Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 10-22-2014, 02:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Love using the ps4 controller with the ipad in MFI games. However if I idle for a while then it disconnects and gets a little wonky with pairing again. I just restart the whole device to keep it simple. Does this happen with official devices?
Old 10-22-2014, 03:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Love using the ps4 controller with the ipad in MFI games. However if I idle for a while then it disconnects and gets a little wonky with pairing again. I just restart the whole device to keep it simple. Does this happen with official devices?
Yes,it happen with all Bluetooth controllers,with iOS 8x,iOS 8.1 doesn't Fix nothing..with some games they work well,while with other doesn't work at all..
Old 10-22-2014, 06:02 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
Yes,it happen with all Bluetooth controllers,with iOS 8x,iOS 8.1 doesn't Fix nothing..with some games they work well,while with other doesn't work at all..
Does the problem you're describing only happen in iOS 8, or did it also happen in iOS 7 with official controllers? I know zergslayer69 isn't using iOS 8, since there's no jailbreak for iOS 8 yet, so his question was about iOS 7, (and hopefully iOS 8 once Apple gets around to fixing this.)
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
Does the problem you're describing only happen in iOS 8, or did it also happen in iOS 7 with official controllers? I know zergslayer69 isn't using iOS 8, since there's no jailbreak for iOS 8 yet, so his question was about iOS 7, (and hopefully iOS 8 once Apple gets around to fixing this.)
I can confirm this happens in iOS 8 with the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i Micro.
Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
The problem it's only on every device running iOS 8,if you're on iOS 7,you're safe,it's a problem that Apple had to fix on iOS 8,and officially MFI standard controllers work with iOS 8,only Bluetooth Controllers are broken by the new OS..like MOGA REBEL and MAD CATZ C.T.R.L.I...with some games they work,but with others doesn't,disconnections.and so on.
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM

Quote:
The problem it's only on every device running iOS 8,if you're on iOS 7,you're safe,it's a problem that Apple had to fix on iOS 8,and officially MFI standard controllers work with iOS 8,only Bluetooth Controllers are broken by the new OS..like MOGA REBEL and MAD CATZ C.T.R.L.I...with some games they work,but with others doesn't,disconnections.and so on.
Do you know some examples of games that don't work so I can test those? I only had time last night to try with Wayward Souls, but I have a couple other to try with. My disconnection problem only happened when the phone (and then the controller) went to sleep. No problems during the game.
Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supagoat View Post
Do you know some examples of games that don't work so I can test those? I only had time last night to try with Wayward Souls, but I have a couple other to try with. My disconnection problem only happened when the phone (and then the controller) went to sleep. No problems during the game.
Here you can find a good list of game that work,and games that don't work:

http://afterpad.com/post/97900929220...mpatible-games
Old Today, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Not many...

Mage Gauntlet
Secret of Mana
Bastion
Across Age 2

Those are the only 'action' RPGs I've got on my phone now... I'm sure there's a few more, but yeah, we need more KRPGs with MFi support. The genre seems to have died down over the last couple years... =o(
Mage Gauntlet ..No Support for MFi controllers
Old Today, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Here you can find a good list of game that work,and games that don't work:

[url]http://afterpad.com/post/97900929220/ios8-bluetooth-mfi-controller-compatible-games[/url]
Funky... I just played Monster Hunter (which is on the broken list) last night and it worked fine. I haven't updated to 8.1 yet. I only did one mission so if the problem surfaces after a long time then maybe that's why I didn't see it...
Old Today, 09:45 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven2222 View Post
Mage Gauntlet ..No Support for MFi controllers
Ha, sorry... It was at the end of my MFi folder because I think they said something about adding it... Could be wrong and just full of hope though. =oP