Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1671  
Old 10-22-2014, 02:04 PM
zergslayer69 zergslayer69 is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 928
Default

Love using the ps4 controller with the ipad in MFI games. However if I idle for a while then it disconnects and gets a little wonky with pairing again. I just restart the whole device to keep it simple. Does this happen with official devices?
Reply With Quote
  #1672  
Old 10-22-2014, 03:12 PM
oldsnake oldsnake is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bologna italy
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Love using the ps4 controller with the ipad in MFI games. However if I idle for a while then it disconnects and gets a little wonky with pairing again. I just restart the whole device to keep it simple. Does this happen with official devices?
Yes,it happen with all Bluetooth controllers,with iOS 8x,iOS 8.1 doesn't Fix nothing..with some games they work well,while with other doesn't work at all..
Reply With Quote
  #1673  
Old 10-22-2014, 06:02 PM
bilboa bilboa is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
Yes,it happen with all Bluetooth controllers,with iOS 8x,iOS 8.1 doesn't Fix nothing..with some games they work well,while with other doesn't work at all..
Does the problem you're describing only happen in iOS 8, or did it also happen in iOS 7 with official controllers? I know zergslayer69 isn't using iOS 8, since there's no jailbreak for iOS 8 yet, so his question was about iOS 7, (and hopefully iOS 8 once Apple gets around to fixing this.)
Reply With Quote
  #1674  
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Supagoat Supagoat is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
Does the problem you're describing only happen in iOS 8, or did it also happen in iOS 7 with official controllers? I know zergslayer69 isn't using iOS 8, since there's no jailbreak for iOS 8 yet, so his question was about iOS 7, (and hopefully iOS 8 once Apple gets around to fixing this.)
I can confirm this happens in iOS 8 with the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i Micro.
Reply With Quote
  #1675  
Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM
oldsnake oldsnake is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bologna italy
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
Does the problem you're describing only happen in iOS 8, or did it also happen in iOS 7 with official controllers? I know zergslayer69 isn't using iOS 8, since there's no jailbreak for iOS 8 yet, so his question was about iOS 7, (and hopefully iOS 8 once Apple gets around to fixing this.)
The problem it's only on every device running iOS 8,if you're on iOS 7,you're safe,it's a problem that Apple had to fix on iOS 8,and officially MFI standard controllers work with iOS 8,only Bluetooth Controllers are broken by the new OS..like MOGA REBEL and MAD CATZ C.T.R.L.I...with some games they work,but with others doesn't,disconnections.and so on.
Reply With Quote
  #1676  
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM
Supagoat Supagoat is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
The problem it's only on every device running iOS 8,if you're on iOS 7,you're safe,it's a problem that Apple had to fix on iOS 8,and officially MFI standard controllers work with iOS 8,only Bluetooth Controllers are broken by the new OS..like MOGA REBEL and MAD CATZ C.T.R.L.I...with some games they work,but with others doesn't,disconnections.and so on.
Do you know some examples of games that don't work so I can test those? I only had time last night to try with Wayward Souls, but I have a couple other to try with. My disconnection problem only happened when the phone (and then the controller) went to sleep. No problems during the game.
Reply With Quote
  #1677  
Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM
oldsnake oldsnake is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bologna italy
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supagoat View Post
Do you know some examples of games that don't work so I can test those? I only had time last night to try with Wayward Souls, but I have a couple other to try with. My disconnection problem only happened when the phone (and then the controller) went to sleep. No problems during the game.
Here you can find a good list of game that work,and games that don't work:

http://afterpad.com/post/97900929220...mpatible-games
Reply With Quote
  #1678  
Old Today, 04:01 AM
Draven2222 Draven2222 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Not many...

Mage Gauntlet
Secret of Mana
Bastion
Across Age 2

Those are the only 'action' RPGs I've got on my phone now... I'm sure there's a few more, but yeah, we need more KRPGs with MFi support. The genre seems to have died down over the last couple years... =o(
Mage Gauntlet ..No Support for MFi controllers
Reply With Quote
  #1679  
Old Today, 08:55 AM
Supagoat Supagoat is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
Here you can find a good list of game that work,and games that don't work:

[url]http://afterpad.com/post/97900929220/ios8-bluetooth-mfi-controller-compatible-games[/url]
Funky... I just played Monster Hunter (which is on the broken list) last night and it worked fine. I haven't updated to 8.1 yet. I only did one mission so if the problem surfaces after a long time then maybe that's why I didn't see it...
Reply With Quote
  #1680  
Old Today, 09:45 AM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,973
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven2222 View Post
Mage Gauntlet ..No Support for MFi controllers
Ha, sorry... It was at the end of my MFi folder because I think they said something about adding it... Could be wrong and just full of hope though. =oP
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent