★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is Pocket God Racist?

View Poll Results: Is Pocket God racist?
No, people are overreacting, don't change a thing 145 84.80%
Yes, it's racist, and they should do something about it! 16 9.36%
They're overreacting, but PG should be changed to please them. 10 5.85%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll
04-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to Firestar
Is Pocket God Racist?

I am posting this in response to an article that was in my local newspaper today. They say that Pocket God depicts Pacific Islanders being tortured or murdered and is as such racist. I personally think they are overreacting, but I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/23...ne-game-racist

EDIT: Sorry, missed the other post, is a different news article but will delete if you want.
EDIT 2: Will keep up because of poll.

Last edited by Firestar; 04-30-2009 at 03:08 AM.
04-30-2009, 02:07 AM
Talked about it yesterday here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ghlight=pocket

Cheers

04-30-2009, 02:07 AM
04-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Humanity is doomed is what I think. Millions of homeless. Millions of dying people with AIDS. And this is news? Please. Same thing with Resident Evil 5 and Africa. Are there no Black people in Africa? And With RE4. Are there no Spanish in Spain? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a DAMN videogame,
Quote:
journalists
!
We were talking about this in another thread. And I think the concerns of marginalized people should be taken seriously.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...pocket+pacific

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar View Post
I am posting this in response to an article that was in my local newspaper today. They say that Pocket God depicts Pacific Islanders being tortured or murdered and is as such racist. I personally think they are overreacting, but I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/23...ne-game-racist
Ah sure...it's racist.
Papi Jump, Rolando and Fieldrunners are racist too... poor little creatures from Fantasyland...
04-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Last line, pocket god is again misplaced for a game..
04-30-2009, 02:26 AM
1. (From earlier) So, if the parents wanted "Baby Shaker" to go and PG seems like a possibility then all the mature games that others have complained about should be banned too!? Gore wanted this policy and Apple are having problems with the mistakes they've done with the release of the apps, then what life is there to have fun- its just an application, if parents have problems with these then don't get it and don't look at it and don't even talk about it, it'll be over. If this were to be a problem, it was Apple Company's mistake to release it Baby Shaker should not be banned for what they've done. This is ridiculous! This world is full of problems and a small, tiny little baby shaking app. should not cause riots- not between the parents or who so ever and Apple! Apple made the mistake so be it, shit happens...

And I'm not hating on Apple. A powerful company always have one small problem and everyone hates them (or complains about them). I see other load of crap from other companies...

2. People overreact. They should just ban it in their country or something. They do this with movies that may be considered racist or just not appropriate. I don't get it. I don't see anything wrong with this- they are probably doing the same kinds of things that we do here with PG, doesn't have to be similar but they're doing something and we don't see it. They catch us with this app./movies/ posters/ etc. Maybe we should find something from there and make a big commotion about it, see how they like it. This is just ridiculous.

But then again, I can compare this to the Native American problems with the college mascot in Florida (?) some time ago... so I don't know. This varies from everyone's point of view.

3. (sorry for the use of bad language, just expressing myself)
04-30-2009, 02:37 AM
Everyone is a little bit racist.
04-30-2009, 02:45 AM
I can go slaughter millions of white people in a GTA game, but was there articles about that being racist? Nope, not at all. But if it is people that aren't white is it racist? Of course it is. What a screwed up world we live in.