We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Is Canabalt worth $2.99?

1. Yes

213 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

293 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. Not my type of game

102 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    Japanese devs have no idea how to price games competitively

2. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I really didn`t expect such a high price, but whatever! Still buying it the minute it comes out :))

3. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    This. They just don't get it and they are so behind the times, in general, even in console development . Seriously namco is charging 10 euros for the iPad version of ridge racer which doesn't even have a proper single player mode , I wouldn't expect any different from them and I had written that in the soul caliber thread .

4. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    For that price we should be getting soul caliber 5 ,and yes if the psp can do a decent version of soul caliber 4 , then iPhone 4s and iPad 2 should definitely be able to handle a watered down port of soul caliber 5 .

5. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Lol @ price.

Day-um. You could buy 20 99c apps at that price...

6. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    I'll wait for sale, the price is too high, Street Fighter Volt had a price of 0,99$ at the beginning!

7. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    SF4 didn't though, it launched at $10, just $2 difference. And with 2D sprites.

If this controls as good as SF4 then It's a must have for those who can afford it.

8. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    If it was the same as the current price on XBLA I would buy, I agree it should be a premium price but it should not cost more than other formats, especially if its got stuff cut out (MP for example).

Hope it plays well and namco bring it down to same as XBLA price soon, rather than raising it like description says

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I hope they do a $3 promo real soon. But i'll get this game when it becomes around $5. Sorry, that's all i WILL put in it.

10. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Like the look of this. Seems a bit pricey for what it is though.

11. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    I deff agree. So much AAA word titles out there. i wonder how this one will do, considering its launch price. Ill probably buy it after work today, we'll see if any impressions change my mind.

12. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Wow.. Expensive.

They will definitely lower the price once they realize that high prices don't do too well in the App Store.

13. MissDjax

MissDjax Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    loool at the price!

14. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Are people really complaining about 13 dollars for a game? Really?

15. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    ^ also Robotwars - take it into perspective, $13 for an game on a phone, there are better games on consoles and PC (minecraft for one) that is better and will almost definately last longer.

I will not pay over £5 for this game. £5 is fine but anything over is no-no. Still not out in UK though, will wait to the morning.

16. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011

Why are you waiting for a game that you will not buy? Seems kind of pointless and trolling to me!

17. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    That's the AppStore for you.

Though i will probably have to kick waay back on AppStore spending and have to settle with 1-2 games a month (if I'm lucky :eek:), I'm greatly looking fwd to the Vita's release..

Actually, I've practically already started my fasting for AppStore games. I'd love to buy this but I plan on having UMvC3 very soon, so this would probably go down as a waste of money in my book.

In any other case, I'd shell out the money for this no problem, but I mustn't.

18. Nudgenudge

Nudgenudge Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
    This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies. :D

19. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    A lot of people complain as it is high for an iphone game, its very high for an iphone game. A few like myself are complaining as its high for the game itself...
    GTA3 came out at 4.99, a 10 year old game with a much more attractive price point. Soul Calibur recently had a XBLA release at $10, yet a port to iOS costs more?

Maybe GTA3 was too little when it launched. I'm not denying that this shouldnt come at a premium and probably more than GTA, but I am disappointed that the XBLA version that held onto MP and got leaderboards and achievments costs less than a port with no MP and no GC.

So yeh it does cost too much for what it is

20. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    I cannot believe people are whining about price.

I will do my part in supporting future ports by Namco.

This is a must-have!