Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. ITI3l33

ITI3l33 Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I've been reading this thread as a guest since it started. Now I signed up so I can voice my opinions and such. Yays.

Anyways, I love this game. I was really depressed at first when it didn't work with my iPod. But now it does and I'm hooked.

And now, I'm going to share my own personal achievement.
    [​IMG]
    This amount was not legit (duplicating rules), and it's only for show. I do not actually use this. I keep my real coal separate.

2. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    That's the part I'm not getting, or you're not getting, or something ;)
    I replaced my *inventory*, my worlds, my progress, etc., weren't touched in any way by the restoring of items, they were exactly the same as before the restore since nothing had gone wrong. My empty inventory was, although not identical to the pre-crash state, close enough after the restore for gov't work since the only thing I had on me was my usual "mining kit" (coal, wood, torches, food, ladders, nails, dirt blocks, & tools) - the back up from a few hours before was close enough.

So, no time lost, and the only items lost were inconsequential and probably offset by actually gaining on some items (e.g. I lost a bunch of cooked pork, but I gained some coal).

I've never seen an iOS game with this flexible and this powerful a back up system and although, yes, it's trivial to abuse it if you're that sort of person, I commend Pixbits for implementing it and further improving it with the last update.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I have only (knocking on wood) experienced two crashes - one before this new restore system and had a back up on my computer and had the file share and the second was when the new system was implemented.

They both worked flawlessly and I too did not lose any time. Maybe like a few minutes but that is because I back up frequently. So it works as they say if you work it.

I see how people are abusing it, and just like other games that have their exploits we can only hope that people don't. But I too am VERY grateful for Pixbits implementing this system because it IS devastating to see a blank inventory after a crash. So thank you Pixbits for creating such a thorough system. If people want to spoil the game for themselves what can we do? There isn't any leader board, there isn't anything to gain by doing it, and if they can live with themselves so be it.

Long given up standing on the don't exploit the game soap box after I saw so many people fiddle with the device clock in timed games. So whatever it is it is. I know for myself that I found, made, crafted everything I have.

But enough of that, I do want to know the theory behind the zoom camera cool down.

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier but no I'm not jailbroken. I ended up just deleting my world and starting fresh and that seemed to fix it. Also iphone 4 5.0.1

5. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Yeah, I think you're right. I didn't understand exactly what the backup feature does at the time. (desc. is pretty unclear/nonspecific) Thanks!

6. Guywithahat

Guywithahat Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Can anyone show me a picture of mithril?
    I haven't seen any yet and I've been playing for ages!!

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There's no Mithril sword in the game yet? =(

I'll take a pic of Mithril next time I come across it~

8. WIZARDLY_LIZARD

WIZARDLY_LIZARD Active Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I don't think mithral is that rare, I have come across more mithral than I have gold..probably ..maybe about equal
    It just looks just like gold lumps but it's lightish lime green.
    Doesn't shine either

9. Guywithahat

Mar 9, 2011
    Is mithril a mith ???? HEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHHEHEHEHE

:D it's just that I've been playing for a while and I've come across plenty of gold and iron and copper and everything else but not once have I come across mithril .
    Did mithril only recently come into the game in the new update or what?

10. Guywithahat

Mar 9, 2011
    Oh and also I can't seem to craft anything at the moment .
    Doesnt seem to be letting me craft anything !?!?!?

11. Guywithahat

Mar 9, 2011
    Mithril!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    I can find pretty much all other stuff apart from mithril !!!!!

12. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    #992 AlteaineDranix, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    I've found mithril at the far depths of the world where the bedrock is, so perhaps you could try digging to the very bottom and work upwards from there. It's how I stumbled across it, and I was wandering lost underground.
    And I have never had ore veins spawn clumped together like that; that's kind of cute.

And I think mithril swords aren't craftable yet for some reason. It shouldn't be too hard for them to include it, though.

Also, does anyone know if the devs have any plans to make the world infinite? That would be beyond amazing.

13. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Mithril has been in the game since launch.Maybe you need to dig deeper,i found plenty right from the start.

14. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well i actually have not found any mithril too, but i have a lot of other stuff like gold and gems.

15. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I might have read that they altered the proportion of spawning of all the gems in this update. So Copper and Iron appears more frequently and Gold and Mithril appears LESS frequently. I have found bunches really deep. I am not sure though if your world existed before the update if stuff spawns each time you load it or just that one time that the world generates when you press a new world. So my underground world might have spawned before this update which might be why I come across it as much as the others - well gold more frequently but fair amount of mithril.

I only have one world I continue to respawn which is the third world. One is my house, two is my underground that I am trying to uncover every bit and three is my go to world when I need more supplies of the basics - wood, dirt, etc - stuff you can't get in the granite! Those two files have been in existence since the original version.

16. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    mmm, it crashes for a few time for me already...and it doesn't really auto-save, since it rolls me back to the last save point when i reload the game...and i don't really feel like press'ing the pause button every once in a while...:(

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    On their forums they've said they'd like to switch to a 'chunk' system to allow for much larger worlds...

18. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    If you found something important that you don't want to lose you would. The save system is more in depth than any other iOS game I own (in game, file sharing with your computer for back up, etc). Hitting the pause to save is hardly any problem. If you played any game with big boss battles you surely have done that before going in - saving the game in case you die. Look at it the same way and you won't mind it at all.

19. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    #999 Joey87, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    I understand what you are trying to say, i agree the saving system is indepth and would works very well with RPGs, but i think for Junk Jack, it prolly works better with auto-save. My point is, its frustrating when it crashes often and you were in the midst of crafting, then crashes and everything is gone. Unless you are suggesting to save everytime i crafted anything.

Not to mentioned i do save randomly, but it wasn't as frequent and it crashes right after i crafted several furnitures for my house. Unless they fix the crash. The game has crashed 3 times on me today already. I'm not sure if its due to my phone or the game itself, i'm on latest iOS on iPhone 4.

(The crash is especially annoying when i was in the midst of rearranging my inventory..lol, crash, roll-back and my inventory is once messy again. XD)

No offense, i love the game, i'm enjoying it a lot :)

20. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Hai hats! I got da WIN mines. LOL u can''t fade a G, NUBS hahahahah