picking up SoM for $3.99, I know I wouldn't have paid more then $4.99 for it.

11. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Yes, SoM was $3.99 before.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, like I said, sales have been more generous in the past.

I thought undeadcow's comment was referring to FFIII still not being on sale..unless I'm wrong.

13. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    @backtothis, Song Summoner- The Unsung Heroes Encore is now on sale for 4.99.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yes, all of their other games are on sale. I said in the OP that they weren't worth mentioning.

15. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good at least worth mentioning!

16. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Overpriced games have become slightly less overpriced! Huzzah!

Now I'm only paying $6 for having the name Square attached to a game, instead of the $9 or $12! It's like my birthday and Christmas combined!

17. Evilblackout2

Evilblackout2 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Computer Tech
    Los Angeles, California
    They aren't overpriced it's just that the app store spoiled you with prices. If you don't like paying for high quality titles than that's for you, but I don't mind paying especially since all these games are classics and having them on my phone is amazing.

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This.

19. arrrarrr

arrrarrr Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Exactly. I bought Secret of Mana when it was $7. Most people spend more than that on lunch. Just for comparison sake, it is $8 on the Wii and the iOS version has slightly updated visuals and colors. FF1, FF2, and FF3 are priced lower than their PSP/DS counterparts. FF3 is vastly superior in visuals to the DS version.

People are reluctant to pay .99 most of the time. It's ridiculous. If the smug expectations remain the quality titles will remain few and far between and we will be stuck with fremium garbage and games where .99 only gets you the title screen and the rest cost extra in DLC. The latter is why I don't mind paying $16 for FFT. Infinity Blade might only be a few bucks right now but eventually you reach a point where you almost have to pay for gold. In the end you wind up spending more that $16. Sure it looks amazing, but no way is it as deep as FFT.

We've reached a crossroads. iOS is a serious platform and it's here to stay. Console/PSP/DS gamers are beginning to realize that there is more than Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja and that even without buttons you can play some serious games on your phone. That's what is important to me, these games are on my phone which is always with me and I want to see more of them. Lego Harry Potter is what woke me up to this. It was a full-length game and yes it was only $5 or less but notice how they haven't ported any of the other Lego titles since.

BTW - Vanguard Storm is currently $1.99 and Crystal Defenders is on sale for $3.99. Again for comparison, it's $10 on consoles.

20. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I have the first Chaos Rings and heard that Omega is almost the same thing. Is this true? Should I get Omega while it's on sale?