"Fixum" puzzle game - 5 codes every hour

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by jpsquare, Jul 7, 2014.

1. jpsquare

jpsquare Member

Jul 7, 2014
    fresh codes

promo codes, get em while they're fresh:

N7A77PXWMLXL
    WWEN69JXWTLM
    6P3PNHEWR4FP

2. omerkarakaya

omerkarakaya Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Male
    Turkey
    N7A77PXWMLXL
    Thanks !!!

3. b_sphinx

b_sphinx Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    all codes used up...

does the 'every hour' codes stopped?

4. jpsquare

jpsquare Member

Jul 7, 2014
    a few more Fixum promo codes

Here are a few more promo codes for Fixum. if you use a code, we would really appreciate you dropping us a message and letting us know what you think. thanks.

codes:
    NX9ERTKX3NEH
    FR7XF4M47HXE
    R7WMPHYFA767

5. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Took NX9ERTKX3NEH, Thanks!

Do you want us to give impressions here or in a different thread?

6. jpsquare

jpsquare Member

Jul 7, 2014
    another 3 codes for the day

running out of codes, but here are three more:

Y93NWXNHTHJ4
    HFMJN7LWJM6L
    ARAH44WX9L9F

7. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Used code HFMJN7LWJM6L -thanks

8. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #28 Lavender, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Some constructive criticism as requested in original post:

A very different and original puzzle type game.
    You are presented with a pattern to copy and complete.
    You swap tiles and turn them, placing them in the correct positions to complete the puzzle/pattern. Sounds simple enough but they really do get more challenging.
    The tiles swap easily but when turning a tile, quite often, it will go the opposite way that you intended, causing you to use up the allowed moves quicker. This can become frustrating. Seriously frustrating!

Normally, I would recommend this app but sadly, no matter how original or good it is, I can not.

Should I say, here we go again?... Another developer charging money for what is actually a money eating freemium app. Sigh.....

I was really surprised when playing the game. After a few levels, I found that I would have to pay MORE or wait a certain amount once the timer bar reached zero. On a PAID app!!!!!

Funny thing. The dev made the timer bar look cute with a heart like that makes the deception ok. Hmmm....

At first, I didn't realize all of this when someone else had mentioned it, because it doesn't happen right away. You get into the game first. (of course)
    Once you lose a level by not finishing the puzzle within a certain number of moves, the timer starts.
    You then have 15 whole minutes to keep playing.
    You actually get 3 options. 1, A booster 2. Skip 3. Quit

SURPRISE!!! -----nBecause, this is not disclosed in the app description!

Usually, it is non-disclosed ads that bother me in a paid app because it is cheating the customer, pure and simple. There are no ads in this app. No... it is much worse.

Instead, you get to purchase an app that you think you get to play whenever and for however long you want ( as you would, any app you PAY for) and instead, you get LIMITED play time. (Note: you do get an extra boost to add more moves but that timer is still ticking....)
    Too bad though.
    Another really great game ruined by greed...

Edit:
    I am at level 20. I am stuck. See, I used the boosters, for 'ten extra moves' in other levels. I thought they came with each level. (Apparently not.) Especially because they are offered for use with each level. One time I wasted one because I just wanted to see what it was for and for leaving a review.
    When you open level 20, you get a description of how to use the booster. Then, the puzzle itself allows you only 3 moves but obviously needs more. I believe it is to show you how to use the booster. Now, I can't pass level 20 because I don't have a booster. Wow... tricky. I can't play any more if I don't pay more for this PAID app that I already own. Huh. Seriously?
    Do you all see what I am saying here? If you purchase this app, don't be surprised when you can't play the app you PAID for anymore without paying MORE money for it.
    I likes the game, but have no choice, but to delete it. And; by principal among other things, I will NEVER support a dev or company with the purchase of any IAP's in any app with this type of behavior. Allowing people to purchase a game and tricking them by not disclosing that they can't continue to play the game they PAID for without making additional purchases
    Just the facts. ( I'll submit some screenshots later)

Edit (again)
    I took another look at level 20. I was able to finally pass it. It took approx. 26 times to be able to do it, and a lot of frustrating waiting periods to finally do it. Not because I could not figure it out, but, that's how long it took for the puzzle to regenerate itself into a workable pattern. So, I agree that it can be done, but still; inappropriate for a paid app.

9. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Well I am level 99 and do concur that there are money pits all over the game. Even worse there is no price tags to any of the items until you sign in with your iTunes account. I do seem to recall that the dev was suppose to display the cost before charging.

And some puzzles based on initial positioning can't be solved in the moves provided.

And until do you run out of lives do you find you can pay more to get more life's as well. I would have to concur with the above comments. Having lots of Iap in a paid app is very frowned upon.

Also as other people have mentioned, if you finish a level at bronze, you get rewarded with silver and likewise with silver getting gold.

Challenging puzzles yes. But the iap all over ruins the gameplay.

10. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    You are lucky to have reached 99!
    I can't go past level 20 because I don't have a booster left.
    Sometimes, like when I played this game, my mind was on other things at the same time. Ie: kids, phone calls, someone else in crisis. So, I played casually, not worrying about getting out, because there was no info otherwise.
    To be required to purchase a consumable iap on a PAID app without disclosure is despicable. I would not have invested my valuable time in the first place or for giving feedback. When I give feedback, i will also purposefully get out, just like I did with this game, to get the 'feel' of what happens. It's my fault for being naive enough to believe that someone that is an active member at TA wouldn't take advantage of the same community members they may have responded to or spoken with before. And frankly, I don't mind iap's when I can choose not to use them in a paid app. This is misrepresentation, no doubt.

11. jpsquare

jpsquare Member

Jul 7, 2014
    thanks

Thank you everybody for your criticism. We will consider making this app free because of the lives lost. But just to clarify two things. The first is that you do NOT need to make any in app purchase to play the game. The entire game can be played and beaten without any in app purchases. The more you play the better you get at the game, just like any game. But it sounds like the complaint is maybe the levels are too difficult for people. We may also ease up on the difficult a bit. It is difficult to determine how many moves it will take most people to complete the puzzles. Second, when you lose lives, they regenerate, so nobody is ever forced to pay for a life, and boosters are not required to move on in the game.

One gameplay tip is that you should try to switch two tiles so that they are both left in the right position. Sometimes its better to move a tile that ends up in the correct rotation, then to rotate the same type of tile twice. These sorts of efficient moves make the game MUCH MUCH easier. but your criticisms are well taken and we appreciate it.

we are not trying to scam people out of money. our mission is to provide a fun game, that might also allow us to make money.

12. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #32 Lavender, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    First of all, I can see the hard work that went into the game. It really is a great game, as I wrote before. You don't need to make the game free because game lives were lost. Just fix the issues, update, let everyone know about it and move on.
    When it comes to timers, energy bars, ads, (there were NO ads in your game) and consumable IAPs in a PAID app, feedback is always going to be harsh. I do understand making money for your hard word. I really do. But, not at the expense of causing people to pay again for an app they have already paid for.
    Please understand my position. If it is a glitch, a big one none the less, I will apologize and even edit my feedback if you wanted that.
    I did notice that lives regenerate. BUT... there is a waiting time for them to regenerate. (I can't remember how long) Which I believe is also inappropriate for a PAID app. In a paid app, the buyer should be able to play at any time they want to.
    Because of what you wrote, I took another look at level 20. I was able to finally pass it. It took approx. 26 times to be able to do it, and a lot of frustrating waiting periods to finally do it. Not because I could not figure it out, but, that's how long it took for the puzzle to regenerate itself into a workable pattern. So, I agree that it can be done, but still; inappropriate for a paid app.

My suggestions:
    If you do in fact go free, which I'm sure most of the TA members will hate... leave as is.

PAID:
    1. Get rid of the timer
    2. Allow the player to earn boosters throughout the game. Just a few. Then those that want to use the iap feature can if they choose to do so.
    3. Allow players to re-play previous levels with out penalty.
    4. Reduce the amount of iaps there are. It is overwhelming. How about an iap for 'unlimited boosters' or one for 'unlimited skips.'
    5. make sure all puzzles have the possibility of being beat, no matter the re-generation. Or, understandably, if it is a lot of hard work to do that for unlimited known and unknown patterns, how about a refresh option? Maybe it could be refreshed only at the beginning of each puzzle?
    6. Next time, ask for beta testers before release of a game (just a suggestion))
    )

I am sure there is more, but it is 2:30 am for me and I need to get to bed.

I wish you luck. I really do.
    If you 'fix' the game, and you want some private feedback, I'd be happy to try it and give it. Just let me know.

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    ARAH44WX9L9F taken...

thanks a lot!

14. jpsquare

jpsquare Member

Jul 7, 2014
    3 more codes anybody?

these codes go so quick. here's three more:

KWNYY4RML4EL
    4YFYNP3ALXFK
    W9RMWXNFXFR4

15. kristoffer

kristoffer Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    W9RMWXNFXFR4 Thanks!

16. ronit

ronit Well-Known Member

May 12, 2011
    Blogger
    US
    KWNYY4RML4EL used.

Thanks.

17. jpsquare

jpsquare Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Fixum, Version 1.1

Hi all. I'm back with a few promo codes for the new version 1.1. We've lowered the difficulty a bit of some puzzles, improved the performance, and thought we'd give it another go. Happy puzzling!

6MAMHL37NMJL
    KRE7W6ELTEYW
    YFJMLMJE3F4P

18. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    I used YFJMLMJE3F4P. Thanks

19. b_sphinx

b_sphinx Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    took KRE7W6ELTEYW. thxs.

20. Aja22193

Aja22193 New Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Who’s passed level 47 and can help me please?